Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You left out the choice of Majority Hispanic School of which I went to as a White person.
It was not a problem at all that the majority of my High School was Hispanic with the Minority's being White and Black.

Hispanics are white

Funny, in FBI crime statistics say they are counted as white for the purpose of being a perpetrator of a crime and are considered Hispanic for the purpose of being a victim of a crime. Thus a white Hispanic who attacks a white Hispanic is considered an interracial crime.

depends on the school district or the school.

depends on the school district or the school.

Well if good records are your standard then the likelihood that you chose a majority white is much higher, unless, you chose the best school out of a black dominated locality which is usually like picking the sweetest smelling turd in the toilet bowl. In the end you still have a bunch of crap. There are exceptions to this, but not many of them. In any case, if you knew nothing else but the demographics of two schools I am willing to bet that you'll choose the majority white over the majority black school every time.

That's not an answer to the question posted above. Although I expect many more just as you have posted.

When an OP is crafted with a biased agenda, then the OP will be opened Every time.

Everyone has biases. The only question is whether the bias is justified. There is nothing in the OP other than the question. Everyone is free to choose and explain why they chose the answer they picked. Everyone is free to answer the question honestly. Those who do not choose or explain their answer are obviously to uncomfortable to answer the question honestly. There is no problem in being uncomfortable. It is in fact a disturbing and controversial question. However, can you explain to me a way of which I could have made the op less biased? Or are you caught up with simply the intent you assume of the person that posted it? If that is the case then why does intent matter and why is your assumption of my intent valid?

That is why we are exploring your bias.

Got data?

No, there is no data for questions that pollsters will be charged with racism for asking. There is, however, a historic white flight epidemic and a black population protesting for forced bussing so as to get their children into the majority white schools. What more do I need?

You have an opinion without data, and pretending it is objective not biased.

Got data?

No, there is no data for questions that pollsters will be charged with racism for asking. There is, however, a historic white flight epidemic and a black population protesting for forced bussing so as to get their children into the majority white schools. What more do I need?

You have an opinion without data, and pretending it is objective not biased.

No, in absence of data you look for the trends. White people have undoubtedly fled from rising black populations and blacks have undoubtedly demanded that their children be bussed out of their majority black districts so as to go to white majority schools. You disagree?

Last edited:
When an OP is crafted with a biased agenda, then the OP will be opened Every time.

Everyone has biases. The only question is whether the bias is justified. There is nothing in the OP other than the question. Everyone is free to choose and explain why they chose the answer they picked. Everyone is free to answer the question honestly. Those who do not choose or explain their answer are obviously to uncomfortable to answer the question honestly. There is no problem in being uncomfortable. It is in fact a disturbing and controversial question. However, can you explain to me a way of which I could have made the op less biased? Or are you caught up with simply the intent you assume of the person that posted it? If that is the case then why does intent matter and why is your assumption of my intent valid?

That is why we are exploring your bias.

OK. So an honest discussion from you is not going to happen huh? Why on earth would someone post a reply that addresses little to nothing of the subject matter he is responding to?

I have made my opinion clear in this thread for all who care to see it. I will once again ask you the following that you ignored.

Can you explain to me a way in which I could have made the op less biased? Or are you caught up with simply the intent you assume of the person that posted it? If that is the case then why does intent matter and why is your assumption of my intent valid?

Last edited:
If I met a parent who sent their child to a particular school because of the majority color of the student population, I feel pretty confident that I'd be able to recognize them for what they are. And I'd discourage my child from associating with theirs as much as possible.

You left out the choice of Majority Hispanic School of which I went to as a White person.
It was not a problem at all that the majority of my High School was Hispanic with the Minority's being White and Black.

Thank you. America is not just black and white. The fastest growing demographic in the country are Hispanics.

Hispanic isn't a race. Hispanics can be Black, White, Amerindian, or a mix of all of the three(or any other combination). Hispanic is a nonsensical designation, used to create a legally privileged minority for political purposes.

Last edited:
depends

I wouldn't send my kids to an inner city school, even if I was getting paid. Dems keep those kids dumb so they stay poor and repeat the process of welfare dependency, fatherless kids, etc....

outside the cities, it doesn't matter that much.

teach your kids to be proud of who they are, not what they are.

I would venture as to say there a few all black non-intercity schools by comparison. Likewise, black heavy districts are always run by Democrats. I went to an 98% black intercity school. I would travel to the ends of heaven and earth to avoid the same fate for my two kids. They will get the talk The Talk: Nonblack Version - Taki's Magazine

Teaching our children to be proud of who they are was not the question posed in the op.

Like I said, dems know how to breed a dependent group of people.

You NEVER question the hand that feeds you, no matter how tight the collar or short the leash

and I'm free to add to anything I post, ya ninny
I would rather send my child to a majority white school in a democrat run city and/or state than a majority black school in a republican run city and/or state.

I would rather send my child to a majority white school in a democrat run city and/or state than a majority black school in a republican run city and/or state.

Perfect example of my previous comment. You would definitely stick out like a sore thumb and I'd make sure, as best I could, that my child had nothing to do with you and yours.

If I met a parent who sent their child to a particular school because of the majority color of the student population, I feel pretty confident that I'd be able to recognize them for what they are. And I'd discourage my child from associating with theirs as much as possible.

Not majority color, lets say majority culture. You cannot reasonably object to the color of a persons skin. You can reasonably object to a particular culture. It just so happens that where you find black people you find "black culture." It also just so happens that 72% of black households are single parent households, the national black high school graduation rate is 47%, and blacks are 7 times as likely to commit a violent crime than whites. Taken all together we must ask why this is the case and so as long as this trend remains is it indeed wrong for whites to leave black neighborhoods or black schools? I contest that is not. Skin color? It isn't that simple!

Now, having recognized me for what I am, what am I? I'll answer that: A realist.

Last edited:

Not majority color, lets say majority culture. You cannot reasonably object to the color of a persons skin. You can reasonably object to a particular culture. It just so happens that where you find black people you find "black culture." It also just so happens that 72% of black households are single parent households, the national black high school graduation rate is 47%, and blacks are 7 times as likely to commit a violent crime than whites. Taken all together we must ask why this is the case and so as long as this trend remains is it indeed wrong for whites to leave black neighborhoods or black schools? I contest that is not. Skin color? It isn't that simple!

Inconsistent with the OP. You also need to define 'black culture' either better or differently. There are many poor and dominant white areas that fit your definition for 'black culture.' So I guess you need a new term for it.

Or were you just trying to rail against black people? Because I think you were.

Perfect example of my previous comment. You would definitely stick out like a sore thumb and I'd make sure, as best I could, that my child had nothing to do with you and yours.
I really don't care about the political views of the parents of the kids my kids hang out with. However, radical egalitarian dogmatists like you are the exception. You take your views to such a extreme you would adversely affect the education and day to day life of your children out of pure political principle, and along with this deny your child socialization with other children because of the political views of their parents. That is just weird. I wouldn't feel comfortable with an irrational person like you around my child.

Last edited:

I really don't care about the political views of the parents my kids hang out with. However, radical egalitarian dogmatists like you are the exception. You take your views to such a extreme you would adversely affect the education and day to day life of your children out of pure political principle, and along with this deny your child socialization with other children because of the political views of their parents. That is just weird. I wouldn't feel comfortable with an irrational person like you around my child.

Excellent! We'd repel each other. Sounds good to me

I really don't care about the political views of the parents of the kids my kids hang out with. However, radical egalitarian dogmatists like you are the exception. You take your views to such a extreme you would adversely affect the education and day to day life of your children out of pure political principle, and along with this deny your child socialization with other children because of the political views of their parents. That is just weird. I wouldn't feel comfortable with an irrational person like you around my child.

Excellent! We'd repel each other. Sounds good to me

:cool:

Inconsistent with the OP. You also need to define 'black culture' either better or differently. There are many poor and dominant white areas that fit your definition for 'black culture.' So I guess you need a new term for it.

Or were you just trying to rail against black people? Because I think you were.

There is nothing in the OP but a question. How we conclude our justifications for answering that question is up to each of us. But if you consider that simply stating the facts is "railing against black people" then I can conclude nothing other than that you're being politically correct so as to avoid answering to the facts.

Indeed, there are many poor dominantly white areas that fit into a countercultural rejection of western values as to seek an alternative identity.

There is nothing in the OP but a question. How we conclude our justifications for answering that question is up to each of us. But if you consider that simply stating the facts is "railing against black people" then I can conclude nothing other than that you're being politically correct so as to avoid answering to the facts.

Indeed, there are many poor dominantly white areas that fit into a countercultural rejection of western values as to seek an alternative identity.

Oh how wise of you. :clap2:

:doubt:

Oh how wise of you. :clap2:

:doubt:

Ok, I see this is going nowhere. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back