Women, Do You Make Your Husbands Do Their Own Laundry?

Should The Husband Be Expected To Do Chores?

• Total voters
With all due respect, don't ask people's opinions and then get pissy when they disagree with what you wanted to hear.

You already stated your opinion though. Now you're repeating and it's coming off as demanding whether you realize it or not. And I'm saying this in a friendly way because you're one of the members on here I like.

How did you go from not being able to get a date to being engaged?

I never said I couldn't get a date though. :/

You already stated your opinion though. Now you're repeating and it's coming off as demanding whether you realize it or not. And I'm saying this in a friendly way because you're one of the members on here I like.

Several times.

Oh, so now you're imposing a "Just have one post in the thread if you don't agree with me, and then I will continue trying to justify the answer I wanted, and you don't get to participate in the conversation any further" rule?

I normally like you quite a bit, and I've been trying in as friendly a way as possible to convey 27 years of experience with being married . . . because YOU ASKED. I'm demanding nothing from you, because ultimately, I don't really care what you do in your relationship. I have a long, happy marriage of my own already, and it really makes no difference to me what other people do. You asked, and I wouldn't have bothered at all, except I do like you.

I stand by my response. Don't ask for opinions if you're going to get your panties in a wad and tell people to mind their own business the instant they don't say what you wanted to hear.

Ohh you were the doctor's wife. Now you are merely engaged.

Lol no, no, no that was merely a username and I got tired of trying to explain that over and over again so that's why I changed it to FJB. (Fuck Joe Biden.)

Oh, so now you're imposing a "Just have one post in the thread if you don't agree with me, and then I will continue trying to justify the answer I wanted, and you don't get to participate in the conversation any further" rule?

I normally like you quite a bit, and I've been trying in as friendly a way as possible to convey 27 years of experience with being married . . . because YOU ASKED. I'm demanding nothing from you, because ultimately, I don't really care what you do in your relationship. I have a long, happy marriage of my own already, and it really makes no difference to me what other people do. You asked, and I wouldn't have bothered at all, except I do like you.

I stand by my response. Don't ask for opinions if you're going to get your panties in a wad and tell people to mind their own business the instant they don't say what you wanted to hear.

Although I think you're overreacting a tad,.. fair enough. :)

My husband and I use completely different products, because we have very different hair and skin issues. Obviously, as a woman, I have a lot more personal products than he does, but I try to make sure he has an ample amount of storage space for what he needs. He, on the other hand, uses up more closet space than I do, simply because he uses it for storage of his comic book collection and game stuff. It's a very careful balancing act, given how little storage space our current home has, and I'm looking forward to buying a house in the next couple of years so we have more room to work with.
My wife gets the extra bedroom as her exercise room. I get the extra bedroom closet for my gaming stuff.

Before we moved, I also got about 100 linear feet of bookshelves for my eight gajillion books.

My wife gets the extra bedroom as her exercise room. I get the extra bedroom closet for my gaming stuff.

Before we moved, I also got about 100 linear feet of bookshelves for my eight gajillion books.

I think when we buy a house, we're going to look for something with an extra room, be it an Arizona room or an extra bedroom or whatever. Then Joe and I can share it for computers, games, crafts, etc. My sister is amazed at the whole idea, because she can't imagine wanting to spend that much time around her husband (although she and my BIL get along very well). On the days Joe helps me make deliveries, I tell her how much we enjoyed spending the day working together, and she just shakes her head like I've said something outrageous.

I think if we get a house with a living room and a family room - which is fairly common around here - we'll probably turn the living room into a library for our tons of books and bookshelves.

If both work, then the chores should be split. Back in the days when I was married, I did my laundry and the wife did hers. We both worked. One thing I always did, though, was do the grocery shopping. Even today I enjoy it. Growing up, my Mom was a housewife and did all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.

I do my own laundry now, too. I fold jeans and shirts (or put them on hangers), but skivvies and socks reside in a laundry basket forever.

So, yeah, if you're both working then split the duties: cooking, cleaning, everything...

I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?
It's all about time.Time poor due to work means the time rich homey does it with the former doing so when reasonable. No red lines imo.

Greg

Forum List

Back