With Our Victory Of Roe Being Overturned, Next Target--Same Sex Marriage!

2. Ethical - Homosexuality is arguably unnatural and goes against the proper natural order where children are created from a loving relationship and are raised by a loving mother and father.
Homosexuality is arguably natural since it has been found in all human cultures over all of history as well as in various other species.
But even if you can say that it is unnatural , that does not make it unethical

As far as having children goes, many gay couples also havechildren in a loving relationship. If you are going to say that homosexuality is unethical because they can't have children 1 on 1 , then all of those heterosexual couples who can't havechildren in the usual way are also unethical. To me, and to most, something is unethical if it some way harms others . So no there is not ethical reason to oppose homosexuality

Homosexuality is arguably natural since it has been found in all human cultures over all of history as well as in various other species.
But even if you can say that it is unnatural , that does not make it unethical

As far as having children goes, many gay couples also havechildren in a loving relationship. If you are going to say that homosexuality is unethical because they can't have children 1 on 1 , then all of those heterosexual couples who can't havechildren in the usual way are also unethical. To me, and to most, something is unethical if it some way harms others . So no there is not ethical reason to oppose homosexuality
Homosexuals are harmful to society. Their pedophilia urges put children in danger, especially when they adopt them. It's a mental sickness.

There is nothing in the constitution about marriage at all. However, legal mariage has developed in a way that it is treated as a right. Before Obergefell, any two people of the opposite sex could request a marrige license that would be granted as long as they meet some basic requirements like being of a certain age and not being closely related. Aside from that sort of thing, being allowed to marry was taken for granted. Obergefell found that there was no compelling government reason or eational basis to not afford gay couples the same treatment. So no, there is no constitutional justificatio

As I mentioned, those were not necessarily my opinions, and I posted in this thread my agreement that the Constitution provides for same sex marriage, but that's just my interpretation, and I am by no means a Constitutional scholar.

Others would argue that since marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution, that it should be only regulated by the states.

If taken to extreme, the species dies (without advanced technologies), so it is arguably unnatural as well.

And some people think it is simply gross.

You asked for some secular reasons people might be opposed to homosexuality or gay marriage, so I provided some. Like many things, it's a complicated subject with a variety of opinions. I have my own, but I can also accept that others have equally-valid opinions on controversial subjects.

Regards,
Jim

While I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, it is not a federal issue any more than abortion.

People should have the same RIGHTS throughout the country. It's should NOT be legal for gays to marry in one state, and not another.

Voting rights should be the same nation wide, as well as abortion rights and marriage rights. Education too.

Thats what libs said before the court legalized gay marriage

I dont know how soon liberals will regain the majority in the SC

Even if it takes decades - or a century - your side will legalize pedophilia some day using the court system
That is just fucking moronic! What evidence do you have that "liberals" want to legalize pedophilia or beastiality. Spell it out Bubba. I don't have time for pissing matches with idiots.

And Justice Clarence Thomas concurs. This degeneracy must end. It should be outlawed. God forbids it!

We owe a debt of gratitude to the SCOTUS. With one fell swoop, they guaranteed the Democrats full control of the House and Senate after the fall elections, WiTH Veto override majorities and the ability to pass filibuster proof legislation.

And, they guaranteed a second term for President Biden with a landslide victory in 2024 greater than the one in 2020.

Bigly!!!

She is arguing that a baby is not a living being until they receive the breath of life, meaning they are delivered, their lungs are cleared and they breath air into their lungs. How is that jumping to conclusions?

I know what she meant. I have children. Your assumption that a baby can be aborted five minutes before delivery is your idiocy.

How will America be better if gay marriage is ended?

These people want gays back in the closet and out of public view because they're insecure about their own sexuality. Those who hate gays the most, are secretly afraid they may be gay.

I do believe women get breaks from work due to pregnancy conditions already.

Women get FIRED from their jobs when they get pregnant. Especially low income women, because they're easily replaced.

As I mentioned, those were not necessarily my opinions, and I posted in this thread my agreement that the Constitution provides for same sex marriage, but that's just my interpretation, and I am by no means a Constitutional scholar.

Others would argue that since marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution, that it should be only regulated by the states.
Marriage is regulated by the states. But as with all matters that fall within the purview of the states, the state must abide by the constitution. Besides gay marriage and interracial marriage, there have been numerous others marriage issues that federal courts saw fit to set limits for the states in on how they regulate it. Forinstancce, incarcerated people have the right to marry because of a SCOTUS ruling

Nope, the people is not the State imo.

And if there are no fundamental rights, and due process of those, then our rights on many many many things, can just disappear with a supreme court opinion on a party line vote.

Contraception, inter racial marriage, same sex marriage, the right to be the peop!e in charge of their own children, and marriage, and medical decisions, and our bodies, what kind of sex you are having, whether you can wear a rubber or not, liberty, etc etc etc..... All of the SC cases and their rulings of this kind of stuff stopped the States from their over reach to control our lives and thwart our liberty, can now all be over ruled and REVERSED because of this decision on Roe.... Is what I am reading up on it.....???

The SCOTUS function is to rule on laws made by congress not to make law. 50 years ago the leftist justices made a bad law based on feelings and then your politicians told you through their media allies it was a constitutional law. It never was . Blame them.

And what's wrong with that - if the people of a state don't think interracial marriage is appropriate?

"Just call it a civil union and I'll be okay with it!" :crybaby:
If someone doesn't like gay marriage they shouldn't get gay married.

The SCOTUS function is to rule on laws made by congress not to make law. 50 years ago the leftist justices made a bad law based on feelings and then your politicians told you through their media allies it was a constitutional law. It never was . Blame them.

Abortion is a medical procedure and should be between a woman and her doctor.

You asked for some secular reasons people might be opposed to homosexuality or gay marriage, so I provided some. Like many things, it's a complicated subject with a variety of opinions. I have my own, but I can also accept that others have equally-valid opinions on controversial subjects.
Thank you. A rare voice of ballance and reason on the USMB

Forum List

Back