Barr: Trump using 'extortion' to control GOP

Sixties Fan

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2017
Voters Beware !!!!

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”

Barr recounted Trump's fury on Dec. 1, 2020, when he learned that his attorney general had given an interview to the Associated Press and told them there was no evidence of widespread election fraud. Trump exploded at Barr over the interview, a clash that reportedly led Barr to tender his resignation on the spot before being convinced by White House counsel Pat Cipollone to wait to announce his departure.

Although Trump once had nothing but public praise for Barr, his has since turned on his former attorney general, calling him a RINO — short for “Republican in name only” — who didn’t “have the courage or stamina to go after voter fraud.”

Weiss asked Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, whether he underestimated “Trump’s disregard for the truth and disregard for the results of the election.”

“I underestimated how far he would take it. I thought on Dec. 14, when I tendered my resignation, the states had all certified the votes. To me, that was it. That was the last stop,” Barr said. “There was no process beyond that which would allow him to challenge the election. I thought it was safe to leave at that point. I was wrong. I did not expect him to take it as far as he did with these very wacky legal theories that no one gave any credence to.”

But Barr’s views on Trump’s actions after the 2020 election are decidedly more sour. He didn’t hold back when Weiss asked what he felt watching the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol unfold.

“I was disgusted and mortified and feeling very angry. I felt this whole thing had hurt the Republican Party and hurt the reputation of the administration even more than before. I was angry about that. Everyone I knew in the administration was angry about that. I also felt that it was just a Keystone Cops exercise. There wasn’t a genuine threat of overthrowing the government, as far as I was concerned, it was just a circus,” Barr said, adding that “the whole thing, to me, was a big embarrassment.”

The riot, Barr said, was “a shameful episode. ... And the president certainly precipitated it.”

As for the current legal standoff between Trump and both the Justice Department and the National Archives, Barr said he is waiting to see what information emerges before he draws a final conclusion about what the government has said was hundreds of pages of classified documents improperly stored at Trump’s Florida estate.

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”
except this never happened.

Trump's the Don he always wanted to be

yjnhi.jpg

Then we're just done. I would suggest moving to florida for as long as we have left.

These people are engaging in nazi tactics of dehumanizing people they disagree with and the only thing that comes after that is........actual extermination.

Is that what you're ready for?

Then we're just done. I would suggest moving to florida for as long as we have left.

These people are engaging in nazi tactics of dehumanizing people they disagree with and the only thing that comes after that is........actual extermination.

So you believe that, if the Democrats have enough control, they will seek out and exterminate those who disagree with them?

Voters Beware !!!!

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

Barr recounted Trump's fury on Dec. 1, 2020, when he learned that his attorney general had given an interview to the Associated Press and told them there was no evidence of widespread election fraud. Trump exploded at Barr over the interview, a clash that reportedly led Barr to tender his resignation on the spot before being convinced by White House counsel Pat Cipollone to wait to announce his departure.

Although Trump once had nothing but public praise for Barr, his has since turned on his former attorney general, calling him a RINO — short for “Republican in name only” — who didn’t “have the courage or stamina to go after voter fraud.”

Weiss asked Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, whether he underestimated “Trump’s disregard for the truth and disregard for the results of the election.”

“I underestimated how far he would take it. I thought on Dec. 14, when I tendered my resignation, the states had all certified the votes. To me, that was it. That was the last stop,” Barr said. “There was no process beyond that which would allow him to challenge the election. I thought it was safe to leave at that point. I was wrong. I did not expect him to take it as far as he did with these very wacky legal theories that no one gave any credence to.”

But Barr’s views on Trump’s actions after the 2020 election are decidedly more sour. He didn’t hold back when Weiss asked what he felt watching the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol unfold.

“I was disgusted and mortified and feeling very angry. I felt this whole thing had hurt the Republican Party and hurt the reputation of the administration even more than before. I was angry about that. Everyone I knew in the administration was angry about that. I also felt that it was just a Keystone Cops exercise. There wasn’t a genuine threat of overthrowing the government, as far as I was concerned, it was just a circus,” Barr said, adding that “the whole thing, to me, was a big embarrassment.”

The riot, Barr said, was “a shameful episode. ... And the president certainly precipitated it.”

As for the current legal standoff between Trump and both the Justice Department and the National Archives, Barr said he is waiting to see what information emerges before he draws a final conclusion about what the government has said was hundreds of pages of classified documents improperly stored at Trump’s Florida estate.

Prior to 2016, who was your boogeyman? Romney?

Before that? McCain.

Before that? Bush.

Before that? Bush Sr.

Before that? Reagan.

Next? DeSantis.

Just shut up and try running on accomplishments over fear.

Nothing of the sort. Barr and others do know the Constitution and the Rule of Law and are following it and giving their opinions based on that. Nothing else.

Over a thousand people who have worked for Trump have given interviews to the 1/6 commission. When the trial for what has happened to the documents and how they got to Mar O Lago starts, if ever, there will be plenty of witnesses who will tell the truth about it.

Why reject any and all facts?

Be for the truth, please stop with the Nazi calling and comparison because it has nothing to do with what has been happening for the past 2 years.

Let the facts come. You do not wish to believe them, that is another story and your right to not want to do so.

Prior to 2016, who was your boogeyman? Romney?

Before that? McCain.

Before that? Bush.

Before that? Bush Sr.

Before that? Reagan.

Next? DeSantis.

Just shut up and try running on accomplishments over fear.
Stick to what Barr said in the article.

You are vilifying Trump…yet you have always vilified anyone more conservative than you.

Once Trump is out of the way, you will bash DeSantis. Dont lie.
Barr is telling the truth based on knowing Trump for many years and having worked with him.

Stop with the drama and discuss what Barr says, based on his knowledge of Trump, the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Barr is telling the truth based on knowing Trump for many years and having worked with him.

Stop with the drama and discuss what Barr says, based on his knowledge of Trump, the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

MK Ultra is a thing, but you now trust the government.

I hope you stopped listening to all counter culture music, because you are a willing pawn of the man.

Why?

MK Ultra is a thing, but you now trust the government.

I hope you stopped listening to all counter culture music, because you are a willing pawn of the man.

Why?
Nothing but nothing written on your post.

Read the article. You either agree with what Barr says, based on him working with and knowing Trump, or not based on YOUR knowledge of Trump.

Voters Beware !!!!

What you fail to understand is the culture of Washington DC is to protect the corruption of our government. The Left will whine and cry about corporate greed and yet they continue to ignore the greed going on right in front of them. Our LMSM is the propaganda provider that continues to influence division. One of Obama’s missions was to increase racial tensions, he made clear his intentions long before he was elected. He despised what our constitution stood for and continues to wheeled influence through the current administration.

Nominating Barr was a calculated risk, President Trump is an outsider and Barr knows all to well the election was rigged, the whole world knows it was. What the November 2020 election proved is they will go to any extent to protect the corruption.

Barr and others do know the Constitution and the Rule of Law and are following it and giving their opinions based on that.
LMAO and when Barr admitted he witnessed Joe Biden LYING to the American people about Hunters laptop and regrets not calling Biden out on that lie before the election? (said Blueslegend with extreme sarcasm) You drive by Bill Barr fans are funny. :auiqs.jpg:

Nothing but nothing written on your post.

Read the article. You either agree with what Barr says, based on him working with and knowing Trump, or not based on YOUR knowledge of Trump.

Barr is not some divine person.

Look as his employment history.

When did you shit on your past and become a company man?

LMAO and when Barr admitted he witnessed Joe Biden LYING to the American people about Hunters laptop and regrets not calling Biden out on that lie before the election? (said Blueslegend with extreme sarcasm) You drive by Bill Barr fans are funny. :auiqs.jpg:
Oh, look. Changed the subject. AGAIN. !!!!!

Forum List

Back