Would someone ask Comey why Hillary wasn't charge with breaking these laws?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I was watching Hannity on Fox tonight and Jay Sekulow an attorney with these credentials:
Education B.A. Mercer University (law)
J.D. Mercer University (law)
PhD Regent University (legal history)
Occupation Civil Attorney (ACLJ)
Showed this chart.
So why didn't Comey charge her?
Could it be because of Attorney General Lynch's visit with Bill in June?
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.55.26 PM.png

Perhaps you should do a little research. He has answered those questions lots of times.

The case was decided two to three weeks BEFORE Bill saw Lynch at the airport....

they had said in the news at least two weeks before Comey made his announcement on the Clinton case...

that the FBI was done with their investigation

so no, the Lynch meet up with Bill had nothing to do with it.

He said she committed no criminal act that he or any Prosecutor could charge her with and win.

I was watching Hannity on Fox tonight and Jay Sekulow an attorney with these credentials:
Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

In answer to that question, Comey stated that she didn't break any laws.

To add insult to injury this is who Trump was considering for his Secretary of State--who actually was charged by the FBI for mishandling classified documents and then lying about it.

Republicans have long insisted that former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus' mishandling of classified information was far less egregious misconduct than Hillary Clinton's private email use while leading the State Department.

The talking point has gained steam this week after FBI Director James Comey recommended that the Justice Department bring no charges against Clinton, with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump even suggesting a nefarious motive behind the decision.

On Thursday, Comey was given an opportunity to rebut some of those charges during a hearing on Capitol Hill before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

"The Petraeus case, to my mind, illustrates perfectly the kind of cases the Department of Justice is willing to prosecute," Comey told the committee.

Petraeus, the four-star general who oversaw military operations in both Afghanistan and Iraq, resigned as CIA director in 2012 after his extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, became public.

The FBI and Justice Department later recommended felony charges against him for sharing classified information with Broadwell. He ultimately avoided jail time after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor last year, resulting in two years probation and a $100,000 fine. At the time, members of Congress from both sides of the aisle rallied to Petraeus' defense and criticized the Justice Department for pursuing the case.

Republicans have argued that Petraeus' malfeasance was petty, especially relative to Clinton's use of a private email servers.

Comey pointed out that Petraeus not only shared the classified information, but also hid the documents in his attic and then lied to investigators.

"So you have obstruction of justice, you have intentional misconduct and a vast quantity of information," Comey said. "He admitted he knew that was the wrong thing to do. That is a perfect illustration of the kind of cases that get prosecuted."

He added: "In my mind, it illustrates importantly the distinction to this case."
James Comey: David Petraeus case worse than Hillary Clinton's emails - CNNPolitics.com

580x413

The case was decided two to three weeks BEFORE Bill saw Lynch at the airport....

they had said in the news at least two weeks before Comey made his announcement on the Clinton case...

He said she committed no criminal act that he or any Prosecutor could charge her with and win.

Wrong. The investigation is phase one. Bill held the secret meeting with Lynch before it was decided whether charges would be filed based on the investigation.

Comey outright stated that Hillary lied regarding the mishandling and deleting emails.

The reason is quite simple and an affront to our system of government as well.

By EMILY SCHULTHEIS CBS NEWS June 29, 2016, 6:50 PM
Bill Clinton, AG Loretta Lynch meet on tarmac in Phoenix

Last Updated Jun 29, 2016 10:03 PM EDT

As his wife is under federal investigation for her use of a private email server, former President Bill Clinton met privately with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch at the Phoenix Airport Monday evening in what both sides say was an unplanned encounter.

[...]

Bill Clinton, AG Loretta Lynch meet on tarmac in Phoenix

Listen ass wipe Right wingers...

You have the Cheeto in charge.... Please Please Please charge her...

The court case will be thrown out in a day by any reasonable judge.... So go on and do it...

You know very well the investigation was closed by a Rep investigator because it would never stand up in an actual court... Go on bring it to court and see....

What are ye afraid of? Bring it on!!!!

What are ye afraid of? Bring it on!!!!

Be careful what you wish for.

This is how the Court Case goes:

Judge: Mrs Clinton is here today being charged of using a private server for governmental information. Is she the first SOS to do this?

Prosecutor: No. SOS Powell did it also. Also C Rice...

Judge: Why isn't Powell being prosecuted and why didn't you search his emails?

Prosecutor: He deleted them which we know is against the law.

Judge: So why her?

Prosecutor: But these could have been Classified?

Judge: Who Makes them Classified?

Prosecutor: The State Dept which was run by Mrs Clinton.

Judge: Can you show any actions done by Mrs Clinton put any US personnel in danger?

Prosecutor: No.

Judge: Can you show Criminal Intent which is needed for this charge (pick one they all need it) against a citizen?

Prosecutor: No.

Judge: Case Closed. I would like to apologise to Mrs. Clinton for this frivolous charge and would apologise to her for this obvious politically motivated harassment.

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

The answer is still intent, dumbasses.

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

The answer is still intent, dumbasses.

A Navy sailor on Friday pleaded guilty to illegally photographing classified areas of a nuclear submarine.
The 29-year-old petty officer first class, Kristian Saucier, admitted to taking cellphone photos of instruments and equipment within the submarine on three separate occasions in 2009, the Justice Department announced.
Navy sailor pleads guilty to espionage for submarine photos

What was this sailor's intent in taking the pictures? No discussion of intent here!

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

To add insult to injury this is who Trump was considering for his Secretary of State--who actually was charged by the FBI for mishandling classified documents and then lying about it.

Republicans have long insisted that former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus' mishandling of classified information was far less egregious misconduct than Hillary Clinton's private email use while leading the State Department.

The talking point has gained steam this week after FBI Director James Comey recommended that the Justice Department bring no charges against Clinton, with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump even suggesting a nefarious motive behind the decision.

On Thursday, Comey was given an opportunity to rebut some of those charges during a hearing on Capitol Hill before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

"The Petraeus case, to my mind, illustrates perfectly the kind of cases the Department of Justice is willing to prosecute," Comey told the committee.

Petraeus, the four-star general who oversaw military operations in both Afghanistan and Iraq, resigned as CIA director in 2012 after his extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, became public.

The FBI and Justice Department later recommended felony charges against him for sharing classified information with Broadwell. He ultimately avoided jail time after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor last year, resulting in two years probation and a $100,000 fine. At the time, members of Congress from both sides of the aisle rallied to Petraeus' defense and criticized the Justice Department for pursuing the case.

Republicans have argued that Petraeus' malfeasance was petty, especially relative to Clinton's use of a private email servers.

Comey pointed out that Petraeus not only shared the classified information, but also hid the documents in his attic and then lied to investigators.

"So you have obstruction of justice, you have intentional misconduct and a vast quantity of information," Comey said. "He admitted he knew that was the wrong thing to do. That is a perfect illustration of the kind of cases that get prosecuted."

He added: "In my mind, it illustrates importantly the distinction to this case."
James Comey: David Petraeus case worse than Hillary Clinton's emails - CNNPolitics.com

580x413

What was Petraeus' INTENT???

Here are 3 prosecutors that disagree with Comey
The FBI Says ‘Reasonable Prosecutors’ Wouldn’t Charge Hillary — Meet Some Who Disagree

As a former federal prosecutor with more than 350 criminal cases under my belt, I take serious issue with Director Comey’s conclusions,” said Sidney Powell, a former federal prosecutor in Texas and Virginia.
The applicable statute does not require specific intent to violate the law. Indeed, the only real issue is whether Secretary Clinton allowed classified information to be transmitted to her personal e-mail account. That alone is a felony count for each e-mail so transmitted — whether marked classified or not.”

As a former assistant U.S. attorney, it looks to me like it would’ve been an easy case to win,” Faith Ryan Whittlesey said. The one-time federal prosecutor in Pennsylvania advised President Ronald Reagan and was his envoy to Switzerland. She added, “As a former U.S. ambassador . . . if I had handled classified material in such a careless manner, exposing the material to the prying eyes of possible actors with interests adverse to those of the U.S., I certainly would have been prosecuted.”
Read more at: The FBI Says ‘Reasonable Prosecutors’ Wouldn’t Charge Hillary — Meet Some Who Disagree

Former attorney general Michael Mukasey explained in Wednesday’s Wall Street Journal what little it would have taken to indict Hillary Clinton on misdemeanor charges. The misdemeanor involves simply the knowing removal of classified documents to an unauthorized location. That is the statute to which David Petraeus, the former U.S. Army general and Central Intelligence Agency director, pleaded guilty in 2015. (He had disclosed classified documents to his biographer/mistress, who also had top-secret clearance, returned the information to him and never disclosed it in his biography or elsewhere.)

Read more at: The FBI Says ‘Reasonable Prosecutors’ Wouldn’t Charge Hillary — Meet Some Who Disagree

NOTE "Intent", "Motive" is never an excuse NOT to prosecute!
Petraeus was guilty "regardless" of intent!
I'd ask Comey this question:
"If I hit a little kid at a school cross walk because I was texting I'd be found guilty, regardless of my 'intent', so why in Hillary is 'intent' an issue"?

Perhaps you should do a little research. He has answered those questions lots of times.

NO Comey has NEVER BEEN ASKED...."What level do you need to get to to actually prove intent?"!
Utah GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told Fox News’ “Special Report with Bret Bair” on Sunday night said he wasn’t surprise by the letter and continues to have questions -- including whether Clinton has lied under oath about mishandling classified information in her State Department emails and what is the threshold to prove criminal intent.

What level do you need to get to to actually prove intent?” Chaffetz asked.
“They did not answer the question yet as to whether Hillary Clinton has committed perjury.”
FBI's Comey tells Congress email review completed, decision not to prosecute Clinton stands

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

580x413

He intended to give classified documents to his mistress, a journalist without a security clearance. He intended to and did it. "It" was against the law and he knew it.

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

580x413

"Petraeus lied to investigators"

Utah GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told Fox News’ “Special Report with Bret Bair” on Sunday night said he wasn’t surprise by the letter and continues to have questions --
including whether Clinton has lied under oath about mishandling classified information in her State Department emails and what is the threshold to prove criminal intent.

What level do you need to get to to actually prove intent?” Chaffetz asked.
“They did not answer the question yet as to whether Hillary Clinton has committed perjury.”
FBI's Comey tells Congress email review completed, decision not to prosecute Clinton stands

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

580x413

He intended to give classified documents to his mistress, a journalist without a security clearance. He intended to and did it. "It" was against the law and he knew it.
Hillary signed
Clinton Signed NDA Laying Out Criminal Penalties for Mishandling of Classified Info
Dem presidential candidate and top aides signed NDAs warning against ‘negligent handling’ of classified information
Clinton Signed NDA Laying Out Criminal Penalties for Mishandling of Classified Info

As the nation’s chief diplomat, Hillary Clinton was responsible for ascertaining whether information in her possession was classified and acknowledged that "negligent handling" of that information could jeopardize national security, according to a copy of an agreement she signed upon taking the job.

A day after assuming office as secretary of state, Clinton signed a Sensitive Compartmented Information Nondisclosure Agreement that laid out criminal penalties for "any unauthorized disclosure" of classified information.

Not according to Comey!
Comey:
Loretta Lynch's Tarmac Meeting With Bill Clinton Forced Me To Go Public About Clinton Investigation

Comey: Loretta Lynch's Tarmac Meeting With Bill Clinton Forced Me To Go Public About Clinton Investigation

Showed this chart.
View attachment 124624

580x413

So where are YOUR LINKS to your very ignorant opinion?

Sorry but you are wrong!
As former US attorney general Eric Holder put it in 2015, “There were some unique things that existed in that case that would have made the prosecution at the felony level and a conviction at the felony level very, very, very problematic,” according to The Post.
At the same time, intent doesn't necessarily matter in cases involving mishandled classified information.
The government was bearish about its chances of convicting a CIA director who had knowingly given highly sensitive classified information to his mistress.

The challenges of convicting a former secretary of state and a major party presidential front-runner in an election year — and in a case where any alleged intelligence disclosures didn't involve nearly the same degree of premeditation as in Petraeus' case — are probably much steeper.

As The Post reports, Petraeus' case had a number of challenging aspects for prosecutors.
Despite her sexual relationship with Petraeus, Broadwell was protected from prosecution by her status as a biographer and credentialed journalist.
Petraeus did not intend for the information he gave Broadwell to spread beyond her or to be made public, and he personally vetted Broadwell's book for any classified information. The Post notes that "Justice Department guidelines" hold that "it is not policy to charge [for lying to federal agents] 'in situations in which a suspect, during an investigation, merely denies guilt in response to questioning by the government.'”
Here's how David Petraeus got off with only a misdemeanor

Forum List

Back