Witness who saw the towers collapse on 9/11.

they survived for something like half an hour---
That's not correct.

WTC1 was hit at 8:46am and collapsed at 10:28am. It stood for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
WTC2 was hit at 9:03am and collapsed at 9:59am. It stood for about 45 minutes before collapsing.

Not sure where you got "half an hour".

The point being that they DID survive impact of the jets.

the FIRES never went out-----more and more HIGH ENERGY materials reached FLASH POINT and added
to the ongoing INTENSIVE HEAT producing combustion
What does your post above have to do with the question I asked Rigby5 to explain what was meant by "And the collapsing floors do NOT add more weight,"?

That's not correct.

WTC1 was hit at 8:46am and collapsed at 10:28am. It stood for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
WTC2 was hit at 9:03am and collapsed at 9:59am. It stood for about 45 minutes before collapsing.

I got 1/2 hour because I STOOD AT THE WINDOW AND WATCHED-----I did not look at the clock-----and it happened long ago. The thick white smoke fascinated me. The building stayed "UP" for so long that I was confident that everyone would get out-----then one suddenly collapsed-----and then the second and then the really bad news. Yes---I saw the second impact---it was a GIANT FLASH and then the white smoke rose from the second building. When the second plane hit, I knew it was TERRORISM. Why is the survival on impact "THE POINT"???? It was the continued combustion of HIGH
ENERGY PLASTICS that brought about the fall in my junior high school chemistry educated mind

That's not correct.

What does your post above have to do with the question I asked Rigby5 to explain what was meant by "And the collapsing floors do NOT add more weight,"?
oh RIGBY----he did not pass Junior High School
chemistry

oh RIGBY----he did not pass Junior High School
You need to fix you post #882 so it shows the proper quote. Should look like below, not that it was me saying it.
I got 1/2 hour because I STOOD AT THE WINDOW AND WATCHED-----I did not look at the clock-----and it happened long ago. The thick white smoke fascinated me. The building stayed "UP" for so long that I was confident that everyone would get out-----then one suddenly collapsed-----and then the second and then the really bad news. Yes---I saw the second impact---it was a GIANT FLASH and then the white smoke rose from the second building. When the second plane hit, I knew it was TERRORISM. Why is the survival on impact "THE POINT"???? It was the continued combustion of HIGH
ENERGY PLASTICS that brought about the fall in my junior high school chemistry educated mind
It was the plane impact damaging and severing columns plus the resultant fires that brought down the towers. We are in agreement.

In the first collapse the north tower would have jack-knifed down, the south would have probably collapsed about 5 -10 floors and stopped up there.....tower 7 should have never collapsed.

Are you a structural engineer? The north Tower wasn't knocked over. It's spine was cut. Of course it fell down. That's how gravity works.

We're you ever in the WTC?

You need to fix you post #882 so it shows the proper quote. Should look like below, not that it was me saying it.

It was the plane impact damaging and severing columns plus the resultant fires that brought down the towers. We are in agreement.

I knew the buildings would come down. I'm surprised they stood as long as they did. The buildings were willow reeds . Are you familiar with any of the architect's other buildings? Yamasaki never planned for a high speed direct hit. Nor did he expect New Jersey to compromise his design.

I knew the buildings would come down. I'm surprised they stood as long as they did. The buildings were willow reeds . Are you familiar with any of the architect's other buildings? Yamasaki never planned for a high speed direct hit. Nor did he expect New Jersey to compromise his design.
They also never analyzed the effect the resultant fires from impacts would have on the structure.

They also never analyzed the effect the resultant fires from impacts would have on the structure.

Seems to me it was a cascading event. I watched in horror praying get out, get out. I despise the conspiracy nuts trying to capitalize on the horrific tragedy.

An impulse, quick sudden force, is not more damaging then a slow and steady force of equal value.
You sure about that?

The ratio of stress-induced due to sudden applied axial load to stress-induced due to gradually applied axial load on a bar is 2.

"Engineers are waking up"?!?!

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

How about some numbers regarding all these "engineers waking up" garbage.

Engineers in the US alone, not counting architects (using just the disciplines I looked up below):
Civil/Structural engineers - 54,625
Mechanical engineers: - 288,800
Chemical engineers - 32,700
Electrical engineers - 186,020
Agricultural engineers - 1,120
Mining/Geological engineers - 7,370
Software engineers: - 687,276

Architects: - 116,242 (as of 2019)

That's 1,374,153 architects engineers. A&E has 3,519 architect and engineers who signed their stupid petition as of today.

That's .256% of the total architect and engineering (of the disciplines I used). I didn't even count other countries!

Yeah, engineers are "waking up" all right. What a joke!

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, that all burned up in twenty minutes according to NIST.
You're wrong.

Consistent with available photographic and videographic evidence, NIST computer simulations capture the broad patterns of fire movement around the floors, with flames in a given location lasting for about 20 min before spreading to adjacent, yet unburned combustibles; some observed instances where fires persisted longer in regions with accumulated combustible debris; other instances of sudden or interrupted fire spread.

The important part:
with flames in a given location lasting for about 20 min before spreading to adjacent, yet unburned combustibles;

Last edited:

Forum List

Back