You can't Cancel Southern History, no matter what, no bullies.

fly that flag

Rookie
Oct 22, 2020
There are far too many proud people, poor people, whose ancestors who settled the souther were poor and didn't own any slaves. They fought for states rights, and they fly the stars and bars today - you can't change that. Many are getting bulk flags and selling them to family and friends all around the three counties I work it, it's amazing to see them flying more and more. Glad that they won't be bullied by those who don't want their history forgotten, seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

There are far too many proud people, poor people, whose ancestors who settled the souther were poor and didn't own any slaves. They fought for states rights, and they fly the stars and bars today - you can't change that. Many are getting bulk flags and selling them to family and friends all around the three counties I work it, it's amazing to see them flying more and more. Glad that they won't be bullied by those who don't want their history forgotten, seems a bit hypocritical to me.
What are you talking about? The Civil War was not about States' rights, it was about right wingers commiting the treason of levying war against the Union.

What are you talking about? The Civil War was not about States' rights, it was about right wingers commiting the treason of levying war against the Union.

it is abhorrent that any rebels' body is buried in arlington.

Fuck off, asshole....They were all declared full-fledged Murican veterans, worthy of all the honors privileges thereof.

Fuck off, asshole....They were all declared full-fledged Murican veterans, worthy of all the honors privileges thereof.

66230279.jpg

View attachment 405199
No more a "traitor" that someone who sues for divorce from an abusive spouse....asshole.

View attachment 405199
No more a "traitor" that someone who sues for divorce from an abusive spouse....asshole.

^^^worst analogy ever ^^^

View attachment 405199

Great analogy, whether an asshole likes it or not.

Fact remains that full veteran status for Confederate troops is a part of the peace treaty...True historical fact.

So suck it, peckerhead.

View attachment 405199

Great analogy, whether an asshole likes it or not.

Fact remains that full veteran status for Confederate troops is a part of the peace treaty...True historical fact.

So suck it, peckerhead.

lol ... doesn't mean they should have. they wanted to secede & were willing to kill to do just that.

that is treason.

The 1860 census showed that only 1/3 of Southern households owned slaves. Only about 10% of Southerners actually held title to slaves.

I have nothing against the Confederate flag, and I see no reason to be tearing down statues of Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis. I would not fly or otherwise display the Confederate flag, but I have nothing against it.

1. I understand that in 1860, many Americans would say, "The United States are ..." instead of "is."

2. There were scholars who believe that the states DID have the right to leave. The Constitution is mum on the subject.

3. Without discussing slavery, I think that we have no right to judge the Southern people who were living in 1860. It is impossible to understand them as it would have been impossible for them to imagine our lives in 2020 (the Internet, cellphones, people of color as President, etc.). We should really stop judging them. That was then; this is now.

1. I understand that in 1860, many Americans would say, "The United States are ..." instead of "is."

2. There were scholars who believe that the states DID have the right to leave. The Constitution is mum on the subject.

3. Without discussing slavery, I think that we have no right to judge the Southern people who were living in 1860. It is impossible to understand them as it would have been impossible for them to imagine our lives in 2020 (the Internet, cellphones, people of color as President, etc.). We should really stop judging them. That was then; this is now.
theatermove.gif

Maybe y'all can't change history but you bury it if you try hard enough. The democrat governor of Va., a former VMI graduate, has decided that the policies of VMI, formerly known as the West Point of the South, will be revised. No longer will the Institute claim pride for the Civil War battle of New Market and remember the Cadets who were killed in action fighting for the confederacy. In truth VMI is just another liberal arts college in uniform anyway. There is no requirement that graduates serve in the Military. The teachers are commissioned in some State Guard so they can wear the uniform of the U.S. Military but they are mostly left wing liberal arts teachers. When you take away the tradition all you have left is empty uniforms.

Revisionist nonsense.

Forum List

Back