With the New Beatles Video Release, a Great Movie Supplement

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Great job by Peter Jackson

If you like the Beatles, the movie to watch:
1699145834934.jpeg

What if a struggling musician wakes up from an accident and nobody’s ever heard of the Beatles?

A better documentary that would be more accurate -

Beatles: The most over rated band in musical history.

This is not to say they were no good, it is to say they were not half as good as portrayed.
If you were to play every single song they did - you would see that less than half of what they recorded was any good. And that is being generous.
They recorded some REALLY good songs. But mostly they recorded bubble gum kiddie pop, songs that literally sound like a rhyme made for preschoolers, and experimental crap.
Peppered here and there with an occasional genius.

I agree that they were way over rated.

Their bubble gum songs got teenage girls wet but not much more.

Their drug songs were atrocious.

They had a few decent songs but they were nowhere near being as good as most people think.

Jan and Dean, The Righteous Brothers or Roy Orbison were better.

Nowadays I almost cringe when I hear one of the Beatle songs being played in the elevator.

I agree that they were way over rated.

Their bubble gum songs got teenage girls wet but not much more.

Their drug songs were atrocious.

They had a few decent songs but they were nowhere near being as good as most people think.

Jan and Dean, The Righteous Brothers or Roy Orbison were better.

Nowadays I almost cringe when I hear one of the Beatle songs being played in the elevator.
Rot Orbison is a good example. And what a tragedy. Who can say what great songs that were never written due to him going into deep depression over losing his family.

And in the end - the Beatles self imploded.
Both Harrison and Lennon were beginning to loathe McCartney and his unwillingness to give up writing songs for 12 year olds.
Displayed perfectly by the video the day Harrison quit the band. In that video Lennon told McCartney "Why are we even practicing? This song is meaningless, who cares what the guitar sounds like? We don't do songs that mean anything anymore?" And then right in the middle of McCartney wanting to play the song that everyone hated but him again - pops off Harrison "well, I am leaving then..." McCartney "what do you mean leaving?" Harrison "I am leaving the band".

Forum List

Back