Zone1 Would You Make A Relative Change Your Baby's Diaper?

All the 18 year old needed to do

Instead, it was more important to go out with her friends

When I was a young kid, I was taught how to change a diaper at around age 10. Why? Because I had an Aunt that came over to visit regularly with kids that were of diaper age.

And later (they were still in diapers), I would occasionally go over to her house for the weekend (she had cable and was a FANTASTIC cook, and would make whatever I wanted for dinner, usually tacos, lasagna and manicotti). Part of me being there and getting those perks meant that I would watch over the kids when necessary, and change diapers when needed.

18 years old and being allowed to live in the house? She should have been willing to change a diaper and watch the kids when needed.

I know I did when I was younger, and it didn't bother me a bit.

When I was a young kid, I was taught how to change a diaper at around age 10. Why? Because I had an Aunt that came over to visit regularly with kids that were of diaper age.

And later (they were still in diapers), I would occasionally go over to her house for the weekend (she had cable and was a FANTASTIC cook, and would make whatever I wanted for dinner, usually tacos, lasagna and manicotti). Part of me being there and getting those perks meant that I would watch over the kids when necessary, and change diapers when needed.

18 years old and being allowed to live in the house? She should have been willing to change a diaper and watch the kids when needed.

I know I did when I was younger, and it didn't bother me a bit.
I have never held a baby in my life and don't really care if I ever do. I certainly will not change a diaper for anyone no matter who they are.

Then you voluntarily accept the consequences. Simple. If the consequences are finding somewhere else to stay, you will happily comply.
I don't need to stay with anyone I own my house have no mortgage and am financially independent.

Then none of this applies to you. The two allowed to impose on a family with a baby had no place to go. They were lucky that someone took them in, or they would have ended up at a homeless shelter.
They were invited to stay and you have no clue whether or not as guests they helped out around the house or pitched in for expenses you just assume that because the girl refused to do ONE thing that she is somehow subhuman.

They were invited to stay and you have no clue whether or not as guests they helped out around the house or pitched in for expenses you just assume that because the girl refused to do ONE thing that she is somehow subhuman.
The Reddit link said they were rarely asked to help.

Ungrateful Freeloaders
They deserved to be kicked out

Ah HA you finally recognize the girl's actual worth.

Yanno..................I'm staying with my fiancee and her parents in their rather large house and property. I (and my fiancee) pay rent. But, even though I pay rent, I also help out with whatever my future father in law and mother in law need to have done. Haul wood? I'm on it. Need something from the store? I'm willing to run 4 miles into town for whatever, and not ask for gas money. Living with people (IMHO) under the same roof means that you look out for each other and help when needed.

Shoot...............there was a time that I was renting an apartment from a dude, and volunteered to help watch over the place and mow the lawn. I lived there and wanted it to be safe, as well as look decent. Maybe that's why he made me manager of the little 4 apartment building that he had.

Who isn't qualified to change a diaper?

They don't even use pins anymore.

It's not so much that changing a diaper is very technical or difficult to do, it's getting past the idea that you're handling poop that smells bad. Some people are seriously squeamish and can't get past that.

Me? I'd worked cleaning stables and chicken coops most of my childhood (grew up on a farm), and so changing diapers was easy compared to cleaning out a chicken coop or a barn.

Some people are seriously squeamish and can't get past that.

If G-d or evolution, I suspect a large portion of each, hadn't made babies do g-dang adorable, I suspect those fragile, little things, would die from neglect early on.

But, like puppies, kittens, cheerleaders, and Baby Yoda, no carbon-based life form with a spark of soul in it could resist caring for the little tykes.

e2a.jpg

Who isn't qualified to change a diaper?

They don't even use pins anymore.

It is not Rocket Science

Take off soiled Diaper
Clean up Baby
Put on new Diaper

You can look on YouTube if you want instruction

The spoiled kid refused in an emergency

Forum List

Back