Woody Guthrie, ‘Old Man Trump’ and a real estate empire’s racist foundations

Let me get this right.... Donald Trump is to blame for something he had no control over and nothing to do with. But the dems are innocent because THEIR history was in the past and the current people didn't do it. I got that right Coyote?
Nope. You got it wrong. As usual. This is about Woodie Guthrie and Fred Trump, not even posted in Politics.

This thread wouldn't be worth starting if Trump were not president.

Please spare us the bullshit innocence routine.
I happen to be a big fan of Woodie Guthrie. Had no idea you lot would be so easily triggered.

Hmmmmm, why do I get the feeling this is a troll thread......and by a mod at that. Tsk, tsk, tsk
Wow. Let try to get this straight. We are not allowed to post stuff about Fred Trump...that right? Someone forcing you to be here since you consider it a troll thread? Got a gun to your head? Something I am missing? Should I find something about Biden’s father to appease you lot? I am sure I can, but would lack the interesting aspect of Woodie Guthrie. Let me know.

Hmmmmm, why do I get the feeling this is a troll thread......and by a mod at that. Tsk, tsk, tsk
Wow. Let try to get this straight. We are not allowed to post stuff about Fred Trump...that right? Someone forcing you to be here since you consider it a troll thread? Got a gun to your head? Something I am missing? Should I find something about Biden’s father to appease you lot? I am sure I can, but would lack the interesting aspect of Woodie Guthrie. Let me know.

getting all defensive aren't you? Kinda makes mine & Sun's points.......but you go right ahead & do as you wish.

Well...that “commie” guitar player, who’s guitar sported the words “this machine kills fascists”...wrote some of our most iconic songs.

Hell of a lot more than Fred Trump ever did.

getting all defensive aren't you? Kinda makes mine & Sun's points.......but you go right ahead & do as you wish.
Whoa... the trolling trolls team strikes again.

Nope. Just wonder why you feel such an urgent need to troll threads? Or just some threads? If you don’t like it, no one is forcing you to be on it. It was an interesting bit of trivia, but that is apparently intolerable to you.

Well...that “commie” guitar player, who’s guitar sported the words “this machine kills fascists”...wrote some of our most iconic songs.

That is way over his head. He probably interprets it like the authoritarian does when he see's "This Land Is My Land"

That is way over his head. He probably interprets it like the authoritarian does when he see's "This Land Is My Land"

I liked a lot of Woody's music. I just didn't like his politics.

My father and uncles fought fascists and nazis in North Africa, Italy, France and Germany. I fought communists in Vietnam and Cambodia. All that tripe are of the same mold and I despise them all. I can interpret any way I like. Back in Woody's day, all the folk singers and actors were flaming commies and they should have been lined up and shot.

He grew up in hard hard times...and his music reflected it. I love this song of his...because it reminds us that these are people, who’s lives have meaning, and who have people who care about Them, no one should be consigned to anonymity. I like Arlo’s version. His songs were a powerful reflection of times he lived in.

He grew up in hard hard times...and his music reflected it. I love this song of his...because it reminds us that these are people, who’s lives have meaning, and who have people who care about Them, no one should be consigned to anonymity. I like Arlo’s version. His songs were a powerful reflection of times he lived in.

All my folks grew up in hard times. None of the men abandoned their wife and kids to chase around the country and protest and agitate.

D J Trump will burn in Hell over his fathers actions. I just checked the calendar. Yep, it's 2020 alright.

Well, from all accounts his father WAS a piece of work.
And that applies to Donald Trump exactly how? You claim the past actions of the democrats don't apply but want to tar and feather Trump over actions that weren't even his.

This topic isn’t even about DJT.
You posted this for one reason and ONLY one reason, to attack the President, you can pretend you did not but we all see through your trolling. Or wait perhaps you can explain why you posted a thread about Donald Trump's father just before the election when the man is DEAD and has been for some time?

D J Trump will burn in Hell over his fathers actions. I just checked the calendar. Yep, it's 2020 alright.

Well, from all accounts his father WAS a piece of work.
And that applies to Donald Trump exactly how? You claim the past actions of the democrats don't apply but want to tar and feather Trump over actions that weren't even his.

This topic isn’t even about DJT.
You posted this for one reason and ONLY one reason, to attack the President, you can pretend you did not but we all see through your trolling. Or wait perhaps you can explain why you posted a thread about Donald Trump's father just before the election when the man is DEAD and has been for some time?

Dude. I post plenty of stuff About Trump, openly, because he is crap. You know my opinions. If you don’t like it, tough shit. I don’t have to explain why I post something to you, Nor do I care that you seem to feel some special entitlement for explanations. Let me debase you of that delusion. I don’t care what you think.

But I do care that you and a few others jumped in for no other reason than to troll the thread.

Knock it off.

Forum List

Back