Woman tells police not to arrest her because she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Did she just "play the race card"? Sure there's no such thing as "white priviledge"...
not
Woman tells police not to arrest her because she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'

ATLANTA (AP) — A woman seen speeding through a stop sign at 60 mph (97 kph) told officers they shouldn't arrest her because she's a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl," police said.

Her eyes glossy and bloodshot, Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was slurring her words and a breathalyzer showed her blood-alcohol level at .18 percent, according to police in Bluffton, South Carolina.

But Cutshaw, 32, told the arresting officer she shouldn't be jailed because she was a cheerleader, a dancer and a sorority girl who graduated from a "high accredited university."

Taken to the police station in handcuffs, she described herself as a white "thoroughbred" and "went on to say 'I'm a white, clean girl,'" the officer wrote in his report.

"I asked what that had to do with anything?" wrote the officer, who also is white.

She replied, "You're a cop, you should know what that means," and, "You're a cop, you should know based on the people that come in this room."

Also, "she repeatedly stated, 'my partner is a cop,'" and said she'd been trying to get to her boyfriend's house when she was pulled over early Saturday.​

Did she just "play the race card"? Sure there's no such thing as "white priviledge"...
not

ATLANTA (AP) — A woman seen speeding through a stop sign at 60 mph (97 kph) told officers they shouldn't arrest her because she's a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl," police said.

Her eyes glossy and bloodshot, Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was slurring her words and a breathalyzer showed her blood-alcohol level at .18 percent, according to police in Bluffton, South Carolina.

But Cutshaw, 32, told the arresting officer she shouldn't be jailed because she was a cheerleader, a dancer and a sorority girl who graduated from a "high accredited university."

Taken to the police station in handcuffs, she described herself as a white "thoroughbred" and "went on to say 'I'm a white, clean girl,'" the officer wrote in his report.

"I asked what that had to do with anything?" wrote the officer, who also is white.

She replied, "You're a cop, you should know what that means," and, "You're a cop, you should know based on the people that come in this room."

Also, "she repeatedly stated, 'my partner is a cop,'" and said she'd been trying to get to her boyfriend's house when she was pulled over early Saturday.​
It would only be privilege if she wasn’t arrested. This is a non story

not

It would only be privilege if she wasn’t arrested. This is a non story

^^^^ This.

I'm sure there are any number of examples that could be found to indicate white privilege in police interactions. This incident, in which the woman was arrested, does not seem to be one of them. If anything, this incident could be used by something trying to argue against the idea of white privilege.

not

What bullshit, she got arrested racist liar.

not

What bullshit, she got arrested racist liar.

The OP is focused on race like a laser. It's not healthy ...and probably racist

I got stopped doing 75 in a 55 a couple years ago. I handed the officer my driver's license, proof of insurance, and concealed carry card when he got to the window. He still wrote me a ticket.

So much for "white privilege."

I got stopped doing 75 in a 55 a couple years ago. I handed the officer my driver's license, proof of insurance, and concealed carry card when he got to the window. He still wrote me a ticket.

Then by the logic used by these racists, you cannot be white!

Me too, thank you. I earned the distinction of being a Georgia super speeder for which I forked over another 200 dollars.

Last edited:

Hubs got caught doing 87 in a 65 once, cop accidentally cleared the radar so hubs got off. He told me once always request to see the speed they say they clocked you at.

Cop was good nature about it, told my husband he dodged one

Hubs got caught doing 87 in a 65 once, cop accidentally cleared the radar so hubs got off. He told me once always request to see the speed they say they clocked you at.

Cop was good nature about it, told my husband he dodged one

Winner!

not

Thank you for showing everyone that white privilege doesnt exist. Its good to see you embracing the truth now.

not

So white privilege means if you break the law, you are arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail? How in the heck is that white privilege? You have some messed up logic.

My husband's WP is so high that he gets pulled over for things like "dim headlights" and "crossed solid white line while turning right" etc. We've only ever had to pay one ticket, $500 for not having a rear bumper on the truck (I don't think it's even illegal, but hubby didn't want to fight it so he just paid,) every other ticket we've gotten was a "fix it" or a "warning" ticket. I got a fix it for the licence plate lights being covered with snow once >.<

Thank you for showing everyone that white privilege doesnt exist. Its good to see you embracing the truth now.
Right over your heads huh...she wouldn't have "tried" to exert her priviledge if she didn't believe it existed. The fact that she failed (this particular officer was having none of it) has no bearing on her attempt. Afterall she said that she shouldn't be arrested because "she's a clean thoroughbred WHITE girl"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back