Yellowstone supervolcano 'even more colossal'

This is more of a real threat than the AGW voodoo that so many believe in.

Spoken like a true Flat Earther. Referring to a worldwide scientific consensus on the reality and dangers of AGW as "voodoo" just further demonstrates how extremely demented you are, Klod.
Not really. There is no such worldwide consensus which is why the AGW alarmists are the real flat earthers.

The very real consensus is very well documented but, of course, you anti-science, AGW reality deniers will continue to deny the reality of that scientific consensus on AGW as well, just like the Flat Earthers deny the existence of satellites and moon landings.

Scientific opinion on climate change

Global Warming caused the Yellowstone Caldera
Or perhaps the other way around.
Is Yellowstone causing Global Climate Warming Change?
Yes. or the other way around

The real question for you two morons would be:

Does getting your head stuck inside the rightwingnut media echo chamber cause extreme retardation and a pathological denial of reality?

....or....

Does extreme retardation and a pathological denial of reality cause you to get your head stuck inside the rightwingnut media echo chamber?

Either way, you're screwed.

Does getting your head stuck inside the rightwingnut media echo chamber cause extreme retardation and a pathological denial of reality?

....or....

Does extreme retardation and a pathological denial of reality cause you to get your head stuck inside the rightwingnut media echo chamber?

Snow closes roads in Israel, is a source of wonder in Egypt - latimes.com

So that's our deal, Don'tKnowShit?

You'll keep on idiotically pointing to places that are really cold this winter and I'll keep pointing out that there are other places that are really hot right now too, and the fact that, globally, 2013 is set to be the seventh hottest year on record, and discussing the fact that you are so extremely retarded and ignorant, you can't understand that there is a difference between local weather events and global climate trends.

OK. Works for me. Keep on displaying your retarded ignorance for all to see and I'll keep reminding everyone what an ignorant retard you are.

This is more of a real threat than the AGW voodoo that so many believe in.

Spoken like a true Flat Earther. Referring to a worldwide scientific consensus on the reality and dangers of AGW as "voodoo" just further demonstrates how extremely demented you are, Klod.

Not really.

There is no such worldwide consensus which is why the AGW alarmists are the real flat earthers.

Now you made that statement, would you care to back it up? After all, all you have to do is find one Scientific Society, one National Academy of Science, one major University whose policy statement says that AGW is not real, and not a clear and present danger. Good luck.

....or....

And Australia has had record high temperatures this year.

I have already posted Jennifer Francis's lecture on the affect of the decreasing Arctic Ice and how that creates weather extremes in both directions. If you are really interested in the subject, you would pay attention to Phd Meteorologists, rather than people flapping yap in total ignorance of the factors at play in the weather that we are presently seeing.

....or....

You'll keep on idiotically pointing to places that are really cold this winter and I'll keep pointing out that there are other places that are really hot right now too, and the fact that, globally, 2013 is set to be the seventh hottest year on record, and discussing the fact that you are so extremely retarded and ignorant, you can't understand that there is a difference between local weather events and global climate trends.

OK. Works for me. Keep on displaying your retarded ignorance for all to see and I'll keep reminding everyone what an ignorant retard you are.

Iarna care vine va fi cea mai rece din ultimii 100 de ani (exper?i ru?i)

OK then.

Local weather events don't equal global climate.

The forum poster known as Don'tKnowShit is almost unbelievably retarded, even in other languages that he may not even know how to read and certainly isn't smart enough to get translated before posting.

There! Happy now, Don'tKnowShit? Or do you want to keep on making yourself look like a complete idiot over and over again indefinitely?

OK then.

The forum poster known as Don'tKnowShit is almost unbelievably retarded, even in other languages that he may not even know how to read and certainly isn't smart enough to get translated before posting.

There! Happy now, Don'tKnowShit? Or do you want to keep on making yourself look like a complete idiot over and over again indefinitely?

Current Solar Activity Cycle Is Weakest in a Century | Space.com

OK then.

reason to believe that this is part of the equation = why we're not warming.:eusa_shhh:

OK then.

reason to believe that this is part of the equation = why we're not warming.:eusa_shhh:
The anthropogenic schemers are really upset. :lol: :lol:

Ya can't blame the sun's chill on the human race with its 28/10,000 impact on CO2 levels. :)

Last edited:

The anthropogenic schemers are really upset. :lol: :lol:

Ya can't blame the sun's chill on the human race with its 28/10,000 impact on CO2 levels. :)

Less output of solar radiation into the climate system from a less active sun can explain the stall.

Lets imagine something for a second...

Sun 85% of what keeps us warm(We'd be close to absolute zero otherwise)
Green house = 15% of what keeps us a lot warmer ;)

However, since the Earth reflects about 30%[5][6] of the incoming sunlight, this idealized planet's effective temperature (the temperature of a blackbody that would emit the same amount of radiation) would be about −18 °C.[7][8] The surface temperature of this hypothetical planet is 33 °C below Earth's actual surface temperature of approximately 14 °C.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

Water vapor let's say is around 50% of that 15%. On the other hand it is very lived within the atmosphere and is driven by temperature. Co2 has it becomes a higher percentage warms the atmosphere evaporating more water vapor into the Atmosphere.

So lets say
Sun 85%
Green house forcing
10% water vapor(days to a week at most) = becomes even more of a forcing as the temperature moves up.
co2, methane, etc 5% as they stay in the atmosphere for decades.

Now lets Take that 85% and make it 82%.

So at one moment you can take the forcing on the climate system and go from
85%+the increasing variable of green house gases and you can decrease the most important piece of the climate system...Not only do you decrease energy going in but you also decrease the amount of energy reflected back towards the surface from the green house gas(slightly).

So yes it helps explain it.

85% + 15% = 100% of current energy into climate system
now is 82% + 15.5% = 97.5% of current energy

Of course this isn't exactly the numbers of the real life system but just to show on this would work.

Last edited:

....or....

I have already posted Jennifer Francis's lecture on the affect of the decreasing Arctic Ice and how that creates weather extremes in both directions. If you are really interested in the subject, you would pay attention to Phd Meteorologists, rather than people flapping yap in total ignorance of the factors at play in the weather that we are presently seeing.

I wouldn`t worry too much about that.
We can have all the ice we want, cool off Australia or the entire globe any time we want to.
ACPD - Abstract - Climate and chemistry effects of a regional scale nuclear conflict

Climate and chemistry effects of a regional scale nuclear conflict
1Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
2Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry, Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen, Switzerland
3Physical Meteorological Observatory (PMOD/WRC), Davos, Switzerland
4Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research and Institute of Geography, University of Bern, Switzerland

This study uses the coupled chemistry climate model (CCM) SOCOL, which belongs to a different family of CCMs than previously used, to investigate the consequences of such a hypothetical nuclear conflict. In accordance with previous studies, the present work assumes a scenario of a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan, each applying 50 warheads with an individual blasting power of 15 kt ("Hiroshima size") against the major population centers,
The math is simple, 2 X 50 warheads @ 15Kt each cool off the entire planet by several degrees.
Australia is only 0.015 X the surface of the planet and would require only a 30 Kiloton nuke to "ice" it
How could would you like Australia to be?

Hard to believe that it did just now,
but then again I haven`t bothered to convert any of these eruption into a Kt nuke equivalent

2013 marks record year for the number of volcanoes erupting across the planet
December 5, 2013 – GEOLOGY – This year will go down on record, as seeing the most volcanic eruptions recorded in modern history. The previous number was set in 2010, at 82 volcanic eruptions for the year. The number of volcanoes erupting across the planet has been steadily rising from a meager number of just 55 recorded in 1990. While most scientists may readily dismiss any significance to the latest figures
The average number of volcanic eruptions per year should be about 50 to 60; as of December 5, 2013, we already at 83.

Last edited:

We can have all the ice we want, cool off Australia or the entire globe any time we want to.
ACPD - Abstract - Climate and chemistry effects of a regional scale nuclear conflict

Climate and chemistry effects of a regional scale nuclear conflict
1Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
2Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry, Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen, Switzerland
3Physical Meteorological Observatory (PMOD/WRC), Davos, Switzerland
4Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research and Institute of Geography, University of Bern, Switzerland

This study uses the coupled chemistry climate model (CCM) SOCOL, which belongs to a different family of CCMs than previously used, to investigate the consequences of such a hypothetical nuclear conflict. In accordance with previous studies, the present work assumes a scenario of a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan, each applying 50 warheads with an individual blasting power of 15 kt ("Hiroshima size") against the major population centers,
The math is simple, 2 X 50 warheads @ 15Kt each cool off the entire planet by several degrees.
Australia is only 0.015 X the surface of the planet and would require only an 11 Kiloton nuke to cool it off.

It's hard to tell sometimes, PeanutBrain, whether you're insanely stupid or stupidly insane. The results (i.e., the crazy retarded drivel you spew) seem to be about the same either way in your case.

Normally I log in first and the mental basket cases like you which are on my ignore list don`t show up.
I even go so far and edit them out of multiple quotes but didn`t catch it this time.

Sure enough, the biggest psycho was right in that pile throwing his fits again, but not with his usual over sized font rants..that`s why it went by me.
This message is hidden because RollingThunder is on your ignore list.
So Nurse Ratchet lets you access the internet again?
I guess it must be part of the newer & better anger management therapy
One-Flew-Over-The-Cuckoo-s-Nest-Nurse-Ratched-s-Cap-5.jpg

If it bothers you so much what I post why don`t you just put me on your ignore list instead of going postal.
Good thing "the right to bear arms" is pending a background check and all you can do is scream your head off in a ward or on the internet.
Either way nobody has to pay any attention to you.
But I do hope you get well again, now that you got Obama care covering mental health as well.

Last edited:
Normally I log in first and the mental basket cases like you which are on my ignore list don`t show up.
I even go so far and edit them out of multiple quotes but didn`t catch it this time.

Sure enough, the biggest psycho was right in that pile throwing his fits again, but not with his usual over sized font rants..that`s why it went by me.
This message is hidden because RollingThunder is on your ignore list.
So Nurse Ratchet lets you access the internet again?
I guess it must be part of the newer & better anger management therapy

If it bothers you so much what I post why don`t you just put me on your ignore list instead of going postal.
Good thing "the right to bear arms" is pending a background check and all you can do is scream your head off in a ward or on the internet.
Either way nobody has to pay any attention to you.
But I do hope you get well again, now that you got Obama care covering mental health as well.

I'm not really surprised that you ignore anyone who so successfully and so regularly debunks your insane drivel, PeanutBrain. Your denier cult myths are so fragile, you've just got to protect yourself from those kind of shocks or your whole edifice of reality denial might collapse, along with your mind.

OK then.

Yes, that is correct. TSI down, a sustained La Nina in effect, yet we come in at the 7th warmest year on record for 2013. That number should be down around 70th if natural factors were domininent.

Australia is only 0.015 X the surface of the planet and would require only a 30 Kiloton nuke to "ice" it

Hard to believe that it did just now,
but then again I haven`t bothered to convert any of these eruption into a Kt nuke equivalent

2013 marks record year for the number of volcanoes erupting across the planet
December 5, 2013 – GEOLOGY – This year will go down on record, as seeing the most volcanic eruptions recorded in modern history. The previous number was set in 2010, at 82 volcanic eruptions for the year. The number of volcanoes erupting across the planet has been steadily rising from a meager number of just 55 recorded in 1990. While most scientists may readily dismiss any significance to the latest figures
The average number of volcanic eruptions per year should be about 50 to 60; as of December 5, 2013, we already at 83.

While have a large number of volcanos erupting is interesting, the climatic effect of that is only significant if the eruption or eruptions are intense enough, and contain enough sulphates, to put a major amount into the stratosphere. Such as Pinotubo did. Haven't seen anything from the geological community about that happening, and there was intense interest in that community when Pinotubo erupted.

Also, volcanos, when large enough, cool the earth, however, it looks like 2013 will go down as the 7th warmest year on record. So either the volcanos are insignificant in there climatic effects, or the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere has overwhelmed the affects. I think the former is the case for this set of volcanos.

Forum List

Back