Would God create a horribly designed species ?

You never know.
If you want to make thinly veiled personal threats you shouldnt do so in a cowardly manner through the internet. Take it to my face. Show everyone how brave you are publicly.

Its your show not mine.

Last edited:
<ahem>
Even though they are very small, mites are important organisms to humans and other animals. Most species of mite are beneficial decomposers breaking down organic matter, allowing nutrients to be used by plants again.

I photographed this one on a curb near my apartment. Best look I've ever had of one. I've long been faintly aware that wherever I see ants on concrete, that there are often very tiny, bright-orange dots running around among them, too tiny for my bare eyes to make out anything more than that they are tiny orange dots that move faster than the ants do. With a macro extension tube on my camera, I managed to get a few lucky shots of a few of them, this day.

ZSC_6455Sq.jpg

Would God create a horribly designed species ? Does God make mistakes ? Mites, they're only live a couple weeks because they have no anus. They eat and eat until they fill up with feces. Then they die. So much for intelligent design. What about all the species that died out ? Were they mistakes too ? Did God have to try and try again until he got it right ? I guess he's not all powerful and all knowing then.
Your worldview is ironically teleological.

I photographed this one on a curb near my apartment. Best look I've ever had of one. I've long been faintly aware that wherever I see ants on concrete, that there are often very tiny, bright-orange dots running around among them, too tiny for my bare eyes to make out anything more than that they are tiny orange dots that move faster than the ants do. With a macro extension tube on my camera, I managed to get a few lucky shots of a few of them, this day.

View attachment 600977
That's insane. Thanks.

Would God create a horribly designed species ? Does God make mistakes ? Mites, they're only live a couple weeks because they have no anus. They eat and eat until they fill up with feces. Then they die. So much for intelligent design. What about all the species that died out ? Were they mistakes too ? Did God have to try and try again until he got it right ? I guess he's not all powerful and all knowing then.

not so, the initial life form, physiological cell may be all that was granted by the heavens - and was given the opportunity to fulfill what may come of it the may species their own destiny ... compliant with the rules and forces of the universe.

the mite's predicament was of their own making.

If mankind is going to evolve, we must first understand who and what we are.

Sounds good. But if you're really talking about evolution in the scientific sense -- that doesn't depend on "who or what we are" anymore than possums need self-awareness to evolve.

If you're talking about LOWERING academic standards and using only 1/16 of our brains and sitting on our asses too much -- then expect a DECLINE in intelligence and fatter asses.

If it's "self-awareness" evolution, looking at the world thru Secular Humanist glasses is a poor way to judge whether we are evolving. Because those views you seem to hold have no use for HUMILITY and understanding that man's judgement is NOT the end-all be-all of the universe.

That's the diff between people of faith and the "godless"...

Depends on what you believe.
The Gnostics believe that we were created by a lower self serving God, and the God of the New Testament is the true God.
Makes sense. Doesn't take a genius to see that the God of the Old Testament is absolutely the complete opposite of the loving, gracious God in the New Testament.
And is exactly why mankind is what we are - selfish, petty, vindictive and wholly self serving by nature.
Mankind is anything but perfect. Not even close.

If you want to make thinly veiled personal threats you shouldnt do so in a cowardly manner through the internet. Take it to my face. Show everyone how brave you are publicly.

Its your show not mine.

What threat? Penelope just pointed out that you never know when you will die. And that is accurate. Sure, if you live a healthy life style, you can reasonably expect to live a long life. But there is no guarantee of that. Accidents, cancers and criminals can cause death at any time.

We live in a fallen world. That is what the Bible says, and it’s also what is observably true. In the very beginning, there was no disease, deformities, corruption, or any of the other bad things that we see in the world today. Genesis 1 is clear, in the beginning the world was basically a paradise, but that all began to change when sin came into the world, from a biblical perspective.

And btw, God is going to restore that very good peaceful world He created in the beginning. The prophetic scriptures talk about that… “The wolf will lay with the lamb…..none will harm or destroy…” Yes, I know that sounds hard to believe to nonbelievers. But think of it this way… Do you really think a God of love wants the world to be the way it is right now? Obviously not.

Forum List

Back