Wind Turbines Contributing to Man Made Global Warming

Let us look at this statement from abu afuk.
Yes, let's. This is from the end of their abstract:
Based on a consequential LCA, the mitigation potential of CO2 emissions of wind power is estimated to be less than 500 million tons during the period of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan (5 years). More than 300 million tons reduction is expected to be realized in 2020. Finally, some policy implications for Chinese policymakers are proposed to promote the development of the wind power industry.

So, by direct experience - not models or extrapolations, China's wind power installation reduced CO2 emissions by something less than 500 million tons over a five year period.
How is wind power, how is intermittent, not working for weeks, an alternative to constant electricity.
That wasn't the topic of Abu's linked article, was it? You do this a lot. You lose a point and immediately try to change the topic under discussion.
Nobody in their right mind, unless they are making millions from Wind Power, considers that wind turbines are an alternative.
Wind power is not as intermittent as you contend.
To be an alternative to anything, it first has to equal the output of a coal plant or anything else we use.
Why have you spent weeks, now, arguing against wind power on the nonsensical claim that it is an enormous new source of CO2 if you now claim that the "FIRST" consideration is its consistency?
Even today, somewhere, there are thousands of wind turbines not working.
And many more working, with no fuel costs and no emissions.
Go out at night on a summer night, a nice hot muggy summer night, there is no wind. It is calm.
Give us a fucking break with this nonsense.
We can not power a modern society, on wind. The wind does not blow almost as much as the sun does not shine.
No one has ever claimed that wind and sun were 24/7.

A modern wind turbine produces electricity 70-85% of the time, but it generates different outputs depending on the wind speed. Over the course of a year, it will typically generate about 24% of the theoretical maximum output (41% offshore). This is known as its capacity factor.

And if you care to look at the title on this thread, you will see that you have gone off-topic. ; - )

Wind power is not as intermittent as you contend.
really, tell us how much wind turbine electricity we will get tonight, exactly, in connecticut

tell england how much electricity, they will get, this summer from wind turbines.

Wind is exactly as unpredictable as I state.

How about every night, you tell us how much wind we will have from 10pm until sunrise, in connecticut, tell us everynight, the wind speed, include the gusts, the lows, the change in direction, I bet you dont get it right one day let alone a week a month all summer/

A 20 day “wind lull” in December 2022​

Give us a fucking break with this nonsense.

No one has ever claimed that wind and sun were 24/7.
Then quit comparing wind and solar to power sources that are 24/7 and a helluv a lot cheaper because they dont require heavy industry to build, and rebuild, and rebuild and build, forever all day and all night.

really, tell us how much wind turbine electricity we will get tonight, exactly, in connecticut

tell england how much electricity, they will get, this summer from wind turbines.

Wind is exactly as unpredictable as I state.

How about every night, you tell us how much wind we will have from 10pm until sunrise, in connecticut, tell us everynight, the wind speed, include the gusts, the lows, the change in direction, I bet you dont get it right one day let alone a week a month all summer/

A 20 day “wind lull” in December 2022​

How come crick never answered this post, crick has all the facts, crick had lots to say, but crick wont reply

How come crick never answered this post, crick has all the facts, crick had lots to say, but crick wont reply
How come you are so fucking stupid? Those questions could not be answered for wind turbines or solar or natural gas or coal or any other technology. Questions that stupid don't get answered because they don't deserve it.

How come you are so fucking stupid? Those questions could not be answered for wind turbines or solar or natural gas or coal or any other technology. Questions that stupid don't get answered because they don't deserve it.
I asked how much electricity wind and solar will produce tonight.

Crick admits they can not be answered. I can answer.

Solar will produce zero electricity tonight. No sun

Wind will produce zero electricity tonight. No convection from the sun results in a calm night. We also dont have a high and low pressure system converging which creates wind and storms.

Nuclear and Natural gas will produce electricity all night long, all day, for months, at a very exact rate, whatever the capacity is minus the capacity factor which is extremely high

Crick, you are a 100% wrong and all it takes is common sense with a little knowledge of the weather and of course knowing that without the sun, there is no solar and much less wind.

I asked how much electricity wind and solar will produce tonight.
I read it the first time you blithering imbecile.
Crick admits they can not be answered. I can answer.
Solar will produce zero electricity tonight. No sun
How astoundingly witty. Unfortunately, you said wind AND solar, not wind OR solar.
Wind will produce zero electricity tonight. No convection from the sun results in a calm night.
Are you actually that stupid?
We also dont have a high and low pressure system converging which creates wind and storms.
We don't? What the fuck are you talking about?
Nuclear and Natural gas will produce electricity all night long, all day, for months, at a very exact rate, whatever the capacity is minus the capacity factor which is extremely high
They won't do diddly squat without fuel, will they.
Crick, you are a 100% wrong and all it takes is common sense with a little knowledge of the weather and of course knowing that without the sun, there is no solar and much less wind.
I'm astounded you're able to dress yourself in the morning. Or... are you?

Forum List

Back