WTF Is Going On With The Russian Military?

The liberal posters here think it is the government's job to CONFISCATE guns, not pass them out.

These are confusing times to be a liberal
Our friend's uncle also lives here. He asked me if he could borrow a few hundred bucks for a plane ticket back home. I usually keep around a thousand bucks in my wallet. I gave him $1100.

I don't expect to get it back. He's probably going to get killed by the Russians. :(

Last edited:
Our friend's uncle also lives here. He asked me if he could borrow a few hundred bucks for a plane ticket back home. I usually keep around a thousand bucks in my wallet. I gave him $1100.

I don't expect to get it back. He's probably going to get killed by the Russians. :(
Putin may want to keep Russia, Russian.
Its too late for America and probably Russia too. We have been destroyed from inside.
I remember when we had factories, all over, produced our own medicine, autos, homes and had a good military. Now we depend on China for our survival.

The US

When the US military killed over a hundred thousand innocent civilians, including children in Iraq and Afghanistan, they called it collateral damage and said that it couldn't be avoided during a time of war..
I don't remember you getting all worked up over those deaths? ... :cool-45:
Afghanistan sustained and prospered Osama bin Laden's stellar role in 9/11 murders of almost three thousand American citizens in the Twin towers and the United States of America's Pentagon. Because of their earlier wrong against my country, they used their influence with their neighbor in Pakistan to give Osama bin Laden anonymity in a secret safehouse for years following 9/11/2001. These two countries celebrated 9/11 murders with dancing in their streets. I'm from a military family that has fought in every war since the first Indian War resulted in 600 colonial deaths over an incident of executing 3 native Americans because of stealing.

The reason you don't remember me getting all worked up over those deaths is because I wasn't posting here at the time and didn't have the privilege of hearing your side of the story. . I arrived at USMB in 2011 after escaping an extremist right site that banned me for opposing the Ku Klux Klan. They hated middle of the road Republicans. I recall never having been on as tolerant a board as USMB, which allows people from all walks to speak their mind, preferably in a civil way. I'm sorry that I never heard the story of your above posting, and I could't find it anywhere online a half hour ago. Maybe tomorrow I'll look into it deeper. The periodicals tend to discard stories they didn't like over 10 years ago. Sometimes a thumbs down is not meant to start a war, I use it when I do not understand unfamiliar information. I apologize if I offended you over information that I never read and therefore did not understand your POV. Actually, you are one of my favorite persons to read and I usually do understand and respect your unique viewpoint on world affairs.

The Russians might be a big or well-equipped army but they are also a conscripted army attempting to wage war on a people most soldiers see as brothers. That seems to be presenting a problem. I wonder just how much of a problem it will be if they attempt street fighting on a large scale.
All such problem's and wonderment leads to the possibility of nuclear war if not careful, because Putin isn't one to back down. He's been involved in 5 wars in which so far he's batting a hundred on starting with the Chechen war. We have no one that Putin respects at the moment in our government, and that is another huge problem in all of this... Yep character matter's, and when it's lacking we all suffer.

All such problem's and wonderment leads to the possibility of nuclear war if not careful, because Putin isn't one to back down. He's been involved in 5 wars in which so far he's batting a hundred on starting with the Chechen war. We have no one that Putin respects at the moment in our government, and that is another huge problem in all of this... Yep character matter's, and when it's lacking we all suffer.

I agree that he's a loose cannon and that's dangerous. I really hope one of his own realizes this and....takes care of the situation. This is not a small possibility.

That's an article from the US Dept. of Defense.
Hardly an even handed objective take on the Ukraine war situation.
I'm well acquainted with the military, having been a military brat for most of my early years on the planet. And the military frequently has objectives extraordinaire. *sigh* They are in this country under the jurisdiction of whoever claims the Electoral College that decides who the new trail boss is gonna be. :rolleyes-41:

A very dangerous scenario lurks in this situation, where as Ukraine is turning out to be the punching bag between NATO and Russia, otherwise it is the buffer that allows the two war machines to now marvel at one another, and to size up the tactics used, the strategies used, and the fortitude to endure in the long game of war.

Not sure exactly why Putin has decided to go into Ukraine, but he's committed to win his war, and as NATO alliance's work now to undermine his effort's by way of a multi-pronged pro-longed strategy to bring peace back, it will either enrage this warring Russian president to take it to a larger scale operation or maybe not... That is the million dollar question that no one seems to have the answer to right now, otherwise will the perceived loss of the war conducted by Putin, next include retaliation against NATO nation's involving themselves in ways that would have undermined his goals that he had set forth to achieve in bringing Ukraine back into his sphere of influence, and removing it instead from the sphere of western influence ??

This is getting out of hand quickly.

Nation's that are nuclear and strong need to summons the Russians to the table for talks, and then demands should be made that would bring about an immediate cease fire, and next a more diplomatic solution to the situation.

Calls for a cease fire by the UN should be made immediately concerning the on going seige of Ukraine by Russian forces.

The neutral blue helmet's should enter the Ukraine immediately as a humanitarian and safety monitoring force. Their presence should be immediately made known to Russia that they are entering the country of Ukraine, and that they are only there as monitors for humanitarian reasons, and war time documentation in order to keep attrocities and war crimes documented and hopefully prevented on either side of the fight.
Certainly an immediate ceasefire would be best but it won't happen. Putin sent a chief negotiator that claims the Ukraine doesn't exist. Putin clearly does not want a ceasefire:

You fail to add important caveats when critiquing Russification, for example, the work Russian scholars did for the Armenian language. Compare this history with Ergodan's current chickenshitism on the Bosporus. In the Czech Republic, other effeminates have been working overtime (CIA, MI6, etc.) to keep Russian culture off the internet. This can justifiably be considered a form of genocide, gayer than gay.

WTF are you talking about - there was no internet in the 1950s when people in Russian occupied countries were forced to learn the Russian language.

Putin and anybody with eyes. ... :cool-45:

Ukraine existed before Russia's occupation of the their lands. Ukrainian language and culture is different than Russia's. Ukrainians are not Russian and refuse Russian domination.

Should Chechnya be a separate country or is it also Russian?

No, they were baiting Putin into a quagmire.
Hardly. As things unfold it appears Putin intended a siege all along. Making the talking heads in the West look foolish. The liberal media wanted a bloody street to street type battle, but a seige, no chance. Sieges can't hold people's attention long. By this time next week Ukraine will be getting less and less coverage until it's almost forgotten.

That's an article from the US Dept. of Defense.
Hardly an even handed objective take on the Ukraine war situation.

First thing is nobody knows the history of the whole situation. So how can they debate a subject they really know little about?
I'm going to go play some music and let the world go to hell! Nothing I can do.
Millions of American soldiers and world citizens have been killed over past few decades without my permission.:disbelief:o_O

Forum List

Back