William Barr Just Smashed the Left's Narrative with His Resignation Letter

It’s a letter liberals will loathe.

Since he was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general in February 2019, William Barr has made enemies at just about every point on the political spectrum, but nothing is likely to infuriate the left more than his resignation letter Monday.

They might have been hoping for fireworks. What they got was the truth about the Trump administration that Democrats don’t want to hear, but every American needs to acknowledge.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

“Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job!” Trump wrote, noting that Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen will become acting attorney general with Barr’s departure.

But it was Barr’s letter of resignation that was the real meat. In it, the outgoing attorney general hit on the points of the Trump presidency that have been ignored by the establishment media over the past four years – or outright denied by “news” outlets functioning as a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.

“Your 2016 victory speech in which you reached out to your opponents and called for working together for the benefit of the American people was immediately met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds.” Barr wrote.
Barr covered for the crimes of the President and provided legal cover and obstruction

He will be considered the worst AG in modern times.
True.

And Barr's blind devotion to the Imperial Presidency makes him reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous.

He resigned you goddamn idiot

LOL

Who resigns 30 days before the end of your term?

Since he was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general in February 2019, William Barr has made enemies at just about every point on the political spectrum, but nothing is likely to infuriate the left more than his resignation letter Monday.

They might have been hoping for fireworks. What they got was the truth about the Trump administration that Democrats don’t want to hear, but every American needs to acknowledge.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

“Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job!” Trump wrote, noting that Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen will become acting attorney general with Barr’s departure.

But it was Barr’s letter of resignation that was the real meat. In it, the outgoing attorney general hit on the points of the Trump presidency that have been ignored by the establishment media over the past four years – or outright denied by “news” outlets functioning as a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.

“Your 2016 victory speech in which you reached out to your opponents and called for working together for the benefit of the American people was immediately met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds.” Barr wrote.
Barr covered for the crimes of the President and provided legal cover and obstruction

True.

And Barr's blind devotion to the Imperial Presidency makes him reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous.

He resigned you goddamn idiot
Both Trump and Barr will soon be gone, and good riddance.
Joe Biden has been around for most of our decline as a nation. You do know that?
Personally, I think we are a better society than we were 50 years ago. More tolerant of those who are “different”

President Trump had hoped to be "everybody's president". The liberal media would not allow for any such "unity". No way. Think about it. What kind of newscasts draw in the most viewers? These media outlets thrive on chaos and stories of chaos, but it's hard to fully determine which entity is pulling the cart: the audience ratings/#of viewers or their own efforts of giving the audience basically want they want but leading the way. I'm putting my money down on agendas...we all have one btw, even those who say "Moi? An agenda? Not moi!" If you care about your family and do what you can to make family time a positive one-that's an agenda. So for me to complain about these media outlets (almost on a daily basis lol) I am likely missing that part about the rating aspect.
Bullshit. trump was only the president of his base.
Not initially, no. You cannot separate the dynamic between Trump and MSM to claim that Trump initiated the spewing of hatred. That began on day one when the MSM could not accept that Hillary lost, nor could they accept that Trump won. Both of those elements together created quite the living serpent, one with fangs and likely tentacles, but I never wanted to risk looking too closely lol These press journalists were of course even told by the pollsters (almost all but 1 poll I think) that H. Clinton was going to win. Footage shows what many "faces of the left media outlets" looked like after her (their) defeat and how quickly that emotional shock devolved into almost open hostility. (Taped telecasts still available). Most never recovered, and they never let up about the Russian connection even after confirmation that it was false, and was a choice they made to continue this false narrative daily instead of admitting their mistake. Their anger never subsided but intensified, which was a choice. A tragedy all around. Am I saying that Republicans are free of these actions? No, but I will say that I've never seen anything like the MSM before with an acting president.

Questioning the validity of any action can be accomplished in a civil fashion, however, MSM outlets that became almost hostile chose otherwise. Had they remained professional their personal animosity towards Trump would not have been an element. They know they still could have asked tough questions, but their intent was to destroy him for personal reasons.

As I stated, we'll never know what the dynamic could have been, had the leftist media not gone on attack mode the second Trump won. If you think that's debatable, I will post links of their actions showing it more clearly.

President Trump had hoped to be "everybody's president". The liberal media would not allow for any such "unity". No way. Think about it. What kind of newscasts draw in the most viewers? These media outlets thrive on chaos and stories of chaos, but it's hard to fully determine which entity is pulling the cart: the audience ratings/#of viewers or their own efforts of giving the audience basically want they want but leading the way. I'm putting my money down on agendas...we all have one btw, even those who say "Moi? An agenda? Not moi!" If you care about your family and do what you can to make family time a positive one-that's an agenda. So for me to complain about these media outlets (almost on a daily basis lol) I am likely missing that part about the rating aspect.
Not initially, no. You cannot separate the dynamic between Trump and MSM to claim that Trump initiated the spewing of hatred. That began on day one when the MSM could not accept that Hillary lost, nor could they accept that Trump won. Both of those elements together created quite the living serpent, one with fangs and likely tentacles, but I never wanted to risk looking too closely lol These press journalists were of course even told by the pollsters (almost all but 1 poll I think) that H. Clinton was going to win. Footage shows what many "faces of the left media outlets" looked like after her (their) defeat and how quickly that emotional shock devolved into almost open hostility. (Taped telecasts still available). Most never recovered, and they never let up about the Russian connection even after confirmation that it was false, and was a choice they made to continue this false narrative daily instead of admitting their mistake. Their anger never subsided but intensified, which was a choice. A tragedy all around. Am I saying that Republicans are free of these actions? No, but I will say that I've never seen anything like the MSM before with an acting president.

Questioning the validity of any action can be accomplished in a civil fashion, however, MSM outlets that became almost hostile chose otherwise. Had they remained professional their personal animosity towards Trump would not have been an element. They know they still could have asked tough questions, but their intent was to destroy him for personal reasons.

As I stated, we'll never know what the dynamic could have been, had the leftist media didn't go on attack mode the second Trump won. If you think that's debatable, I will post links of their actions showing it more clearly.
The media was too soft on Trump

No other President would have gotten away with the lies, misinformation and petty nonsense on a daily basis

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

They followed McConnel's lead.

Did Senator McConnell vow to block President Obama? If yes, why? - Quora

One is practicing hypocrisy to condemn what your side so eagerly did.
Waaaaaaa!

As I stated, we'll never know what the dynamic could have been, had the leftist media didn't go on attack mode the second Trump won. If you think that's debatable, I will post links of their actions showing it more clearly.

No other President would have gotten away with the lies, misinformation and petty nonsense on a daily basis
Rightwinger, as one of the top posters on USMB, I challenge you to post a legitimate link to footage showing the media being too soft on Trump. I'm assuming you'll not use a right-leaning example but a valid one from the left media;)

As I stated, we'll never know what the dynamic could have been, had the leftist media not gone on attack mode the second Trump won. If you think that's debatable, I will post links of their actions showing it more clearly.
While I agree with your post whole heartedly, I have to take issue with your term "press journalists." The charlatans wouldn't know real journalism if it bit them in the ass. Also, you said "almost hostile." I have, as you stated, never seen such hostility aimed at a sitting president--not even Richard Nixon and they actually had a case against him.

Rightwinger, as one of the top posters on USMB, I challenge you to post a legitimate link to footage showing the media being too soft on Trump. I'm assuming you'll not use a right-leaning example but a valid one from the left media;)
Trump overwhelms the media with content
It comes down to he lies faster than they can fact check

Rather than hold him accountable for a lie, they just move on to the next one, then the next one.

The sheer volume overwhelms them.

No other President has gotten away with anything close

I have, as you stated, never seen such hostility aimed at a sitting president--not even Richard Nixon

Hostility that was well earned by Trump
Respect is something that is earned.

Even Nixon had some redeeming values and understood the responsibilities of the Presidency.
Trump has flaunted it from day one.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Did he mention the time Trump met with the Dems in the Oval Office and came to an agreement on DACA and immigration but then backed out of the agreement?

Rather than hold him accountable for a lie, they just move on to the next one, then the next one.

I was hoping for a link for your proof about left media being too soft on Trump! For fun (I don't get out much) I just searched, and I can understand why you didn't post one lol

I was hoping for a link for your proof about left media being too soft on Trump! For fun (I don't get out much) I just searched, and I can understand why you didn't post one lol
He is right about this.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

True.

Weird. Just yesterday you clowns were claiming Barr hated Trump.

You really need to ask your handlers to make up your tiny minds.

Your trolling has gone from bad to pathetic.

Up your game.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Did he mention the time Trump met with the Dems in the Oval Office and came to an agreement on DACA and immigration but then backed out of the agreement?
He doesn't have to negotiate with ANYBODY who is in this country illegally. They are not citizens and they got here illegally. They can go back home, get in line and wait their turn. If we make things simpler for them to get what they want illegally, we will never close the flood gates.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Barr's bootlicking letter was a disgrace and a national embarrassment. It displayed his utter lack of class and lack of respect for our institutions and constitution, and for the people who did all the work while he licked the President's boots..

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Barr's bootlicking letter was a disgrace and a national embarrassment. It displayed his utter lack of class and lack of respect for our institutions and constitution, and for the people who did all the work while he licked the President's boots..
All the while, you disrespected our election by allowing a cheat to advance. I won't mention which part of Biden's anatomy you are licking.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

And just yesterday you clowns were saying Barr hated a Trump.

Forum List

Back