Worried Trump could 'go rogue' Milley took top-secret action to protect nukes

Specifically, how did anyone lie? Milley told his counterpart in the Communist Chinese military that Milley would call him so there was no surprise.

Would General Eisenhower have been guilty of treason had he called Adolph Hitler on June 5, 1944, that an attack was coming at Normandy?
hehheh touche!

This should come as a surprise to no one. After all, when Donnie was being briefed in advance of taking office he asked THREE TIMES about nukes: "If we have them, then why can't we use them?" :omg:

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.​
Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, 'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.'​
Milley worried that Trump could 'go rogue,' the authors write. "You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.​
In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.​
"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.​

Thank God someone was was thinking and on top of what might have been~
For those yapping about treason--had he received an order to launch, and refused, you might have a point. Contingency planning however..does not rise to that standard.
He said, "No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," I have no problem with that..after all, there IS a process for a reason.

Not seeing the issue, really.

Thank God someone was was thinking and on top of what might have been~
For those yapping about treason--had he received an order to launch, and refused, you might have a point. Contingency planning however..does not rise to that standard.
He said, "No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," I have no problem with that..after all, there IS a process for a reason.

Not seeing the issue, really.

Correll
Need buttbalm for the butthurt?

Awwww :itsok:

No butthurt on my side. Some people on your side...panicked over their own made up fantasies of how they imagined their enemies, and then went and did something treasonous.

My point was to try to remind you what would have happened if your leftard's fear were realized and he actually went through with his stated intent.

That an American General would betray his fellow soldiers based on partisan politics, is... even hypothetically, is a real problem.

A problem caused by you people and your fucked up fantasy lives.

A. We are not at war with China

B. Given what Trump was doing...it was wise to reassure an antagonist that they were not going to become a target, given the insanity of our leader

The last thing we needed was to have China react out of fear of what Trump might do

B. Given what Trump was doing...it was wise to reassure an antagonist that they were not going to become a target, given the insanity of our leader

The last thing we needed was to have China react out of fear of what Trump might do
you are assuming that china is insane

This should come as a surprise to no one. After all, when Donnie was being briefed in advance of taking office he asked THREE TIMES about nukes: "If we have them, then why can't we use them?" :omg:

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.​
Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, 'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.'​
Milley worried that Trump could 'go rogue,' the authors write. "You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.​
In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.​
"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.​

If I were advising Sleepy Joe, I'd advise him to have such a Mad General brought up before a drumhead court martial and shot summarily. Fellows like this, if the story is true, are a danger to the rule of law as well as the safety of our country. If the Islamic State or other belligerent power realizes America wasn't able to respond, they could have launched a preemptive attack.

Well, that's Milley's version of events.

~~~~~~

DrLove
"About 50% of the country is now vaccinated. Is it just me, or does this remind you of a team project where half the team does all the work?" -Jimmy Fallon

Little wonder that Jimmy Fallon and all the other late-night shows have fallen to "Gutfeld".

Peculiar isn't it? How the far-left can see that when they want to force someone to do something but they can't understand that the same philosophy when it comes to financing our country.

Largess-S.jpg
All of the TV personalities and media people and Hollywood are insulated. They are safe. And they are disgusting.

~~~~~~
Does this mean that if Joey Xi by any chance also makes the decision to attack, General Milley would notify China in advance?
By all that is logical that is TREASON......

Milley Told China in Secret Phone Call He Would Give the CCP Advance Warning if US Was Ever Going to Attack

Makes you wonder what he told the Taliban

Has any of this been confirmed by milley and the other officers?

where are the links to their public statements?

trump is slowly destroying the repub party. I am pretty sure that he is still mad at the GOP for not overturning the election for him. He will primary his far right, nut cases, and the Dems will beat them.

The curious thing is the repub party is allowing him to drag them into oblivion. HEY, IT WORKS FOR ME!

Is there another version?
The book will re-emphasize just how crazy trump is. NO ONE will want to take a chance of four more years with the 7 year old that tells Pence....'if you don't overturn the election results....I won't be your friend."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I know elementary school kids that make that threat....but a sitting president?

Forum List

Back