yall need to get ready....for the deep freeze

Hopefully you don't have one of these next door...

neighbor-nosey.gif

I do have a passive-aggressive PITA next door, but even he couldn't make me pick up the fallen fruit from my trees when the critters were dining on it in September.

You know what else goes with those quiet, snowy early mornings when you're looking out the window, just right before the sun peeks over the horizon?

The smell of bacon frying.

Last edited:

Lucky you! :)

For a warm weather resident 9f is serious business that most of us are ill prepared for

I think I’m ready but you never know

Burst water pipes are no fun

But if the weather reports are accurate there will no ice or snow on the roads which will be a godsend

Because around here even a little ice on the roads bring traffic to a standstill

I plan on being in the Siouxland area (just northeast of Sioux City) this week. I hope I don't get stranded or my flight gets canceled.

Good luck. I live about 75 miles due north of Sioux City, and we are expecting 6 inches of snow on Wednesday.

Stay safe!

It's 28 here in Maine and going to hit 34f today, which is fairly mild. I heard that arctic weather is gonna hit us later this week.

A couple of tea candles in the glove compartment in the car for emergency is always good.....we keep a bag of them in the trunk, for the just in case...situation! They say just one of those candles burning inside the car, can keep you from freezing to death

Water pipes shouldn't freeze in a day...it would take a couple of days around zero, without any house heat, to freeze up here... Unless your house is not insulated.

We did have problems with the upstairs bathroom sink on an outer wall once....maybe the third day of below zero temps, day and night.... The water stopped coming out....we panicked at first....but then thought to put a 60 watt lightbulb/and lamp next to the wall/under the pedestal sink and it began to have water flow about two hours later and kept the pipe unfrozen....

To quote a member of your own cult , Augustine_, if I'm not mistaken......................

"Pussies".

In my town, the overnight low for Thursday is forecast to be -19°. Wind chill -44°.

But most of your advice is valid. I carry an electric blanket and a charged power station in my car that will allow me to use the blanket for eight hours or more.

Solar recharging for the Cozee portable electric blanket doesn't require the grid. That's why it's going to be used in an electric enclosed tricycle.

its coming....20 degrees for a few days ...way into the far south and texas...get ready...bring your pets in and shore up your place...get that shrinkable plastic and cover your windows...get the family in one room....blankets and warm clothes are the key...be careful of running the water to keep it from freezing...if it freezes under the sink...it will flood your kitchen...check your pipes...dont shovel snow...let it be..it will melt..dont drive if you dont have too and if you drive make sure you got stuff in car in case you get stalled..i put a blanket with nabs and water in car...also those chemical hand warmers...be aware of carbon poisoning in house and in car...dont do stupid stuff like trying the stove on high and leaving it for heat...at night..socks and hats..wear them...dont drink in excess....dont linger in wet clothes ...if you have wool now is the time to break it out

snuggle and cuddle...
Have you people never heard of central heating?

Forum List

Back