William Barr Just Smashed the Left's Narrative with His Resignation Letter

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
It’s a letter liberals will loathe.

Since he was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general in February 2019, William Barr has made enemies at just about every point on the political spectrum, but nothing is likely to infuriate the left more than his resignation letter Monday.

They might have been hoping for fireworks. What they got was the truth about the Trump administration that Democrats don’t want to hear, but every American needs to acknowledge.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

“Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job!” Trump wrote, noting that Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen will become acting attorney general with Barr’s departure.

But it was Barr’s letter of resignation that was the real meat. In it, the outgoing attorney general hit on the points of the Trump presidency that have been ignored by the establishment media over the past four years – or outright denied by “news” outlets functioning as a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.

“Your 2016 victory speech in which you reached out to your opponents and called for working together for the benefit of the American people was immediately met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds.” Barr wrote.

Since he was confirmed as President Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general in February 2019, William Barr has made enemies at just about every point on the political spectrum, but nothing is likely to infuriate the left more than his resignation letter Monday.

They might have been hoping for fireworks. What they got was the truth about the Trump administration that Democrats don’t want to hear, but every American needs to acknowledge.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

“Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job!” Trump wrote, noting that Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen will become acting attorney general with Barr’s departure.

But it was Barr’s letter of resignation that was the real meat. In it, the outgoing attorney general hit on the points of the Trump presidency that have been ignored by the establishment media over the past four years – or outright denied by “news” outlets functioning as a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.

“Your 2016 victory speech in which you reached out to your opponents and called for working together for the benefit of the American people was immediately met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds.” Barr wrote.

They followed McConnel's lead.

Did Senator McConnell vow to block President Obama? If yes, why? - Quora

One is practicing hypocrisy to condemn what your side so eagerly did.

Yea, I read the letter last night. It is hilarious and was NOT written by Bill Barr. It reminded me a lot of a lot of letters Donald writes.
THIS one comes to mind. :laugh:

e76c054747120896190318a2ee932a4e2d4e1c49

trump-doctor-2_sq-d596615e9ef020d3c1ccd5c34f8c5f78cf04a08f.jpg

President Trump had hoped to be "everybody's president". The liberal media would not allow for any such "unity". No way. Think about it. What kind of newscasts draw in the most viewers? These media outlets thrive on chaos and stories of chaos, but it's hard to fully determine which entity is pulling the cart: the audience ratings/#of viewers or their own efforts of giving the audience basically want they want but leading the way. I'm putting my money down on agendas...we all have one btw, even those who say "Moi? An agenda? Not moi!" If you care about your family and do what you can to make family time a positive one-that's an agenda. So for me to complain about these media outlets (almost on a daily basis lol) I am likely missing that part about the rating aspect.

President Trump had hoped to be "everybody's president".

You don't accomplish this by calling people names.

As a proud deplorable I can attest to that

Jeebus you're a stupid left loon, Nincompoop

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

That's just a stupid comment to make.
Not comparable

And it helped cause her to lose the election just as it did for Trump. You call me names for pointing out facts to you?

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Not comparable

Of course it is.

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Not comparable
Unfortunately it is comparable... That is what political oppositions do to each other..

And it helped cause her to lose the election just as it did for Trump. You call me names for pointing out facts to you?

You got smacked down...again and you're struggling little dude

Nincompoop responds: " No no I'm smarts"

Lol

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Instead of thanking the thousnds of people in the DOJ for their service he used his entire letter kissing Trump's ass...how is that smashing the narrative that he is just a Trump toadie?

BJ-s 1st Pull quote

Barr covered for the crimes of the President and provided legal cover and obstruction

He will be considered the worst AG in modern times.

Pkknopp said:

I agree. I will be reviewing footage from 2016 to refresh my memory depicting how it all started out, and I'll make sure to check various media outlets rated by AllSides as Republican, Democrat, Republican-leaning, and Democrat-leaning to get a better take.

You are right that Trump made verbal mistakes while speaking to the public, but his words were his truth and not deceptive and this matters. He is a very different personality compared to the politicians who say things they don't mean to look good (Hillary), or worse, say things they know they don't mean and knowingly lie (Hillary). My point is Trump's mistakes were reactionary in nature, at least in 2016.

Should a president react to or refrain from responding to verbal accusations that are not true (Russian collusion) when it is false? Surely he or she should defend themselves immediately as it spirals out of control instantly others parroting same falsehood without defense, but the manner of that defensive posturing is subjective as you know. Being falsely accused of something is not a good feeling. (I was once accused of something I didn't do as an 8th grader, and that's stuck with me for years). Immediately following Trump's surprise win (for the record I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 but am a never-Hillary so she was out ha), the leftist media continued this constant drum beat every single chance it could. I understood the call to reduce their access, given it was going to be the same thing over and over and over. I stopped watching the circus show, thus my need to review more taped coverage.

In role as a president, I understand expecting a person in that role to maintain a level of respectfulness. That said, however, we'll never know how Trump would have reacted to a respectful press. They could have still asked the same questions (over and over about something that never happened) and had they kept it even halfway respectful (the anger that he won was absolutely obvious) without constant badgering, interrupting him in the middle of his responses which appeared hostile- and I don't use that word lightly. I am pretty sure reviewing the evidence will confirm my stance, but I will as I said make sure:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back