With the high incidence of hypertension and heart disease this is a great idea

If it's required by law, then it could be a TAX WRITE OFF.

If you think spending money simply for a tax write off is good business then you don't know squat about business

that's not quite what I said.

Then why put tax write off in all caps?

I said it COULD be a TAX WRITE OFF. Where in that did I say that 'spending money SIMPLY for a tax write off is good business?' There are many things & reasons to do something in particular that makes a good business decision.

Tell me what on earth do you think is so great about a TAX WRITE OFF?

ANd really when it comes to spending money for a business the only good decision is if the money you spend results in a net gain

Being forced to comply with all these stupid warnings does nothing but make everything cost more for the consumer and all the information in these ineffective warings ia already available to the public for FREE

Uh-huh...

Healthcare costs for lung cancer or some other kind use to outright bankrupt someone & people have lost their homes... THEN who pays 'eh? And there are plans that still make you pay out the ass...THAT'S our for profit healthcare system, skulldude.

Who pays when a person goes bankrupt

Not you unless you happen to be owed money by the person filing

I'm betting you think healthcare should be completely privatized & a for profit entity...

lol, am I right?

I bet you think I should pay for your health care

oh no worries skull dude... right now you don't pay a thing for me... I have a nice little Cadillac plan. however, I think everybody should pay into the kittie one way or the other for healthcare. i'd be willing to pay higher taxes... higher gas prices, & a little extra for a lousy pizza if that meant I or anybody else would not have to pay another premium, co pay, or co insurance ever again, & lose everything they have because of illness or an accident. in fact- tack on an extra dollar or 2 for tobacco to help pad that coffer & keep calling it a sin tax.

Then why don't you lead by example and send in some extra money to the US treasury I'm sure the government would be more than happy to take it

Uh-huh... right now I do that in the way of contributing to charity...

Who pays when a person goes bankrupt

Not you unless you happen to be owed money by the person filing

I'm betting you think healthcare should be completely privatized & a for profit entity...

lol, am I right?

oh no worries skull dude... right now you don't pay a thing for me... I have a nice little Cadillac plan. however, I think everybody should pay into the kittie one way or the other for healthcare. i'd be willing to pay higher taxes... higher gas prices, & a little extra for a lousy pizza if that meant I or anybody else would not have to pay another premium, co pay, or co insurance ever again, & lose everything they have because of illness or an accident. in fact- tack on an extra dollar or 2 for tobacco to help pad that coffer & keep calling it a sin tax.

Then why don't you lead by example and send in some extra money to the US treasury I'm sure the government would be more than happy to take it

Why give to charity when you can give to the government after all you said you wanted to pay more taxes so go ahead no one is stopping you.

It always comes down to the fact that you people who want everyone else to pay for shit via higher taxes never seem to want to pony up and do it

lol, am I right?

Why give to charity when you can give to the government after all you said you wanted to pay more taxes so go ahead no one is stopping you.

It always comes down to the fact that you people who want everyone else to pay for shit via higher taxes never seem to want to pony up and do it

Because right now, universal healthcare is not a law. when it becomes one, then that IS where my tax dollars will head. lol...' you' people..... LOL!!!!!

My tax dollars are already paying for what business' should be doing.

do 'you' people want the government to keep doling out $$$ in the form of Medicaid, because big corp ( Walmart, McDonald's, etc...) doesn't offer healthcare to its less than management worker bees?

of course.

Last edited:

Because right now, universal healthcare is not a law. when it becomes one, then that IS where my tax dollars will head. lol...' you' people..... LOL!!!!!

My tax dollars are already paying for what business' should be doing.

do 'you' people want the government to keep doling out $$$ in the form of Medicaid, because big corp ( Walmart, McDonald's, etc...) doesn't offer healthcare to its less than management worker bees?

of course.

So you're only for helping people pay for their health insurance if the government forces you to

got it

This should be rolled out nationwide as information will help make choices easier. In addition if people make decisions based on data it may impact health care and and associated high costs of treatment and use of medications

New York adopts first US menu salt warnings

New York on Tuesday became the first U.S. city to adopt salt warnings on restaurant menus for food containing more than the daily recommended limit, in a bid to fight heart disease.

The law applies to chains with more than 15 restaurants across the country, and requires a saltshaker icon next to items that contain 2.3 grams or more of sodium — about a teaspoon's worth.

It also requires chains to post a warning statement advising that high sodium intake can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke — the two biggest killers in America.

Bullshit. If you have too much sodium in your system then your kidneys filter it and you literally just piss it out of your body.

Sodium does not cause chronic high blood pressure.

This should be rolled out nationwide as information will help make choices easier. In addition if people make decisions based on data it may impact health care and and associated high costs of treatment and use of medications

New York on Tuesday became the first U.S. city to adopt salt warnings on restaurant menus for food containing more than the daily recommended limit, in a bid to fight heart disease.

The law applies to chains with more than 15 restaurants across the country, and requires a saltshaker icon next to items that contain 2.3 grams or more of sodium — about a teaspoon's worth.

It also requires chains to post a warning statement advising that high sodium intake can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke — the two biggest killers in America.

Bullshit. If you have too much sodium in your system then your kidneys filter it and you literally just piss it out of your body.

it certainly can lead to it. it over taxes the kidneys, much like excess sugar over taxes the pancreas which can lead to diabetes.

it certainly can lead to it. it over taxes the kidneys, much like excess sugar over taxes the pancreas which can lead to diabetes.
Bullshit.

You obviously don't know jack shit about medical science.

Bullshit.

uh-huh. rather the other way around.

Bullshit.

Only in your wildest fantasies.

Bullshit.

He always tries to pull this bullshit as if he knows anything about it. :rolleyes-41: Yeah sure, ignore the doctors and listen to some random dude on the internet. Lol.

Bullshit.

ummmm.....noooooooo....... that would be scientific research agreeing with me turban dude.

an unbiased, reputable & University level acceptable fact source:

Salt, blood pressure and health: a cautionary tale

Last edited:

Bullshit.

ummmm.....noooooooo....... that would be scientific research agreeing with me turban dude.

Your link does not support your claim.

Bullshit.

'...
The Link of Salt to Blood Pressure
Recognition of the strong, continuous, independent, and significant relationship of blood pressure to the occurrence of cerebral, cardiac, and renal disease, provided the reasonable stimulus for seeking safe, simple, and effective means for reducing blood pressure on a population-wide basis. Dietary intake of sodium, or salt, both because of its ubiquity in the human diet, and its centrality in determining blood volume, presented an obvious opportunity to intervene on blood pressure. The first indication that differences in dietary sodium might explain variation in blood pressure came from cross-cultural studies...'

'...Blood pressure is not even the only haemodynamic effect of variation in dietary sodium. Increasing attention is being paid to arterial compliance as a measure of vascular health. New, non-invasive techniques now make it possible to assess compliance in the clinical setting. It has been shown that in hypertensive and normal subjects, arterial compliance is positively related to urinary sodium excretion.10 This finding is, of course, consistent with the positive relation of blood volume to compliance previously reported.11'

ummm, ya it does.

Bullshit.

'...
Recognition of the strong, continuous, independent, and significant relationship of blood pressure to the occurrence of cerebral, cardiac, and renal disease, provided the reasonable stimulus for seeking safe, simple, and effective means for reducing blood pressure on a population-wide basis. Dietary intake of sodium, or salt, both because of its ubiquity in the human diet, and its centrality in determining blood volume, presented an obvious opportunity to intervene on blood pressure. The first indication that differences in dietary sodium might explain variation in blood pressure came from cross-cultural studies...'

'...Blood pressure is not even the only haemodynamic effect of variation in dietary sodium. Increasing attention is being paid to arterial compliance as a measure of vascular health. New, non-invasive techniques now make it possible to assess compliance in the clinical setting. It has been shown that in hypertensive and normal subjects, arterial compliance is positively related to urinary sodium excretion.10 This finding is, of course, consistent with the positive relation of blood volume to compliance previously reported.11'

ummm, ya it does.
Brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Bullshit.

'...

ummm, ya it does.
Salt is vital for good health, but not the white processed shit most Americans use. This doctor, who knows a lot about nutrition unlike most of them, lays it out for you.

This book will show you why salt is the most mistunderstood nutrient. See how adding the right kind of salt to your diet can help:

• Fatigue
  • Adrenal Disorders
  • Immune System Function
  • Thyroid Disorders
  • Headaches
  • Cholesterol Levels
  • Blood Pressure
For years, we have heard the following: A low-salt diet is healthy. There is no difference between table salt and sea salt. Low-salt products are better for you. These are the myths of salt. Dr. Brownstein will present the research on salt that will change the way you look at this vital substance.

All of these comments are believed to be true, both by physicians and lay people. Dr. Brownstein will show you what are the myths of salt and why adding the correct form of salt to your diet can markedly improve your health. Salt Your Way to Health, 2nd Edition will challenge each of the above statements and give you a healthier alternative to regular table salt.

This book will show you:

• The Difference Between Unrefined and Refined Salt
  • The Toxicity of Refined Salt
  • The Mineral Content in Unrefined Salt < Low-Salt of Fallacy>
  • The Relationship Between Salt Deficiency and Hormonal Imbalances
  • Balance and Replenish Minerals
Salt: Your Way to Health - Dr. David Brownstein - Holistic Family Practitioner

Forum List

Back