Zone1 YHWH(Jehovah)

You may want to delete your first reference That was my post...#180. :)
I would if I could but too much time has passed. It's not linked to your post though. If you click on it it will take you to his post which is what I linked to. I don't know why it shows your post in the box. Sorry.

You are quibbling and moving the goal posts. If you believe God exists then what God created is evidence of his existence.

How many different stories are you going to tell?

Schizophrenic.

I would if I could but too much time has passed. It's not linked to your post though. If you click on it it will take you to his post which is what I linked to. I don't know why it shows your post in the box. Sorry.
Not a big deal, at least not to me. I just didn't want him to get on you about it.

You're probably the only true Christian on this forum.
lol!!! I'll take that as a powerful compliment, but the irony is that there are a lot of folks that would insist that I am not a Christian at all. Then again, the moniker 'true Christian" has a nice ring to it.

While I have clear and strong values for various policies, my goal is to step back from partisan politics and religious orthodoxies. My experience is we got a lot of common ground if we focus on what is and not what we prefer.

What you read was me playing games with you. I play games with the fake disciples of Jesus Christ.
Until this thread I thought you might be an atheist. Then I thought you might be a person of faith who had issues with literal and fundamentalist beliefs. Next was that you remain a follower of Jesus. I still don't know who you are, while all along you have been quite certain of who I am...descriptions that have made me chuckle. You are building up, in your own mind, quite a different character than who I am. That tells me you have no wish to have a discussion with me, but with an imaginary opponent?

Now it seems you are not a disciple of Jesus, as Jesus never sent anyone off to play games. He was passionate about truth, about discerning the will of God and following it. He was direct and honest. He knew scripture and could articulate points with which he disagreed and why. For example, when it came to diet, he said what what enters the body is not what makes a person unclean; rather it is what comes from the heart and out through the mouth is what makes one unclean.

I know I have asked you at least three times to point to a specific passage and the error(s) in that passage. You have yet to respond to that request. Telling people there are errors and then refusing to point to any error gives a mixed message.

My rule of thumb in online discussions: Let each participant lay out what they believe, and don't try to tell any participant what the "really" believe or who you think they "must be". I think I'll add another thumb rule...Don't play games. We are all better than that. Aren't you.

That doesn’t make sense. Gd is not divisible.

So was Jesus Gd, or the son of Gd? Everyone I know seems to believe his was the son.
Of course it doesn't make sense. God parted the Red Sea. God made a donkey talk. God made the universe with his Word and the Word became flesh. None of it makes sense. God isn't human. God is a Spirit. Jesus is the Son of God AND God. A human has a son. Is the Son also human?

Of course it doesn't make sense. God parted the Red Sea. God made a donkey talk. God made the universe with his Word and the Word became flesh. None of it makes sense. God isn't human. God is a Spirit. Jesus is the Son of God AND God. A human has a son. Is the Son also human?
You're absolutely right, it simply does not make any sense. So making sense out of what we got may not be a good idea, and a better track may be to step back and let's get a handle on what we're looking at.

Something that would make sense would be to say that a shape can be either round or it can be flat. One or the other. At the same time I can hold up a coin and one guy in front of me can say it's round and another off to the side can say it's flat. It's not making sense. I can hold up a dollar bill and say "that's George Washington" and someone else can say "no you're wrong because he died 200 years ago.

It's our job to decide if we want to understand what is or do we just want to quarrel. Jesus was God in terms of bringing us a Divine Revelation. Jesus was not God because he died some 2,000 years ago. I can work w/ that.

You're absolutely right, it simply does not make any sense. So making sense out of what we got may not be a good idea, and a better track may be to step back and let's get a handle on what we're looking at.

Something that would make sense would be to say that a shape can be either round or it can be flat. One or the other. At the same time I can hold up a coin and one guy in front of me can say it's round and another off to the side can say it's flat. It's not making sense. I can hold up a dollar bill and say "that's George Washington" and someone else can say "no you're wrong because he died 200 years ago.

It's our job to decide if we want to understand what is or do we just want to quarrel. Jesus was God in terms of bringing us a Divine Revelation. Jesus was not God because he died some 2,000 years ago. I can work w/ that.
Yes, Jesus died, but he came back to life.

You're assuming what exists was created by a personal deity, when that isn't necessarily the case. The only way you will ever be able to prove the existence of God is by being a true disciple of Jesus, something you're not. You're an imposter.
I couldn't care less what a troll believes.

That doesn’t make sense. Gd is not divisible.

So was Jesus Gd, or the son of Gd? Everyone I know seems to believe his was the son.
Christian belief is that Jesus had two natures. He was human. He is also divine. In his human nature, 'son of God' defines who he was in his human nature.

What is easier to comprehend is Jesus is the Word of God. God also has Spirit. God creates. These are part of one being: Spirit, Word, Creator. In Genesis we first see the Spirit of God hovering over the abyss. Next, He speaks Words. Creation begins. Creation through one God (Spirit, Word, Creator).

Forum List

Back