Would you actively work against your political ideals?

Would you actively work against your political ideal?

• NO! NO! NO!

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes, for over 250K/y

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, for over 100 K/y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, for over 40K/y

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, for over 15 K/y

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would not turn in my friends for any incentive!!!

But I could actively advocate for platforms I oppose -- for a sufficient salary.

I assume you mean something like work in the oil or gas industry, while you protest with the greenies?
Because otherwise you would be duplicitous, lying all the time, doing your job for money, but your heart was against what you were saying?!
That sounds like a very quick path to therapy.
My recommendation is to love what you do for a living, then you never really work a day in your life.

I believe there are many people who do. Just on jobs if it is backed by one party more then another, there are people who will vote for the party who is going to grease the wheels more for them even if their political views differ.

integrity.jpg

I would not turn in my friends for any incentive!!!

But I could actively advocate for platforms I oppose -- for a sufficient salary.

Okay, first I don't see how you went from actively working against your politics to turning in your friends. I think there's a few dots short on a connection there. Turning someone in kinda implies an illegal act(s), so maybe it depends a little on just what they did.

As for actively working against my political ideals, as things stand now for me I don't need the money and nobody is going to pay me an outrageous salary for any political purpose, so I ain't see that as a possibility. But if my circumstances were different and I needed the money to meet my obligations to my family, then yeah I'd do whatever I had to short of an illegal act. Still gonna vote for the GOP though.

Okay, first I don't see how you went from actively working against your politics to turning in your friends. I think there's a few dots short on a connection there. Turning someone in kinda implies an illegal act(s), so maybe it depends a little on just what they did.
They have committed acts of Aggravated Political Incorrectness in private conversations. I would never turn them in for any gain.

I believe there are many people who do. Just on jobs if it is backed by one party more then another, there are people who will vote for the party who is going to grease the wheels more for them even if their political views differ.
If I was a union pipefitter working on pipelines, and my union bosses said to vote for the democrats, I might say, "yes sir", but then vote Republican for my job.
"At least a few unions that proudly endorsed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have had second thoughts after the Keystone XL pipeline’s cancellation. It would be an intelligent guess to say a few more probably will as this administration continues to implement its energy policy and hammer down on requirements related to rejoining the Paris Accords."

Forum List

Back