Would God create a horribly designed species ?

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
Would God create a horribly designed species ? Does God make mistakes ? Mites, they're only live a couple weeks because they have no anus. They eat and eat until they fill up with feces. Then they die. So much for intelligent design. What about all the species that died out ? Were they mistakes too ? Did God have to try and try again until he got it right ? I guess he's not all powerful and all knowing then.

Would God create a horribly designed species ? Does God make mistakes ? Mites, they're only live a couple weeks because they have no anus. They eat and eat until they fill up with feces. Then they die. So much for intelligent design. What about all the species that died out ? Were they mistakes too ? Did God have to try and try again until he got it right ? I guess he's not all powerful and all knowing then.
Look at it this way. If you were God, what would be interesting to you? To carefully design a species to your exact specifications? Boring! How about create life and design it to be adaptable to literally anything and everything. Then sit back and watch the show.

"Horrible" is a subjective term. There are many species that humans might describe as horrible from our myopic perspective.

I wasn't kidding when I said everything has a biological niche.

If there is a plan for the universe, it will most certainly be ineffable and it would be the most extreme example of hubris to assume that we (humans) are the ultimate end product of that plan.

I think Terry Pratchett put it best when he said,

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”​

Look at it this way. If you were God, what would be interesting to you? To carefully design a species to your exact specifications? Boring! How about create life and design it to be adaptable to literally anything and everything. Then sit back and watch the show.
You're obviously believe in a very human god.

God gave me this life, what wouldn't he do?

"Horrible" is a subjective term. There are many species that humans might describe as horrible from our myopic perspective.

If there is a plan for the universe, it will most certainly be ineffable and it would be the most extreme example of hubris to assume that we (humans) are the ultimate end product of that plan.

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”​

Dysfunctional then, with respect to all other life forms.

Isn't this the same God who smited the Egyptians. Hard to smile all the time when you're smiting people.

I am nowhere near the intellectual complexity of God, not by many orders of magnitude, but even from where I am, as a mere mortal human, I am astounded at the smallness of your own mind, as demonstrated by this post.

Given that I know from your body of work that you are a fool who has rejected God, I have to highly suspect that your motive in starting this thread comes, not out of any sincere desire for enlightenment or knowledge, but as a rather poor effort to troll those of us who acknowledge Him, to try to troll and bait us into a trap of a sort that only a small mind such as yourself would expect to work.

Your glaring error is to think that from your lowly position, you can imagine the motives of a God whose existence you foolishly deny, and to imagine that any failure on His part to comply with your small-minded concept of Him must be proof of His nonexistence.

The bulk of your error is, as described above.

Beyond that, you err in many lesser ways, as well, starting with a claim about mites that is factually incorrect.

The digestive system of Archegozetes longisetosus comprises the following components: the preoral cavity in front of the mouth and the digestive tract, which is composed of: 1) a cuticle lined foregut starting with the mouth and continuing with the pharynx and esophagus; 2) a midgut with ventriculus, one pair of preventricular glands, one pair of caeca, a colon, an intercolon, and a postcolon; 3) a cuticle lined hindgut composed of the anal atrium and terminating with the anus.

You go on to describe “mistakes” in the way that life has evolved, failing to see their significance in the greater picture, as even I can clearly see, and cite these “mistakes” as proof that life could not have been the work of an intelligent God, again arrogantly presuming that God must work according to how you think He should work.

I am nowhere near the intellectual complexity of God, not by many orders of magnitude, but even from where I am, as a mere mortal human, I am astounded at the smallness of your own mind, as demonstrated by this post.

Given that I know from your body of work that you are a fool who has rejected God, I have to highly suspect that your motive in starting this thread comes, not out of any sincere desire for enlightenment or knowledge, but as a rather poor effort to troll those of us who acknowledge Him, to try to troll and bait us into a trap of a sort that only a small mind such as yourself would expect to work.

Your glaring error is to think that from your lowly position, you can imagine the motives of a God whose existence you foolishly deny, and to imagine that any failure on His part to comply with your small-minded concept of Him must be proof of His nonexistence.

The bulk of your error is, as described above.

Beyond that, you err in many lesser ways, as well, starting with a claim about mites that is factually incorrect.

The digestive system of Archegozetes longisetosus comprises the following components: the preoral cavity in front of the mouth and the digestive tract, which is composed of: 1) a cuticle lined foregut starting with the mouth and continuing with the pharynx and esophagus; 2) a midgut with ventriculus, one pair of preventricular glands, one pair of caeca, a colon, an intercolon, and a postcolon; 3) a cuticle lined hindgut composed of the anal atrium and terminating with the anus.

You go on to describe “mistakes” in the way that life has evolved, failing to see their significance in the greater picture, as even I can clearly see, and cite these “mistakes” as proof that life could not have been the work of an intelligent God, again arrogantly presuming that God must work according to how you think He should work.
You're arguing isn't with me, it's with the inconsistencies in the human God you worship. He's a very small god, but even humanizing by giving him a sex. A real God would have no need for that. It's a very human need though. Also personal attacks do not help your case they only make it look weaker.

Isn't this the same God who smited the Egyptians. Hard to smile all the time when you're smiting people.

You're under the mistaken impression that a belief in a divine plan is synonymous with the belief that biblical scripture is meant to be taken literally.

No, just very far beyond your understanding of Him. Far beyond my understanding, but much, much farther beyond yours.
I beg to differ with you I know exactly who and what I am. You do not even have an inkling.

You're under the mistaken impression that a belief in a divine plan is synonymous with the belief that biblical scripture is meant to be taken literally.
So you don't believe all those plagues occurred that are stated in the Bible. Another proof that that religious God is a fraud.

You're arguing isn't with me, it's with the inconsistencies in the human God you worship. He's a very small god, but even humanizing by giving him a sex. A real God would have no need for that. It's a very human need though. Also personal attacks do not help your case they only make it look weaker.

A real God would not be obligated to comply with your tiny-minded notions of what He must be. Especially not the notions of one who has willfully rejected Him.

So you don't believe all those plagues occurred that are stated in the Bible. Another proof that that religious God is a fraud.

I believe that if you're trying to explain complex ideas to a child, you do it simply, using metaphors that a child can understand.

If you're trying to explain molecular biology to bronze-age people, you would use the same approach.

Even if nothing in scripture happened as written, it doesn't disprove a divine plan.

Forum List

Back