Women have the right to control their own bodies.

And if they controlled them a little better, we wouldn't need abortions.
I am all for women being in control of THEIR bodies. You want a boob job, tummy tuck, butt lift, go for it. The pro-"choice" advocates pretend the fetus is an unnecessary piece of fat.

And the pro-lifers pretend the fetus is a full-fledged person. More importantly, they pretend that a pregnant woman's womb is public property.
The human fetus is a human being. Take an elementary biology class. Duh.
I understand the biology just fine. The question is whether a fetus is a separate legal person, with rights that should be protected by the government.
Legality has nothing to do with what is defined as human life. We're talking about human lives here.

I am all for women being in control of THEIR bodies. You want a boob job, tummy tuck, butt lift, go for it. The pro-"choice" advocates pretend the fetus is an unnecessary piece of fat.

And the pro-lifers pretend the fetus is a full-fledged person. More importantly, they pretend that a pregnant woman's womb is public property.
I understand the biology just fine. The question is whether a fetus is a separate legal person, with rights that should be protected by the government.
Legality has nothing to do with what is defined as human life. We're talking about human lives here.
So are immigrants.

The core of prog ideology is a switch from personal accountability to govt. control, as they embrace the victim role. In this instance, the woman is a victim because men are toxic. She's not expected to comprehend cause and effect, and we're going to pay for it.

Strikes me odd that "you can't tell women what to do with their body", considering they're prevented from legal prostitution. Then there's the elephant in the room which is, what about the fetus' body?

This argument will rage back and forth till the end of time. Why not just agree to disagree?
Because some of these jokers want to take away women's right to choose.
Like Obama did with Obamacare?.. You could choose alright, but he stuck it to the woman for making the 'wrong' choice via fines

-Geaux
That's too much of a stretch.
I don't understand. I thought a woman has a right to choose what to do with her body without fear of reprisal?

-Geaux

Women just get stuck holding the bag. They don't get pregnant by themselves. Could we could include another party that perhaps should control themselves a little better, too?
Too stupid to use contraception?
The beaners say its against their religion. California will give out free needles, and condoms to fags, but the straight folks are exempt

-Geaux

Here we go again, with a lot of RW nonsense about abortions. Why don't we just get to the bottom line;

!. It has never been illegal for a woman to abort a fetus. It has only been illegal for a person to PERFORM an abortion
2. The SC has ruled that it is an invasion of a woman's privacy to forbid someone to perform an abortion while the fetus is not viable to live on it's own
3. If your goal is to reverse Roe vs. Wade, then the states get to decide.
4. At least 15 states are never going to outlaw abortion under most circumstances
5. For those who don't live in those states, they can travel to them and have an abortion.
6. For those that can't do that, there is now over the counter European drugs that are available by mail with which a woman can induce her own abortion at home, and nobody would even know it..

So, what the hell are the pro-choice people ranting about? Don't like the morals of a woman who decided to abort a child. Tough shit.

Women just get stuck holding the bag. They don't get pregnant by themselves. Could we could include another party that perhaps should control themselves a little better, too?
The woman has the final say on getting pregnant. Take responsibility.
YOU first.
It's your body. You women keep telling us it's your body, then you want to blame the man. You can't have it both ways.
I am saying the man is one half to blame. That is all.
If the woman says no, there is no blame at all.

Those rights are already protected by the Constitution. The right to LIFE liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Here we go again, with a lot of RW nonsense about abortions. Why don't we just get to the bottom line;

!. It has never been illegal for a woman to abort a fetus. It has only been illegal for a person to PERFORM an abortion
2. The SC has ruled that it is an invasion of a woman's privacy to forbid someone to perform an abortion while the fetus is not viable to live on it's own
3. If your goal is to reverse Roe vs. Wade, then the states get to decide.
4. At least 15 states are never going to outlaw abortion under most circumstances
5. For those who don't live in those states, they can travel to them and have an abortion.
6. For those that can't do that, there is now over the counter European drugs that are available by mail with which a woman can induce her own abortion at home, and nobody would even know it..

So, what the hell are the pro-choice people ranting about? Don't like the morals of a woman who decided to abort a child. Tough shit.

To hell with the woman, I'm more concerned about the murdered infant.

In TN, when a prisoner is executed, the death certificate list cause of death as Homicide

Same should be for abortions after a heartbeat is present

-Geaux

This argument will rage back and forth till the end of time. Why not just agree to disagree?

OK, worse case scenario - SCOTUS overturns Roe v Wade. So, again, for a period of time it is illegal. How long? Only until the next time Democrats control Congress and the White House. They pass and sign into law legislation legalizing abortion in all states, territories and possessions.

Other than that the arguments will never change, or change minds.

It’s called taking responsibility of ones’ actions.
It’s also called obeying the law, respecting the right to privacy, and not violating the Constitution.
The Constitution applies to all humans, including those swaddled inside the body.
When Do Human Beings Begin? From Princeton
Zygote: This cell results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).The expression fertilized ovum refers to a secondary oocyte that is impregnated by a sperm; when fertilization is complete, the oocyte becomes a zygote."10 (Emphasis added.)

This new single-cell human being immediately produces specifically human proteins and enzymes11 (not carrot or frog enzymes and proteins), and genetically directs his/her own growth and development. (In fact, this genetic growth and development has been proven not to be directed by the mother.)12 Finally, this new human being�the single-cell human zygote�is biologically an individual, a living organism�an individual member of the human species. Quoting Larsen:

"... [W]e begin our description of the developing human with the formation and differentiation of the male and female sex cells or gametes, which will unite at fertilization to initiate the embryonic development of a new individual."13

Person definition is - human, individual —sometimes used in combination especially by those who prefer to avoid man in compounds applicable to both sexes. How to use person in a sentence.

Like Obama did with Obamacare?.. You could choose alright, but he stuck it to the woman for making the 'wrong' choice via fines

-Geaux
That's too much of a stretch.
I don't understand. I thought a woman has a right to choose what to do with her body without fear of reprisal?

-Geaux
What does paying for insurance have to do with what she does with her body? Just because she has paid for Obamacare doesn't mean she MUST go to a doctor.

You mean just like they made it illegal to murder someone? That's been around for countless centuries. Why do you feel that babies should be exempt from this protection?

Forum List

Back