Wind Turbines Contributing to Man Made Global Warming

Got to use coal to make copper, steel, and fiberglass, so yes, coal is required.
LOL

A steel mill in Pueblo operated by Russian manufacturer Evraz Plc that melts and repurposes scrap metal is installing 750,000 solar panels, according to a statement Wednesday. It will come online in November and could fuel almost all of the energy needed by the mill.Oct 13, 2021

Why not include the fact that, after all those Wind Turbines failed, the company that built them filed for bankruptcy?

Maybe Texas should of invested in more Nuclear power for 1% of the cost of wind?
And what company was that, Mrs. Elektra? Or is this just another lie among all the lies you post.

electricity from wind and solar is not used to make copper, anywhere.

If you think so you should be able to easily find that link with google. So go ahead, post something other than opinion.
Once again, Mrs. Elektra is doing her best to prove her stupidity. Here are the usual methods for refining copper, and electricity, from whatever source, is a primary part of the process.

Strange, windmills failed in texas, and now in europe and britain. But hey, you guys got the science to fix them, which is you only have to make them BIGGER.

Strange is calling anything associated with windmills, science.
The biggest failure in Texas was the dumb asses that did not prepare any of their generation facilities for winter. The biggest loss of power was from frozen valves in the gas pipelines. And then there were the frozen water lines that shut down coal fired plants and nuclear power stations. But you are going to avoid mentioning those, and just lie to blame it all on windmills. You are a lying fool, Mrs. Elektra.

You are the moron promoting a technology that is centuries old you halfwit.

Here's a hint....that ain't progress.
Westwall, who claims to be a Phd geologist, is now in a kissing relationship with one of the dumbest posters on this board. So, Westwall, you also think that windmills warm the planet. LOL!

Westwall, who claims to be a Phd geologist, is now in a kissing relationship with one of the dumbest posters on this board. So, Westwall, you also think that windmills warm the planet. LOL!

I never said that. I said they are a waste. Kill endangered birds and bats, and are a old technology.

You rubes keep pointing at them going ooh ooh ooh, and intelligent people look at em and say, "we abandoned those crappy things hundreds of rear ago".

I never said that. I said they are a waste. Kill endangered birds and bats, and are a old technology.

You rubes keep pointing at them going ooh ooh ooh, and intelligent people look at em and say, "we abandoned those crappy things hundreds of rear ago".
We abandoned them hundreds of years ago? What the hell are all those things on both sides of the Columbia east of The Dalles? What are those things all over Texas? You are sounding more and more like Mrs. Elektra. LOL

While Webber said all of Texas’ energy sources share blame for the power crisis, the natural gas industry is most notably producing significantly less power than normal.

“Gas is failing in the most spectacular fashion right now,” Webber said.

LOL

A steel mill in Pueblo operated by Russian manufacturer Evraz Plc that melts and repurposes scrap metal is installing 750,000 solar panels, according to a statement Wednesday. It will come online in November and could fuel almost all of the energy needed by the mill.Oct 13, 2021

liar, prove it, the link does not work. All you ever post is crap. Broken links. I guess I dont blame old croc, if he/she posts a good link it always prove old croc wrong

liar, prove it, the link does not work. All you ever post is crap. Broken links. I guess I dont blame old croc, if he/she posts a good link it always prove old croc wrong
The Bloomberg link is limited view (behind a pay wall) and secured against bots. Are you a bot? The other is just a youtube video and works fine.

The Bloomberg link is limited view (behind a pay wall) and secured against bots. Are you a bot? The other is just a youtube video and works fine.
So, as I stated, the Bloomberg link does not work. The video is a big so what. Nothing relevant. If one can not link and quote and offer commentary on said link, than all you are doing is spamming the OP with junk.

And you previous comment to a link with an article, what a crock of shit. I have my response, which is pretty good.

LOL So hard to look it up on google, took all of 2 seconds.

So, as I stated, the Bloomberg link does not work. The video is a big so what. Nothing relevant. If one can not link and quote and offer commentary on said link, than all you are doing is spamming the OP with junk.

And you previous comment to a link with an article, what a crock of shit. I have my response, which is pretty good.
What you are really saying, Mrs. Elektra, is that you will do anything to protect your ignorance. Except for the reheat furnace, and natural gas torches, the entire plant is Portland, Oregon is also powered by renewable power. And some of the torches have been replaced by cutting lasers.

No, frozen wind turbines aren’t the main culprit for Texas’ power outages​

Lost wind power was expected to be a fraction of winter generation. All sources — from natural gas, to nuclear, to coal, to solar — have struggled to generate power during the storm that has left millions of Texans in the dark.
??????

Wind Turbines are not to blame when they fail? It is everyone else's fault? Wind power was expected to be a fraction yet they brag that they surpass all other sources of power? Wind is making claims it can supply electricity, and does. Except when the wind does not blow, which happened during this cold weather. The wind dropped to 2 mph. Texas does not have back-up capacity for when wind fails. Hence when wind failed, they lost all the "promised" electricity. Natural Gas came through a hero. Natural Gas diverted it's excess capacity to provide heating. Thank god Natural Gas saved Texas from disaster.

Wind is a lousy source of electricity as this little freeze, proved. Yep, it was not frozen turbines. It was simply the turbines had no wind when the temperature dropped. I have no time but my second link has much explanation in the comment section after the article.

Combined, wind and solar accounted for 42.4% of ERCOT’s output during the month, well ahead of gas, at 30%, and coal, at just 14.9%.

LOL So hard to look it up on google, took all of 2 seconds.
hahahahahah, like I said, if I can Old Crock to link, he/she will link to something that proves old crock is wrong. In this case, Solar will not make steel. It will power rollers to make rails, as in train rails!

From you link old crock, rolling rails? I guess you can run electric motors with expensive solar and then over charge the customers, which in this case, will be the state, which can pay with tax payers tax money.
EVRAZ broke ground on a $500-million long rail mill expansion of the Pueblo facility that it says will use the site’s solar power.

The re-heat furnace will be powered by natural gas, Old Crock knows painfully well, that natural gas is used at steel mills, right Crock?

The rail rolling mill will be supplied with ingots of steel make with coke, that is coke from coal, that coke will be used in the scrap steel electric arc furnace, not supplied with electricity from the solar panels.

So, once again, Old Crock, you prove yourself wrong. Hey, do you want more links and stuff, cause as you know I can always provide them.

??????

Wind Turbines are not to blame when they fail? It is everyone else's fault? Wind power was expected to be a fraction yet they brag that they surpass all other sources of power? Wind is making claims it can supply electricity, and does. Except when the wind does not blow, which happened during this cold weather. The wind dropped to 2 mph. Texas does not have back-up capacity for when wind fails. Hence when wind failed, they lost all the "promised" electricity. Natural Gas came through a hero. Natural Gas diverted it's excess capacity to provide heating. Thank god Natural Gas saved Texas from disaster.

Wind is a lousy source of electricity as this little freeze, proved. Yep, it was not frozen turbines. It was simply the turbines had no wind when the temperature dropped. I have no time but my second link has much explanation in the comment section after the article.

Combined, wind and solar accounted for 42.4% of ERCOT’s output during the month, well ahead of gas, at 30%, and coal, at just 14.9%.

LOL But the wind mills in the Dakotas, where it was much colder for much longer, did not freeze up. Now why was that? Maybe because they were smart enough to winterize them?

hahahahahah, like I said, if I can Old Crock to link, he/she will link to something that proves old crock is wrong. In this case, Solar will not make steel. It will power rollers to make rails, as in train rails!

From you link old crock, rolling rails? I guess you can run electric motors with expensive solar and then over charge the customers, which in this case, will be the state, which can pay with tax payers tax money.

The re-heat furnace will be powered by natural gas, Old Crock knows painfully well, that natural gas is used at steel mills, right Crock?

The rail rolling mill will be supplied with ingots of steel make with coke, that is coke from coal, that coke will be used in the scrap steel electric arc furnace, not supplied with electricity from the solar panels.

So, once again, Old Crock, you prove yourself wrong. Hey, do you want more links and stuff, cause as you know I can always provide them.
Mrs. Elektra chooses to lie again. The Pueblo mill melts scrap using electricity. So the primary melting is done with electricity. Reheating is done with natural gas, but that is only about 10% of the required energy in the process of making the products at Pueblo.

Regina is in Canada.

??????

Frozen wind turbines in Texas caused some conservative state politicians to declare Tuesday that the state was relying too much on renewable energy. But in reality, the wind power was expected to make up only a fraction of what the state had planned for during the winter.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas projected that 80% of the grid's winter capacity, or 67 gigawatts, could be generated by natural gas, coal and some nuclear power.

An official with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas said Tuesday afternoon that 16 gigawatts of renewable energy generation, mostly wind generation, were offline. Nearly double that, 30 gigawatts, had been lost from thermal sources, which includes gas, coal and nuclear energy.

By Wednesday, those numbers had changed as more operators struggled to operate in the cold: 45 gigawatts total were offline, with 28 gigawats from thermal sources and 18 gigawatts from renewable sources, ERCOT officials said.

Forum List

Back