With the high incidence of hypertension and heart disease this is a great idea

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
This should be rolled out nationwide as information will help make choices easier. In addition if people make decisions based on data it may impact health care and and associated high costs of treatment and use of medications

New York adopts first US menu salt warnings

New York on Tuesday became the first U.S. city to adopt salt warnings on restaurant menus for food containing more than the daily recommended limit, in a bid to fight heart disease.

The law applies to chains with more than 15 restaurants across the country, and requires a saltshaker icon next to items that contain 2.3 grams or more of sodium — about a teaspoon's worth.

It also requires chains to post a warning statement advising that high sodium intake can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke — the two biggest killers in America.

New York adopts first US menu salt warnings

Puhlease

This is stupid and it won't stop anyone from ordering the shit chain restaurants serve

You do realize that any dish with a teaspoon (that's right a teaspoon) of salt gets one of those stupid triangles don't you?

• Banned
In 2008, New York became the first U.S. city to force chain restaurants to include calorie counts on menus — which will now become federal law from Dec. 1, 2016.

Eat pleanty of salt, have no such issues. One-sized fits all diet advice doesn't work because everyone's different.

Psychological stress is the actual problem. If people 'destressed' more they owuldn't have these problems regardless of other factors.

If all the current knowledge we think we understand actually worked, then by all rights there shoulda been no old people in the distant past. Average life expectency was lower, but there's always been exceptions which had nothing to do with diet, exercise, medicine, etc.

Go back to ancient times and by modern standards of health everyone shoulda been dying when they hit puberty. :)

• Banned
If all the current knowledge we think we understand actually worked, then by all rights there shoulda been no old people in the distant past. Average life expectency was lower, but there's always been exceptions which had nothing to do with diet, exercise, medicine, etc.

Go back to ancient times and by modern standards of health everyone shoulda been dying when they hit puberty. :)
Most of the salt comes from processed foods, in ancient time there were no processed foods

Processed Foods: Where is all that salt coming from?

Most of the salt comes from processed food, in ancient time there were no processed foods
Everyone knows if you don't eat processed shit then you won't have to worry about sodium

so tell me why would putting those stupid triangles on every menu item stop people who already know the shit they eat at these places is full of salt from ordering it anyway

• Banned
Real vs Processed Food
The word “processed” often causes some confusion, so let me clarify what I mean.

Obviously, most foods we eat are processed in some way. Apples are cut from trees, ground beef has been ground in a machine and butter is cream that has been separated from the milk and churned.

But there is a difference between mechanical processing and chemical processing.

If it’s a single ingredient food with no added chemicals, then it doesn’t matter if it’s been ground or put into a jar. It’s still real food.

However… foods that have been chemically processed and made solely from refined ingredients and artificial substances, are what is generally known as “processed food.”

9 Ways That Processed Foods Are Harming People

• Banned

Most of the salt comes from processed food, in ancient time there were no processed foods
Everyone knows if you don't eat processed shit then you won't have to worry about sodium

so tell me why would putting those stupid triangles on every menu item stop people who already know the shit they eat at these places is full of salt from ordering it anyway

not everyone knows the high amount of sodium in a fast food item

OMG of course they do

FOr christs sake just ask anyone if a fucking big mac is healthier than a kale salad

Stress is reduced greatly by avoiding exposure to moonbat venom, and ridiculing these prog turds.

You don't even need to read their asinine shit, the thread titles are usually stupid enough for a punchline.

There are plenty of ignorant people around... EVERYBODY knows that seatbelts saves lives...EVERYBODY knows smoke detectors saves lives....EVERYBODY knows driving whilst using a cell phone or texting can cause accidents....

There's no harm & no foul in educating & the info is there for people to decide whether they will still order that dish or not. It's not any different than posting if a dish has peanuts/nuts or dairy in it for those with allergies. I don't know about others, but I like to know what is in the food I'm eating.

OMG of course they do

FOr christs sake just ask anyone if a fucking big mac is healthier than a kale salad

I doubt EVERYBODY knows... but even so... it's not just the fast food chains. It's chain restaurants that serve a more eclectic menu. Even food 'made from scratch' can have a high sodium content & if you don't taste it... doesn't mean it's not in there.

OMG of course they do

OMG of course they do

I doubt EVERYBODY knows... but even so... it's not just the fast food chains. It's chain restaurants that serve a more eclectic menu. Even food 'made from scratch' can have a high sodium content & if you don't taste it... doesn't mean it's not in there.

Yeah they call a teaspoon high sodium

Stress is reduced greatly by avoiding exposure to moonbat venom, and ridiculing these prog turds.

You don't even need to read their asinine shit, the thread titles are usually stupid enough for a punchline.

Good pete you and your ilk should pile the salt and fat on but don't whine when health care costs keep rising, it will be natures way of culling the gene pool. Nope, cannot have information so people can make choices on which food have the lower sodium level, its all a communist plot so Obama can control you!!!

Last edited:

OMG of course they do

OMG of course they do

You mean the medical field that has conducted extensive research?

OMG of course they do

OMG of course they do

You tell me

Is a teaspoon of salt too much?

OMG of course they do

OMG of course they do

You tell me

When you have high blood pressure it is. When you have pre hypertension it is. One problem is there are high numbers of people that are hypertensive & don't even know it.... it's called the 'silent killer' for a reason & if there's a family history & you want to try to avoid getting it, or making it worse... then this is a good way to help. Why are you against having the information to decide for yourself?

OMG of course they do

OMG of course they do

You tell me

When you have high blood pressure it is. When you have pre hypertension it is. One problem is there are high numbers of people that are hypertensive & don't even know it.... it's called the 'silent killer' for a reason & if there's a family history & you want to try to avoid getting it, or making it worse... then this is a good way to help. Why are you against having the information to decide for yourself?
Sorry but if you know you have HBP then you don't order the fried chicken

And you take your meds

You tell me

Sorry but if you know you have HBP then you don't order the fried chicken

And you take your meds

no kidding.... but you ignored the rest of what I said. fried chicken is one thing.... but many other dishes have high salt & YOU DON'T KNOW IT. And many people DON"T WANT TO GET HIGH BP... so TO HELP AVOID GETTING IT, ONE SHOULD KNOW THE HIDDEN HIGH SODIUM IN FOODS.

knowledge is power & you are just promoting willful ignorance.

Forum List

Back