Zone1 Should A Handful Of Billionaires Own More Wealth Than The Bottom 50% Of All Americans?

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
At the urging of Republican Senators Hawley and Rubio, a new think tank is working out ways for the GOP to changetheir messaging.

They want to shift their rhetoric from support for corporations and the morbidly rich to pretending they care about working people. This new organization will, they say, “think differently about labor vs. capital than Republicans have in recent generations.”

It’s a cynical effort to capture Trump’s working class base. He’d promised he’d bring our jobs home from China, empower labor unions, raise taxes on the rich so high that “my friends won’t ever talk to me again,” and give every American full health insurance that cost less than Obamacare. Those promises helped win him the White House.

All were lies, but the GOP base bought it and gave him tens of millions of votes; now Hawley, Rubio, et al think they can bottle that populist rhetorical magic and repeat Trump’s shtick for 2024.

Which raises the existential question both economists and politicians have debated for centuries:

Why do nations create and sustain economies? Is the economy here to serve average Americans, or are working class people here to serve those who own and control the economy?
America has had two different but clear answers to that question during the past century.

From the end of the Republican Great Depression with Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal in the 1930s until 1981 (including the presidencies of Republican Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, who maintained the top 91% and 74% income tax rates), the answer was unambiguous: “The economy is here to serve average Americans.”

Income and wealth during that time rose at about the same rate for working class Americans as they did for the rich, something we’d never before seen in this country.

This was not an accident or a mistake. It was the very intentional outcome of policies put into place by FDR and then maintained by both Democratic and Republican administrations for almost 50 years during that pre-Reagan era.

And then came the Reagan Revolution, when Republicans decided that the middle class wasn’t as important as giant corporations and the very wealthy after all, and that the rest of us are here to serve the rich.

Im sure this will hurt the feminine sensibilities of certain moderators, so I expect it to be moved with not much intelligent input.

At least they are giving it some attention. The Democrats are in full blown in great replacement mode. Those illegals streaming across the border don't care about their guns, bibles and constitution and they certainly don't think that government should work for them. Imagine thinking that government should work for you.....that is "dangerous" and anti democracy.

The Democrats hate blue collar workers.

At least they are giving it some attention. The Democrats are in full blown in great replacement mode. Those illegals streaming across the border don't care about their guns, bibles and constitution and they certainly don't think that government should work for them. Imagine thinking that government should work for you.....that is "dangerous" and anti democracy.

The Democrats hate blue collar workers.
Yep. And so do Republicans. So where do working folk turn to? Billionaires have never liked working folk.

So fucking stupid.
There are as many "corporate Democrats" as there are Republicans.
How could anyone fall for the absurd lie that there is any difference between the two parties when it comes to doing the bidding of corporate America??

Ridiculous. And asininely stupid.

At the urging of Republican Senators Hawley and Rubio, a new think tank is working out ways for the GOP to changetheir messaging.

They want to shift their rhetoric from support for corporations and the morbidly rich to pretending they care about working people. This new organization will, they say, “think differently about labor vs. capital than Republicans have in recent generations.”

It’s a cynical effort to capture Trump’s working class base. He’d promised he’d bring our jobs home from China, empower labor unions, raise taxes on the rich so high that “my friends won’t ever talk to me again,” and give every American full health insurance that cost less than Obamacare. Those promises helped win him the White House.

All were lies, but the GOP base bought it and gave him tens of millions of votes; now Hawley, Rubio, et al think they can bottle that populist rhetorical magic and repeat Trump’s shtick for 2024.

Which raises the existential question both economists and politicians have debated for centuries:

America has had two different but clear answers to that question during the past century.

From the end of the Republican Great Depression with Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal in the 1930s until 1981 (including the presidencies of Republican Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, who maintained the top 91% and 74% income tax rates), the answer was unambiguous: “The economy is here to serve average Americans.”

Income and wealth during that time rose at about the same rate for working class Americans as they did for the rich, something we’d never before seen in this country.

This was not an accident or a mistake. It was the very intentional outcome of policies put into place by FDR and then maintained by both Democratic and Republican administrations for almost 50 years during that pre-Reagan era.

And then came the Reagan Revolution, when Republicans decided that the middle class wasn’t as important as giant corporations and the very wealthy after all, and that the rest of us are here to serve the rich.

Im sure this will hurt the feminine sensibilities of certain moderators, so I expect it to be moved with not much intelligent input.
It is what is. It's reality. If u want to change reality then make up your mind and say what you want. If you want all wealth equal --regardless of education, hours worked, saving, etc.-- then say so. If you want wealth distributed by some all powerful state in accordance what your guidelines, please tell us what your guidelines are.

Meanwhile, the only two things we have here is (1) you're not happy with what is, and (2) you're not saying what you want.

It is what is. It's reality. If u want to change reality then make up your mind and say what you want. If you want all wealth equal --regardless of education, hours worked, saving, etc.-- then say so. If you want wealth distributed by some all powerful state in accordance what your guidelines, please tell us what your guidelines are.

Meanwhile, the only two things we have here is (1) you're not happy with what is, and (2) you're not saying what you want.

The thing is when the State gets to distribute the wealth, the percentages often don't change, it's just party apparatchiks that are now the "high" and own all the wealth.

It is unimaginable to me that people are so entrenched in their hive mind stupidity to actually still believe Republicans are more corporate friendly than Democrats.
Jesus Christ people.
Ever heard of Larry Summers?? Robert Rubin??

At the top in DC 95% are owned by the globalists. At least Republicans fight against cultutal marxism, CRT, and indoctrinating kids into lgbt garbage.
Where I live we have none of those things. So they are non issues.

“The economy is here to serve average Americans.”in moderators, so I expect it to be moved with not much intelligent input.
Reality is that economic benefits go to anyone that produces efficiently things that are consumed. OK, so governments make sure it all stays legal and religions are here to make sure it's good --but the economic reality remains.

We can't have ALL economic benefits go only to the average person. There will always be below average producers who deserve at least a below average income, and the same goes for the above average producers earning more.

Please. Deal with it.

Sleepy Joe and his Leftist pals are in charge now, not Senators Rubio and Hawley.

What's he doing to confiscate the wealth of his billionaire pals like Buffett, Mini-Mike Bloomberg, Gates, Soros and Steyer? Not a damned thing actually.

I don't care how much money other people have. I have never been made poorer by a person richer than me.

However, I do care about how much of my earned money has been taken away by the filthy government and given to people that didn't earn it. I have been made poorer by the government.

The thing is when the State gets to distribute the wealth, the percentages often don't change, it's just party apparatchiks that are now the "high" and own all the wealth.
The only way a market can function is if there is a State nearby that maintains order and enforces contracts. If States decide to seize control of wealth distribution then they more they deviate from market forces the more problems will arise.

The "high" can not possibly own all the wealth. Right now everyone has something. It is not equal and we don't want it to be equal.

All the billionaires are your goofy Dims DImmer.

Forum List

Back