Will wanting to dominate the world make war for us (the U.S.)?

Uuuuummmmm, apparently most people (especially here in the US) are clueless concerning the constant push pull for ideological and economic control that has been ongoing since the beginning of history.........

the only thing that the US is any good at is making war materials. you can't sell much of that stuff unless you stir up fights all over the world. Preferably between countries who have oil or other resources to trade for our outdated,( no-threat to us )materials

Uuuuummmmm, apparently most people (especially here in the US) are clueless concerning the constant push pull for ideological and economic control that has been ongoing since the beginning of history.........

So you are saying that the pursuit of wealth and security from being attacked is why we would have to dominate the world?

If you're saying that I would disagree immensely...as the article shows pursuing wealth and security from being attacked to the point where we have to dominate others will cause us war and problems, not prevent them.

the only thing that the US is any good at is making war materials. you can't sell much of that stuff unless you stir up fights all over the world. Preferably between countries who have oil or other resources to trade for our outdated,( no-threat to us )materials

Well we haven't had a war on our soil for a long time...hopefully bad American government international behavior will not change that fact for us.

So you are saying that the pursuit of wealth and security from being attacked is why we would have to dominate the world?

If you're saying that I would disagree immensely...as the article shows pursuing wealth and security from being attacked to the point where we have to dominate others will cause us war and problems, not prevent them.
You're missing the nuances, we're not trying to dominate others, we're trying to prevent others from dominating, others who would dominate more than just economies.
Eventually war will happen, somewhere, sometime, not the just the current cyber war but real blood and guts war, don't know exactly who's going to be involved or who'll start it or what situation it will ultimately trigger it, my crystal ball doesn't work but my decades long study of humankind tells me it's inevitable.

Islam wanting to dominate the world makes war for the US and much of the rest of the world.

You're missing the nuances, we're not trying to dominate others, we're trying to prevent others from dominating, others who would dominate more than just economies.
Eventually war will happen, somewhere, sometime, not the just the current cyber war but real blood and guts war, don't know exactly who's going to be involved or who'll start it or what situation it will ultimately trigger it, my crystal ball doesn't work but my decades long study of humankind tells me it's inevitable.

No, the meaning of "hegemony" is to dominate...the article says that we are trying to dominate others but are you saying that if we don't try to dominate, others will?

I think that that's a very sad and false assumption Sir that could even lead the world to attack American soil & American citizens over nonsense.

Islam wanting to dominate the world makes war for the US and much of the rest of the world.

This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on how Islam wants to dominate the world?

If you mean IS, isn't the Moslem world against IS

No, the meaning of "hegemony" is to dominate...the article says that we are trying to dominate others but are you saying that if we don't try to dominate, others will?

I think that that's a very sad and false assumption Sir that could even lead the world to attack American soil & American citizens over nonsense.
Then you live in a bubble of your own creating.
Who do you Identify more with? Norman Thomas? R Douglas Stewart Jr? Laura Ingalls?

This sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on how Islam wants to dominate the world?

If you mean IS, isn't the Moslem world against IS

No, I mean Islam. Different Islamic cults also make war on each other also but I don't know of any who haven't made it very plain that that is their intention. Where have been the last 2-3 decades?

"Well we haven't had a war on our soil for a long time...hopefully bad American government international behavior will not change that fact for us."

Guess you must have missed 9/11 and the many other terrorist attacks before and since.. "Anthrax" ring any bells?

Then you live in a bubble of your own creating.
Who do you Identify more with? Norman Thomas? R Douglas Stewart Jr? Laura Ingalls?

Not John Lennon, but I would say concerning hegemony that everyone should just give peace a chance...it could lead to unnecessary wars if we don't.

The US's army is getting down to an all time low. the Navy is getting to an all time low. It does not sound like a country trying to dominate the werld. The US could have dominated the world after WW2 but we treated our enemies with respect and helped them rebuild. This BS about America trying to dominate the world is nothing but anti-American rhetoric. God Bless America.

The US should avoid war at all costs. Surrender to Russia at the very earliest opportunity.

No, I mean Islam. Different Islamic cults also make war on each other also but I don't know of any who haven't made it very plain that that is their intention. Where have been the last 2-3 decades?

Are those groups heretical to mainstream Islam? (asking to understand, not trying to defend Islam)

Forum List

Back