Zone1 Worshipping Mary

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I am creating this thread for those who question whether or not it is consistent with God's will that people pray to and venerate Mary, the biological mother of Jesus on Earth.

Exodus 20:3-5 KJV
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Worshipping and venerating Mary is contrary to what God told us.

1702738615276.png

Last edited:
Exodus 20:3-5 KJV

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Worshipping and venerating Mary is contrary to what God told us.

View attachment 873946

And?

• Banned
Those that don't stick to the Bible end of engaging in doctrines that are contrary to God.

His devotion to Mary began as a child. When he was 9 years old, Pope St. John Paul II lost his own mother, and he was raised by a very devout father. In his book Crossing the Threshold of Hope (pp. 214-5), St. John Paul mentioned three ways his devotion to our Blessed Mother increased. First, at his parish church in Wadowice, he prayed regularly before the image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, which portrays Mary holding the Child Jesus.

• Banned
Luke 4:8 ESV
And Jesus answered him, “It is written,

“‘You shall worship the Lord your God,
and him only shall you serve.
’”

• Banned
One person exalted Mary in the presence of Jesus. Jesus corrected her.

Luke 11:27-28
As he said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!” 28 But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

• Banned
The teaching and practice of praying to Mary essentially takes God out of the relationship and replaces him with Mary, who would want nothing to do with such a practice as she was his faithful and humble servant. There is ZERO chance that Mary would approve of diverting his praise and glory to herself.

The teaching and practice of praying to Mary essentially takes God out of the relationship and replaces him with Mary, who would want nothing to do with such a practice as she was his faithful and humble servant. There is ZERO chance that Mary would approve of diverting his praise and glory to herself.

Seems quite harmless to me.

I've always interpreted this is mean there are other gods ... but these other gods obey the One True God ... gods and angels are all part of His Creation ... so the average Roman citizen could continue making offerings at whatever temple they want, as long as they agreed to not put this god before The One True God of Abraham ...

I've spent my whole life trying to understand just Jesus ... so I'm guessing about these other gods ...

Jupiter bends his knee to Jehovah ... and before they had "all due benevolence", they had the Cult of Vesta ... the difference is that Jupiter and Vesta both work for Jehovah ... rather than themselves ...

It's the Muslims who believe there's only One God ... and Allah is His name ... I know, they don't English very well ...

Far from it. This is the view of an outsider who thinks he is alerting non-Catholic Christians to what Catholics are "really" doing.

After the sign of the cross, the rosary begins with the Apostles Creed. The next prayer is the Lord's prayer. Then comes the Hail Mary, which launches us into the angel's greeting to Mary announcing God's plan regarding Jesus, and asking if she will be a part of it. Along with all of this are the daily meditations on Christ's life. Each decade ends with, "Glory be to the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirt" and "Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins...

The Rosary is about the life of Jesus, which begins with the angel's greeting of, "Hail Mary". And non-Catholic Christians want the angel and Mary's part in Jesus life to be dismissed and forgotten.

Also, remember how Paul referred to Jesus as the new Adam, without sin? Who is the new Eve, the new Mother without sin? Shall we throw Eve out of the story of Genesis as well, or that God gave us a new (sinless) Adam but ignored and dismissed the need for a Eve (a new sinless mother). God's symmetry throughout scripture makes that unlikely.

Further, Marian apparitions through these last couple of centuries are of God's will, not Mary's. What has God called her to do? What has she said at each appearance. 1) Repent. 2) Penance 3) Pray the Rosary. These are the three things God is calling us to do in our present day and age.

So, unless one is going to argue Jesus' mother has gone rogue and is disobeying God, not obeying Him, perhaps leave off describing the rosary as something it is not and think about what God is asking of us. Repent, Penance. Pray the Rosary.

The purpose of the rosary is to lead one into the deeper prayer states of meditation and contemplation.

I've always interpreted this is mean there are other gods ...
  • Isaiah 46 "For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me"
  • Isaiah 45: "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other"
  • Isaiah 43 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour"
  • Deuteronomy 32:39: "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me"
  • 1 Corinthians 8:6: "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things"
  • Mark 12:32: "Know and understand that God the Master is one. There is no other besides him"
  • John 17 "This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent"

Last edited:
Far from it. This is the view of an outsider who thinks he is alerting non-Catholic Christians to what Catholics are "really" doing.

After the sign of the cross, the rosary begins with the Apostles Creed. The next prayer is the Lord's prayer. Then comes the Hail Mary, which launches us into the angel's greeting to Mary announcing God's plan regarding Jesus, and asking if she will be a part of it. Along with all of this are the daily meditations on Christ's life. Each decade ends with, "Glory be to the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirt" and "Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins...

The Rosary is about the life of Jesus, which begins with the angel's greeting of, "Hail Mary". And non-Catholic Christians want the angel and Mary's part in Jesus life to be dismissed and forgotten.

Also, remember how Paul referred to Jesus as the new Adam, without sin? Who is the new Eve, the new Mother without sin? Shall we throw Eve out of the story of Genesis as well, or that God gave us a new (sinless) Adam but ignored and dismissed the need for a Eve (a new sinless mother). God's symmetry throughout scripture makes that unlikely.

Further, Marian apparitions through these last couple of centuries are of God's will, not Mary's. What has God called her to do? What has she said at each appearance. 1) Repent. 2) Penance 3) Pray the Rosary. These are the three things God is calling us to do in our present day and age.

So, unless one is going to argue Jesus' mother has gone rogue and is disobeying God, not obeying Him, perhaps leave off describing the rosary as something it is not and think about what God is asking of us. Repent, Penance. Pray the Rosary.

The purpose of the rosary is to lead one into the deeper prayer states of meditation and contemplation.

The reader should know that Merriweather is a devoted Catholic and does not adhere to the teachings of the Bible but rather to the Catholic organization.

Seems quite harmless to me.
The reader should also know that Surada is devoted to the teachings of the Catholic organization and not to the teachings of the Bible.

For those who may be unaware, Catholics place the teachings of the Catholic organization over the teachings of the Bible. Catholics do not look to God's word but to the words of the Catholic organization. Hence, the Catholic organization can create any doctrines they like, regardless of what the Bible teaches.

I myself am a follower of Jesus (or at least try to be) and I go by what the Bible says and not what men (Catholic organization) say.

The reader should know that Merriweather is a devoted Catholic and does not adhere to the teachings of the Bible but rather to the Catholic organization.
This is funny. You can't counter Catholic points of how the rosary is centered on the Bible, including Genesis, so you are reduced to going with but-but-but-but everyone knows Catholics don't adhere to the Bible! Catholics laugh at that because it is like saying, Everyone knows a baseball player can't catch a fly ball. Both would be statements given only by the ignorant.

For those who may be unaware, Catholics place the teachings of the Catholic organization over the teachings of the Bible. Catholics do not look to God's word but to the words of the Catholic organization. Hence, the Catholic organization can create any doctrines they like, regardless of what the Bible teaches.
The Catholic Church and its catechism are centered on the Bible. The catechism includes an enormous number of footnotes referencing scripture.

As Abraham Lincoln said, "Those who throw snowballs, always aim for the hat on the tallest person." And as some football coach noted, "No one kicks a flat football."

It appears the OP sees the Catholic Church as the tallest, and not at all flat.

Catholics are more like the Jews than they would care to admit. Lots of do's and don'ts, and rituals. Also, if you aren't one of them, you're going to hell. That's the biggy.

After being shot, Pope John Paul II sought relief from Mary and NOT the eternal God who is his creator.

Lastly, Pope St. John Paul II also invoked our Blessed Mother when he was shot May 13, 1981, as he was passing through the crowd of St. Peter’s Square. Struck with two bullets, he fell into the arms of his secretary, Archbishop Dziwisz, who asked, “Where?” “In the stomach,” the pope replied. Archbishop Dziwisz asked, “Does it hurt very much?” The pope faintly responded, “Yes. Oh Mary, my mother, my mother,” and fell from consciousness.

Well, that and she never existed.

The Catholic Church's veneration of Mary is an offshoot of needing to replace all the Pagan Mother Goddesses across Europe. The Catholics coopted a bunch of Pagan stuff.

Catholics are more like the Jews than they would care to admit. Lots of do's and don'ts, and rituals. Also, if you aren't one of them, you're going to hell. That's the biggy.
  • Catholics are happy to be compared to Jews as our faith is rooted in Judaism. We will joyfully admit this from the housetops.
  • If one is not Catholic (and this includes atheists) you are not going to hell. That is yet another non-Catholic invention. Catholicism teaches we do not know who--if anyone-is in hell. Those who are not Catholic are confidently left in the hands of a truly merciful and loving God. "Going to hell" is a fabrication by non-Catholics. I have often wondered about their need to fabricate.

Forum List

Back