What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF Is Going On With The Russian Military?

mak2

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of this news is BS, but one of the convoys moved 3 miles yesterday. That is measurable, I can think of no reason for a long stop to regroup unless you have been completely discombobulated. That convoy is just a target.

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know how credible this is, but there are reports that Russian convoys are stalled because they are out of fuel. The supposed reason is that Russian soldiers are dumping the fuel from their tanks and fighting vehicles to avoid entering the battle.

Is this credible or just propaganda?

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't know how credible this is, but there are reports that Russian convoys are stalled because they are out of fuel. The supposed reason is that Russian soldiers are dumping the fuel from their tanks and fighting vehicles to avoid entering the battle.

Propaganda. ... :cool-45:

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of this news is BS, but one of the convoys moved 3 miles yesterday. That is measurable, I can think of no reason for a long stop to regroup unless you have been completely discombobulated. That convoy is just a target.
It takes a lot of planning and coordination to move large convoys of tanks, fighting vehicles and all their support requirements. It's not something you can pull off in an ad hoc manner

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Reaction score

mak2

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I heard that on Fox too. I dont think I believe it.

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Then why did you ask the question for peoples opinion? .... :cuckoo:
What makes you so sure it's propaganda? The morale problems in the Russian Army are well documented.

I saw something similar happen with one NCO during Desert Storm. He shut off the fuel flow to his APC knowing it would stop the fuel flow to his engine. He was unsuccessful because one of his team leaders caught him doing it and took care of it.

Last edited:

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A traffic jam?.....or
Is it possible a Russian commander or two is purposely F'in up the assault??

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score

The Ukraine Guerrillas are likely shooting holes in the fuel tanks. That was Afghanistan's most effective strategy halting & destroying US supply lines. The tankers streaming fuel as the entire convoy drives through it, then incoming rocket sets the entire convoy ablaze.

Last edited:

tahuyaman

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Ukraine gorillas are likely shooting holes in the fuel tanks. That was Afghanistan's most effective strategy halting & destroying US supply lines. The tankers streaming fuel as the entire convoy drives through it, then incoming rocket sets the entire convoy ablaze.
I didn’t know there were gorillas in Ukraine.

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nothing coming from the daily kos is true.

Leo123

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We should funnel Stingers and Javelins into Kyiv. The Russians seem to be attempting a siege. Surrounding the city and limiting ingress and egress. If Ukranians had adequate firepower they might stand a chance.

Also the 40 mile long Russian convoy seems like a bunch of sitting ducks. With adequate firepower the Ukrainians could attack the convoy. And cut off re-supplies.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$225.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List