WTF Is Going On With The Russian Military?

Sure. Sure. And, According to Saddam Hussein, he won every election by at least 100%. Must be true. Baghdad Bob said so.
We'll see. Mistakes here are pretty dangerous. I wouldn't make a bet on military coup or something. What is even more important - after death of Saddam Hussein we got pro-Iranian Iraq and ISIS. Nobody knows who will come after Putin, but no one of potential pretendents is a big friend of America. I'm not sure that we really need nuclear and pro-Chinese ISIS in Eurasia.

Just wondering; how long can an army just "stand in the field" in a Russian winter????

Greg
If it is Russian (or Ukrainian) Army - however long. Anyway, it's already spring there. Expected temperature in Kharkiv is from 0 to - 8 C (18F). Quite warm. What is even more important with frozen soil Russian tanks will become much more mobile.

Both Russians and Americans don't care about Arabs. But according Russian political statements - the Ukrainians (at least in eastern and southern regions of Ukraine) are the same nation as the Russians. That's why Russian army try to avoid collateral damage and it cause additional losses in the military part of the operation, but, may be, will decrease losses in peaceful reintegration of those regions back in Russia.
That's why Russia suggests "humanitarian corridors" from blockaded cities into Russia and Ukrainian officials (and uncontrollable Freikorps) prefer to keep them as hostages and live shield.
IMG_20220307_112945_638.jpg

IMG_20220307_124310_379.jpg

IMG_20220304_120106_566.jpg

He is pretty rational from the Russian point of view. They believe that they "can repeat" - win another defensive war against "evil Western barbarians" and protect Russian people from discrimination, suppression or even full elimination. And they (many of them) ready to pay any price for victory.

Doesn't say much for the education or rationality of their populace. Luckily the place is owned and operated by the oligarchs.

We'll see. Mistakes here are pretty dangerous. I wouldn't make a bet on military coup or something. What is even more important - after death of Saddam Hussein we got pro-Iranian Iraq and ISIS. Nobody knows who will come after Putin, but no one of potential pretendents is a big friend of America. I'm not sure that we really need nuclear and pro-Chinese ISIS in Eurasia.
Again, it is not always true to say, “better the devil we know.” Sometimes, getting rid of the known menace is worth the “risk” of what comes next because what we already have is a known dire threat.

Again, it is not always true to say, “better the devil we know.” Sometimes, getting rid of the known menace is worth the “risk” of what comes next because what we already have is a known dire threat.
Sometimes, but, IMO - not now. Talking about calculating of risks and Russian picture of the world, support of the idea "we should found diplomatic solution" is roughly near 3%. The Russian society is consolidated, and the next leader will even more anti-West than Putin.

Sometimes, but, IMO - not now. Talking about calculating of risks and Russian picture of the world, support of the idea "we should found diplomatic solution" is roughly near 3%. The Russian society is consolidated, and the next leader will even more anti-West than Putin.
Why not now? And where do you obtain credible data about the thinking of the Russian people. You offer numbers and figures but not your sources. And whatever your “sources” may be, what makes you assume they are credible?

Again, if there were some Russian military big shots who had the necessary courage to act against that rat fuck, Putin, I believe it is reasonable to assume that they wouldn’t bother getting rid of him only to continue his military aggression. Otherwise, they could just let him roam free. The hard part is getting good Russian generals to eliminate Putin.

• Love
Reactions: xyz
Why not now? And where do you obtain credible data about the thinking of the Russian people. You offer numbers and figures but not your sources. And whatever your “sources” may be, what makes you assume they are credible?

Again, if there were some Russian military big shots who had the necessary courage to act against that rat fuck, Putin, I believe it is reasonable to assume that they wouldn’t bother getting rid of him only to continue his military aggression. Otherwise, they could just let him roam free. The hard part is getting good Russian generals to eliminate Putin.
You see, they want to continue this "aggression" (from their point of view - "defending peaceful citizens of DPR and LPR", and also "preventing possibility of WW3").
How many American generals tried to kill American presidents just to stop another local conflict?
If you need a high-level general who is more or less sceptical about this operation - no problem. The Prosecutor General of Russia, General-lieutenant of Justice Igor Krasnov. But, of course, he has neither wish nor possibility to kill Putin or anybody else.
At least because it will change nothing.

You see, they want to continue this "aggression" (from their point of view - "defending peaceful citizens of DPR and LPR", and also "preventing possibility of WW3").
How many American generals tried to kill American presidents just to stop another local conflict?
If you need a high-level general who is more or less sceptical about this operation - no problem. The Prosecutor General of Russia, General-lieutenant of Justice Igor Krasnov. But, of course, he has neither wish nor possibility to kill Putin or anybody else.
At least because it will change nothing.
Again. I don’t think most Russians buy that bullshit propaganda: and my hunch is that an even lower percentage of folks in the Russian military fail to see it for the crap it is.

Nobody’s banking on the assassination. Just my wishful thinking. There were some plots against Hitler. Alas, they’d failed.

• Thanks
Related topic:

This release from Joint Base Andres is a bit disturbing. If someone was hoping to attack our Vice President, then obviously the notion of taking out Putin isn’t all that novel. I don’t like our Vice President, of course; but we can’t tolerate any of our own people seeking to use bullets over ballots. And if it’s some foreign national contemplating her assassination, then we need to be very prepared to take those motherfuckers out. With extreme prejudice.

Related topic:

This release from Joint Base Andres is a bit disturbing. If someone was hoping to attack our Vice President, then obviously the notion of taking out Putin isn’t all that novel. I don’t like our Vice President, of course; but we can’t tolerate any of our own people seeking to use bullets over ballots. And if it’s some foreign national contemplating her assassination, then we need to be very prepared to take those motherfuckers out. With extreme prejudice.

Not a chance, they wouldn't care about a black female. They're clearly 'murican, sexist and racist and all.

Not following that at all.
She's not that experienced and could be replaced with someone that would give bigger headaches to America's enemies. The risks are too high for a foreign power and the gains too small.

White Nationalists would love to see her dead.

She's not that experienced and could be replaced with someone that would give bigger headaches to America's enemies. The risks are too high for a foreign power and the gains too small.

White Nationalists would love to see her dead.
You give waaay too much credence to the foresight of some people. Or, ironically, perhaps too little.

• Thanks
You give waaay too much credence to the foresight of some people. Or, ironically, perhaps too little.
Actually, you are 100% correct and the situation can be even more serious.

I wasn't aware of the short term strategic importance. She is going to Poland and Romania. If they had succeeded, it would have caused chaos for a week or two and delayed some plans. Which could possibly mean that Russia is planning to attack NATO.

It doesn't really matter if they're foreigners or Americans working for a foreign power.

Forum List

Back