Wind Turbines Contributing to Man Made Global Warming

we are in a wind turbine thread, discussing the lubricants for wind turbines, and the lubricants used in wind turbines are specifically made for wind turbines, they are not made for anything else
Wrong. "lubricants for wind turbines" is simply your most recent, pathetic attempt to distract and paint "wind turbines" as somehow bad for "the weather" or something here.

Oh, what an eyesore! They kill so many birds! They can't be recycled! {and blah, blah, blah!} Your recommendation: Do nothing, right? Right. Message received and duly considered long before ever being offered here. Get serious or piss off.

That said, here's a pdf link to reward and help edify our more serious participants for having slogged through Electra's latest:
Tacky Polymer-Modified H1 Greases and Their Low Temperature Fluidity Erik Willett, PhD

Wrong. "lubricants for wind turbines" is simply your most recent, pathetic attempt to distract and paint "wind turbines" as somehow bad for "the weather" or something here.

Oh, what an eyesore! They kill so many birds! They can't be recycled! {and blah, blah, blah!} Your recommendation: Do nothing, right? Right. Message received and duly considered long before ever being offered here. Get serious or piss off.

That said, here's a pdf link to reward and help edify our more serious participants for having slogged through Electra's latest:
Tacky Polymer-Modified H1 Greases and Their Low Temperature Fluidity Erik Willett, PhD
I am not allowed to respond to another uses who says you dont need fossil fuels to operate wind turbines?

Yes dummy, dumblenut? Wind turbines yes oil that only comes from fossil fuels. If you think CO2 is a problem, dont make more, yet you do, why is that, stupidity I would say.

Eyesore, yes, the dumblenut would not want a 700' tower in dumbleland, yet wind turbines for everyone else is okay, gotcha.

Birds, yep, they kill birds, but dumbledorf has a study that says cats kill more, which is bullshit, and cats are not killing bald eagles and endangered falcons.

your pdf link, is a link to grease, polymers, on fossil fuel stuff?

so I guess after your attack, trolling, flaming, I should thank you for making my point.

Piss off? Go to bed tonight, knowing all those 340,000 wind turbines, made the rich richer, and the environment more polluted, and did nothing to help our standard of living. Technically, wind turbines have destroyed our standard of living.

dumblenut, right?

Last edited:
Show us all an example of me screaming and crying. if you're unable to do so, admit it.

J'accuse!!! Accusations of what? Being ignorant? Being overly concerned with how you appear to the audience here? Being a liar and an asshole?

Do you mean facts as you've done here? Well, we'll get to that in just a second.

Yes. It is because I have a life. I walk my dog. I go to the store for groceries or hardware or my wife and I go out to eat. We both like to take pictures and we visit parks, gardens, waterfalls and historical sites in our area. And during all those activities, I do not participate on this discussion board. And I don't want to hurt your feelings, but sometimes when I come here, I reply and respond to OTHER posters.

1) What facility is this? You've posted this photograph repeatedly but I have never seen you identify the location. For all we can tell, they might be making cat litter here. Let's see if Google can find it for us.
2880px-LudwigshafenBASFsteamcracker2-2020-09-22-17-07-33.jpg
Yep, that there pic is where your wind turbines begin

Hardly. Any comment as to why you declined to identify it or its source either time you posted it?
I told you what it was when I first posted it, it is where your synthetic oil is manufactured. If you think synthetic oil comes from somewhere else, go ahead and tell us where. I do not even need a link or a picture.

Where does synthetic oil come from crick, the last time you said, in frustration, olive oil. Yes, that was a joke, but you thought olive oil, could lubricate wind turbines, there is no mistake about that.

The Texas GOP’s War on Renewable Energy

What’s behind the Legislature’s relentless campaign against Wind and Solar power, which are Saving Texans Billions?
June 2023 - Texas Monthly

Greg Roach doesn’t much care for the blinking red lights atop the ninety wind turbines just outside of town. They distract from the nightly blanket of stars that’s among the benefits of life in Olney, an agricultural crossroads about a two-hour drive northwest of Fort Worth. But, says the 67-year-old superintendent of the local school district, that’s a minor quibble.

Tax payments from the Trinity Hills Wind Farm have allowed Olney ISD to remodel the junior high and the high school and to build a vocational building for classes in welding and agriculture, all without raising the Tax rate. It’s been “an absolute Home Run fiscally,” Roach says.

And those Benefits have recently gotten a whole lot Bigger.
Trinity Hills enjoyed an enormous tax break when it began operating, in 2012, but that decade-long arrangement has come to an end. The wind farm now numbers among the district’s largest taxpayers. “You are looking at around one million dollars in revenue,” Roach says, for a district with a total annual budget of about $12 million. “There is absolutely no doubt they are a big boost.” He expects the extra money will help the district purchase a new school bus and upgrade classroom technology.....
[.....]

`

I told you what it was when I first posted it, it is where your synthetic oil is manufactured. If you think synthetic oil comes from somewhere else, go ahead and tell us where. I do not even need a link or a picture.

Where does synthetic oil come from crick, the last time you said, in frustration, olive oil. Yes, that was a joke, but you thought olive oil, could lubricate wind turbines, there is no mistake about that.
The real dirty little secret here is the neodymium used in the Gen set magnets. It is very rare with only about 8 million tons available globally per estimate.

Given that a four ton magnet
Used in the utility sized Wind Turbines is roughly 28% neodymium....about 2.2 tons.
Do the math.... Once you have built 3.6 million Wind turbines. You're basically out of business.

More:
Written ten years ago still relevant today.
Big Wind’s Dirty Little Secret: Toxic Lakes and Radioactive Waste

A comparative analysis of the life cycle environmental emissions from wind and coal power: Evidence from China​

Science Direct
Hui Li a b c, Hong-Dian Jiang a b c,
Kang-Yin Dong d e, Yi-Ming Wei a b c, Hua Liao a b c f

Abstract​

Wind power is widely regarded as a clean, low-carbon, and alternative energy source for coal-fired power. However, quantitative studies of wind power are limited in indicating the differences in environmental impacts as compared with coal-fired power. Therefore, a life cycle assessment (LCA) is utilized to compare the environmental emissions from wind and coal power. Based on LCA results, material and energy flow of wind power are depicted, and its substitution effects are estimated. For 1 kilowatt-hour (kWh), wind power only consumes 4% of the total amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and environmental costs related to coal power.
Furthermore, energy and emissions intensities of wind power are concentrated in the manufacturing stage, while those of coal power focus on the operation and maintenance stage. In addition, the environmental costs of the construction stage of wind power are slightly higher than that of the production and manufacturing stage due to the using of purchased electricity, accounting for 47% of the total environmental costs. Based on a consequential LCA, the mitigation potential of CO2 emissions of wind power is estimated to be less than 500 million tons during the period of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan (5 years). More than 300 million tons reduction is expected to be realized in 2020. Finally, some policy implications for Chinese policymakers are proposed to promote the development of the wind power industry.

`

Last edited:
The real dirty little secret here is the neodymium used in the Gen set magnets. It is very rare with only about 8 million tons available globally per estimate.

Given that a four ton magnet
Used in the utility sized Wind Turbines is roughly 28% neodymium....about 2.2 tons.
Do the math.... Once you have built 3.6 million Wind turbines. You're basically out of business.
This is a fair point. However:
  1. We don't have nor need millions of such massive wind turbines.
  2. Those tons of neodymium magnets would definitely be recycled.
  3. Electromagnet generator design improvements could soon make these new permanent magnet designs comparatively undesirable, most likely due to the rising cost of neodymium alone.
  4. I maintain that there's a logical limit to bigger actually being better. These far exceed it, fitting firmly into the "Too Big" category. Where only a few private multinational corporations can compete in a given market, a few billionaires are always hiding behind, getting filthy rich at our expense.
  5. There are already far more efficient and adaptable windmill designs that your average Joe or Jane can easily erect and maintain by themselves.

Last edited:

A comparative analysis of the life cycle environmental emissions from wind and coal power: Evidence from China​

Science Direct
Hui Li a b c, Hong-Dian Jiang a b c,
Kang-Yin Dong d e, Yi-Ming Wei a b c, Hua Liao a b c f

Abstract​

Wind power is widely regarded as a clean, low-carbon, and alternative energy source for coal-fired power. However, quantitative studies of wind power are limited in indicating the differences in environmental impacts as compared with coal-fired power. Therefore, a life cycle assessment (LCA) is utilized to compare the environmental emissions from wind and coal power. Based on LCA results, material and energy flow of wind power are depicted, and its substitution effects are estimated. For 1 kilowatt-hour (kWh), wind power only consumes 4% of the total amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and environmental costs related to coal power.
Furthermore, energy and emissions intensities of wind power are concentrated in the manufacturing stage, while those of coal power focus on the operation and maintenance stage. In addition, the environmental costs of the construction stage of wind power are slightly higher than that of the production and manufacturing stage due to the using of purchased electricity, accounting for 47% of the total environmental costs. Based on a consequential LCA, the mitigation potential of CO2 emissions of wind power is estimated to be less than 500 million tons during the period of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan (5 years). More than 300 million tons reduction is expected to be realized in 2020. Finally, some policy implications for Chinese policymakers are proposed to promote the development of the wind power industry.

`
why compare wind to coal? Wind Turbines do not replace coal power.

and how does the endless building of the largest things in the World, how does that lesson the CO2 in the air?

No, you dumb ass...use nuclear, the greenest of energy

Look at that, abu afuk who accused me of being a coward, can only disagree with a simple question of mine, he/she can not reply.
I put up lots of meat AND comparison.
UNLIKE YOUR FOUR WIND BASHING Threads, I DID put up a comparisons thread that includes solar as well.
You STUPID, LYING, and DISHONEST POS.
I put up comparisons, YOU put up stupid One-mode Bashing, including the DESPERATE ANECDOE Thread that ONE turbine fell down. ONE!
WTF. Pathetic amateur propagandist.

You did no comparison over life of plant, just tried to take advantage of the Front loaded cost of renewables.
Which then drop to virtually ZERO for 20 years.
Whereas any Fossil Fuels pay daily for fuels (which may go up dramatically in price) while polluting as well.
NADA from you.

You DISHONEST bashing thread, No comparison, Hypocrite.
'
`

Last edited:
I put up lots of meat AND comparison.
UNLIKE YOUR FOUR WIND BASHING Threads, I DID put up a comparisons thread that includes solar as well.
I put up comparisons, YOU put up stupid One-mode Bashing, including the DESPERATE ANECDOE Thread that ONE turbine fell down. ONE!

You did no comparison over life of plant, just tried to take advantage of the Front loaded cost of renewables.
Which then drop to virtually ZERO for 20 years.
Whereas any Fossil Fuels pay daily for fuels (which may go up dramatically in price) while polluting as well.
NADA from you.

'
`
I do not need to compare, it is pretty much common sense.

First and foremost, you cant compare one to one, because wind turbines require millions to be built.

Pollution, Every day wind turbines are being manufactured, hence polluting. As one as one wind turbine is installed, another 10 are being built.

How do you compare something that does not give us electricity, to something that does? Sure, you can point to an hour or two, where they produce, but you can not show us they work for a week straight, or even 24 hours.

Yes, get everyone to concentrate on one wind turbine, as if that is all you need. It is 24 hours a day manufacturing forever. And what do we get in return, next to nothing. There are plenty of examples now, of 1,000's of wind turbines not providing electricity for weeks at a time.

Dishonest? Yes, you are, but in your case it really is not dishonesty, it is just stupidity.

Hypocrite? You called me a coward, actually said in a post that I was only commenting cause I knew you were gone? Now that is pathetic, and cowardly.

You know what else is pathetic and cowardly, your use of, "fake news". Just hit a comment with fake news, which I like, cause it shows me read it, and have no reply. It shows that you are a pathetic coward that when presented with facts, you can not even respond.

fake news, you are pathetic piece of shit

How are you going to build wind turbines without coal (watch everyone, abu afuk wont be able to give an answer, and if he/she does, I will destroy the reply).

Wind power is widely regarded as a clean, low-carbon, and alternative energy source for coal-fired power.

`
Let us look at this statement from abu afuk.

How is wind power, how is intermittent, not working for weeks, an alternative to constant electricity. Nobody in their right mind, unless they are making millions from Wind Power, considers that wind turbines are an alternative.

To be an alternative to anything, it first has to equal the output of a coal plant or anything else we use. Even today, somewhere, there are thousands of wind turbines not working. Go out at night on a summer night, a nice hot muggy summer night, there is no wind. It is calm.

We can not power a modern society, on wind. The wind does not blow almost as much as the sun does not shine.

Forum List

Back