women in combat, a real look at the issue...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Some people desperately want women to be involved directly in infantry combat operations...not just in support roles with the infantry....is that possible....maybe not...

Articles 60 Minutes and Women in Combat Training

To make the test even more challenging, the candidates do it in full combat gear, which can approach or even exceed a hundred pounds. And just as the Corps has maintained since the push for women in the infantry began a few years ago, it ultimately is the combination of that weight and lack of upper body strength that keeps women from completing the course. The promising young candidate whom reporter Martin followed was done in, like so many others, by a rope climb, where upper body strength is paramount.

Another constant problem on the battlefield is intestinal disorders that many times result in uncontrollable and explosive diarrhea. I couldn’t count how many times I saw a young trooper suddenly dump his gear and drop his trousers right on the trail, in full view of every member of his team. And no one thought anything of it, save the poor guy who had to squat there with his naked butt and his family jewels on full display while he loudly evacuated his bowels to the hoots, laughter, and catcalls of his team. Even routine defecation and urination are public functions for infantrymen, including officers and NCOs. When you are in Indian country, there is absolutely no expectation of privacy, or even a desire for it, because to be out of sight of your team for even minutes is to be at risk of sudden death or capture.

Then again, maybe it is.

tumblr_mu3beosDg91s4lolfo1_500.jpg

- Did you know Women in the IDF serve in front-line...

I think maybe the point was that the infantry are not the only ones involved in combat; not by a long shot. Armor, artillery, RTO's (or whoever has replaced them), air crews, and medics come immediately to mind. Women are there already.
I think the physical training and testing should accurately reflect what is needed for a particular MOS and should be the same for male and female.

I think maybe the point was that the infantry are not the only ones involved in combat; not by a long shot. Armor, artillery, RTO's (or whoever has replaced them), air crews, and medics come immediately to mind. Women are there already.
I think the physical training and testing should accurately reflect what is needed for a particular MOS and should be the same for male and female.
Mp's

Mp's
I know a girl who was an MP. I was talking to her on instant messenger once when she was in Iraq. She suddenly told me she had to go because there was a prison riot and I was like whaaaaaaaaa :eek::eek::eek:

Exactly- I am not opposed to women in those roles- but women should have to meet the same requirements as men do.

Mp's
I know a girl who was an MP. I was talking to her on instant messenger once when she was in Iraq. She suddenly told me she had to go because there was a prison riot and I was like whaaaaaaaaa :eek::eek::eek:
did lynndie tell you how that ended?

;)

Mp's
did lynndie tell you how that ended?

;)
Lol no this was a good MP. I try to never bring up her time in Iraq.

Some people desperately want women to be involved directly in infantry combat operations...not just in support roles with the infantry....is that possible....maybe not...

Articles 60 Minutes and Women in Combat Training

To make the test even more challenging, the candidates do it in full combat gear, which can approach or even exceed a hundred pounds. And just as the Corps has maintained since the push for women in the infantry began a few years ago, it ultimately is the combination of that weight and lack of upper body strength that keeps women from completing the course. The promising young candidate whom reporter Martin followed was done in, like so many others, by a rope climb, where upper body strength is paramount.

Another constant problem on the battlefield is intestinal disorders that many times result in uncontrollable and explosive diarrhea. I couldn’t count how many times I saw a young trooper suddenly dump his gear and drop his trousers right on the trail, in full view of every member of his team. And no one thought anything of it, save the poor guy who had to squat there with his naked butt and his family jewels on full display while he loudly evacuated his bowels to the hoots, laughter, and catcalls of his team. Even routine defecation and urination are public functions for infantrymen, including officers and NCOs. When you are in Indian country, there is absolutely no expectation of privacy, or even a desire for it, because to be out of sight of your team for even minutes is to be at risk of sudden death or capture.

Last thing any man wants to leer at is a woman taking a dump. Outside of Japan and Germany anyway :)

Somehow the Clinton administration managed to convince Americans that they were doing women a favor by placing them in harms way in combat. What could be more ludicrous? The media ignores it because they never saw a democrat they didn't like even when they are directly and indirectly abusers of women. When was the last time the liberal media did a story on the soap operas that U.S. warships have become with women serving alongside men? The pregnancy rate on U.S. warships is sickening and the job is left vacant when a woman is evacuated because of pregnancy. The Clintons forced a woman through Carrier training before she was ready and she killed herself in the worst out of control attempted landing in Carrier history. The Clintons forced the Navy to keep silent and blame mechanical error.

Forum List

Back