Will Trump Save The Nation By Stopping The Unwise From Voting ?

Will Trump save America by making voters pass a high logic ability test ?

America's founders had this

China seems to have this now

Make the test similar to the sat math score at the highest level and then nearly all would be white or Asian men
Math? How about common sense? The trouble with that is that approx 25% of the population
would be able to vote.

Common Sense is logic ability

When the nation was formed only people with a financial stake in the nation could vote...and only men and whites could vote...all of that was wrong and I'm happy those rules were changed...but a civics test and ID to vote I would support....

However back in the time, the only people who did have a financial stake were men and whites.

Women could own property but could not vote. So the test for voting was not property or a financial stake. Women were seen as too emotional to make correct decisions and they did not let them vote

Make the test similar to the sat math score at the highest level and then nearly all would be white or Asian men

No he won't.

That's illegal and unconstitutional.

Everyone should vote if they're a legal citizen. The more legal voters who vote, the better.

I guess you don't like our democratic republic.
Our wise foinders said there never was s democracy that did not commit suicide

To stop that the founders had only the most wise to vote

Logic ability is the most valuable intellect

Logic tells a person what isomer important

Memory intellect is great for remembering and must remember what the logic figures out

This is how men and women fit like a puzzle

Men has the logic and women the memory to remember what the man figures out

The President has no control over who votes or what their "qualifications" are.

Philosophically, it makes great sense to pre-qualify voters in any number of ways. Are they intelligent enough to understand the issues, the positions they are voting for, the positions of the candidates on the major issues of the day? Surely, these are relevant questions. Do they pay any taxes? What organization allows decisions to be made by people who don't pay their dues?

Are they biased? In this most recent election, millions and millions of women voted for candidates merely because they were women. Blacks usually support black candidates by at least 95%, unless it's a Republican. Jews vote for jews. Muslims vote for Muslims. Catholics used to vote for Catholics. Are these rational, valuable votes? Hardly.

There is a reason why the Founding Fathers left basically NOTHING to the popular vote. The state legislatures elected senators. The Electoral College elected the President. The only thing the People could vote for was their representative in the HR, and THAT REPRESENTATIVE cast all the meaningful votes on government actions.

Starting with the elimination of "literacy tests" in the South because they often prevented "Negros" from voting, the ACLU and its subversive fellow travelers have eliminated just about every voter qualification imaginable, so that idiots, fools, dullards, slackers, know-nothings, and human lemmings carry the same power as voters as the most educated or accomplished person in the country. Motor-voter, same day registration, and other such initiatives promote the same mindless objectives - getting ignorant, gullible people to the poles.

A local radio station here in Pittsburgh used to conduct "man in the street" interviews regularly before every election, with results that were tragic-comical - every time. The people interviewed at random were almost always uninformed, stupid, and inarticulate, and yet most of them were determined to vote. Their perception of the issues was usually factually incorrect, their perception of the positions of the candidates was often 180 degrees out of touch with reality, and their knowledge of exactly what powers the elected officials had was always incorrect. And I'm not talking about political opinions; I'm talking about knowledge of, for example, what a President's powers or a legislator's powers were.

It is a travesty.

In my opinion, the worst campaigns in the world are "get out the vote" campaigns. These efforts induce people at the margins who otherwise wouldn't bother, to vote. Again, it is getting the most gullible people to the polls. It is a disgrace, and it ALWAYS favors Democrats.
No matter how ill informed, the laws in this country affect them as much as you or me. That is the whole purpose of how our government was established. No action without representation. Their voices need to be heard, too.
If you are concerned they don't know enough, maybe you should actively try to get the word out to them. Support the Junior League or work on a campaign.
O

Wrong. The founders would not let 3 yt old kids vote. That was to stop them electing crooks
Go eat your borscht

Let's stop the nonsense of education proves one is wise

Einstein understood the hypocrisy in that view point

We got total fraud done today by education leaders

Harvard president fired for speaking of science findings showing differences in men and women. Larry Summers !!

Schools giving females equal grades in math and when they take the sat math test they show less than males and much less at the highest levels

Remembering like a parrot is not true wisdom. But being low logic one cannot know that Just blind fools being brainwashed by crooks and stopping learning which stops progress which makes a nation fall

Education may not make one wise, but LACK of education definitely doesn't.
When education systems males for vfromomsll

Could you run that by me again in English? Thanks.

I feel like we need more democracy, and not less of it.

Outside of Presidential elections, what's not democracy in our system? Majority votes in Congressional leaders, the majority votes in Senators, the majority votes in Governorships and various other smaller offices.

The only place democracy lags is in lifelong appointed judges and bureaucracies. I would love to see that changed.

I wasn't thinking of it as a binary (democracy vs. not democracy), but when I said "more democracy" I had in mind things like

- Participation. Certainly with voting (We have ~50% voter turnout) but also just in terms of people being better educated, more informed, more engaged, and so on. I think our democracy would be improved if citizens were more engaged.

- Quirks in the geographic structuring of our representational system which favors small states and rural districts, so for example one representative may represent either 500k people or nearly a million. That's merely a consequence of the expansion of house seats not keeping up with population growth. The Senate and Electoral College have similar effects. In general, I think that this property of the US system has some desirable benefits, it acts to bias representation in a way that favors geographic diversity over pure majority rule, and I think that's useful in a large country. But I think the size of the effect has gotten larger than is probably desirable. One thing that would help is increasing the size of the House of Representatives.

- The former issue is exacerbated by intentional gerrymandering, so you end up with situations like that in WI where one party wins 54% of the vote but ends up with 36% of state assembly seats. That's an extreme case but certainly illustrative of a lack of democracy. I think we need more judicial oversight of this problem.

- The inflexibility of first-past-the-post voting and the two party system. Because we vote for representatives one at a time and you can only select one option in a given election, there is a natural pressure towards a two-party system (see Duverger's Law). The entrenchment of the two parties certainly limits the range of political views and policies which are practically feasible. Especially given how large the country is, I think a voting system which made more diverse parties viable would be good, and I think increased competition from more parties would put pressure on the existing parties to be more responsive to their constituents. There are a lot of ways this could be done, from proportional representation systems to instant run-off voting.

Philosophically, it makes great sense to pre-qualify voters in any number of ways. Are they intelligent enough to understand the issues, the positions they are voting for, the positions of the candidates on the major issues of the day? Surely, these are relevant questions. Do they pay any taxes? What organization allows decisions to be made by people who don't pay their dues?

Are they biased? In this most recent election, millions and millions of women voted for candidates merely because they were women. Blacks usually support black candidates by at least 95%, unless it's a Republican. Jews vote for jews. Muslims vote for Muslims. Catholics used to vote for Catholics. Are these rational, valuable votes? Hardly.

There is a reason why the Founding Fathers left basically NOTHING to the popular vote. The state legislatures elected senators. The Electoral College elected the President. The only thing the People could vote for was their representative in the HR, and THAT REPRESENTATIVE cast all the meaningful votes on government actions.

Starting with the elimination of "literacy tests" in the South because they often prevented "Negros" from voting, the ACLU and its subversive fellow travelers have eliminated just about every voter qualification imaginable, so that idiots, fools, dullards, slackers, know-nothings, and human lemmings carry the same power as voters as the most educated or accomplished person in the country. Motor-voter, same day registration, and other such initiatives promote the same mindless objectives - getting ignorant, gullible people to the poles.

A local radio station here in Pittsburgh used to conduct "man in the street" interviews regularly before every election, with results that were tragic-comical - every time. The people interviewed at random were almost always uninformed, stupid, and inarticulate, and yet most of them were determined to vote. Their perception of the issues was usually factually incorrect, their perception of the positions of the candidates was often 180 degrees out of touch with reality, and their knowledge of exactly what powers the elected officials had was always incorrect. And I'm not talking about political opinions; I'm talking about knowledge of, for example, what a President's powers or a legislator's powers were.

It is a travesty.

In my opinion, the worst campaigns in the world are "get out the vote" campaigns. These efforts induce people at the margins who otherwise wouldn't bother, to vote. Again, it is getting the most gullible people to the polls. It is a disgrace, and it ALWAYS favors Democrats.
No matter how ill informed, the laws in this country affect them as much as you or me. That is the whole purpose of how our government was established. No action without representation. Their voices need to be heard, too.
If you are concerned they don't know enough, maybe you should actively try to get the word out to them. Support the Junior League or work on a campaign.

You can't teach somebody about something they don't care about. The problem with our "ill-informed" is they get to vote for representatives that promise to take money from other people to give to them. That's the problem with our voting system.

It would be like if everybody here got to vote to take your money away. Where is the equity in that? I want free college, I want free trade school, I want free healthcare, and I won't pay a dime into any of these things because I don't have the money. I'm voting for somebody else to pay for these things.
"Everybody?"
The Republicans/conservatives WON in 2016. House, Senate and White House under Republican control for two solid years, Supreme Court now with a conservative majority. And still you folks are bitching and moaning about the Democrats. They lost. What in hell else do you want?

No he won't.

Everyone should vote if they're a legal citizen. The more legal voters who vote, the better.

That I know of, at the time of our Founding Fathers, there had only been two democracies--Ancient Athens and the Ancient Republic of Rome. They only allowed men with property to vote, among other exclusions, and they still failed.

It is a travesty.

You can't teach somebody about something they don't care about. The problem with our "ill-informed" is they get to vote for representatives that promise to take money from other people to give to them. That's the problem with our voting system.

It would be like if everybody here got to vote to take your money away. Where is the equity in that? I want free college, I want free trade school, I want free healthcare, and I won't pay a dime into any of these things because I don't have the money. I'm voting for somebody else to pay for these things.
"Everybody?"
The Republicans/conservatives WON in 2016. House, Senate and White House under Republican control for two solid years, Supreme Court now with a conservative majority. And still you folks are bitching and moaning about the Democrats. They lost. What in hell else do you want?

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say it sounds like he wants people to stop using their right to vote as a tool to steal from the people around them.

No he won't.

That I know of, at the time of our Founding Fathers, there had only been two democracies--Ancient Athens and the Ancient Republic of Rome. They only allowed men with property to vote, among other exclusions, and they still failed.

Yes, but it wasn't because of voting.

So you are suggesting that people pass a test before they are allowed to vote? And be like China?

Having a "Voter Wonderlic Test" would be awesome.

Only LIBERTARIANS would be allowed to VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More freedoms of the unwise brings this automatic destruction

The voting of the unwise was the big part of this

All nations that allowed the freedoms for the unwise has ALL Comited suicide

Then destruction comes and then the strong restrictions of the unwise freedoms comes

Crooks works hard to get. The unwise with freedoms to brainwash and rob the nation

All nations has destructed that gave freedoms to the unwise

So you are suggesting that people pass a test before they are allowed to vote? And be like China?

Yes China seems to be following America's wise founders. of having only the wise to vote for its leaders and doing this has increased their progress as a nation with increased GDP scores

It is a travesty.

Founders would not let people as president under 35

And the founders would not let the unwise to vote

That proves the intent of the founders only the wise can be its voters and leaders

Many treason crimes already committed over the years against the founders

Remember Rhodesia and South Africa and Venezuela bringing on a wider democracy. They all have dropped into destruction and back to the dark ages misery

Although illegal, I often wish voters would have to take and pass a reasonable 'IQ test'.
- What are the 3 Branches of Government?
- Which Branch Controls The Budget / Spending?
- Who is the current President?
- Who is the current Vice President?
- The powers of the US govt / each Branch and our judicial system / our freedoms are based on what document?

All too often we see the infamous 'man on the street' segments on TV and are amazed at how stupid the average American walking around truly is about their government.

Jonathon Gruber repeatedly declared over and over how the Democrats not only consider their average voting base to be stupid but also declared they COUNT ON how stupid they are to get away with what they get away with.

Former FBI Director James Comey, however, revealed that it is NOT JUST the average citizen who is stupid but also just how stupid Democrat Leaders / Politicians are WHEN HE PUBLICLY DECLARED HILLARY HAD BROKEN LAWS BUT WAS TOO STUPID TO KNOW SHE WAS DOING IT.

Then you have other examples like Barak Obama who declared he had visited all 57 STATES, like D-Hank Johnson who warned if the US put any more troops on Guam THE ISLAND WOULD TIP OVER, and newly elected D-A.O-Cortez who attacked Hillary over continuing to build settlements in PALESTINE...before admitting she was no rocket surgeon and has no geopolitical knowledge / experience.

So, if we actually had a 'reasonable' IQ test requiring passage to vote we might be able to weed out stupid would-be politicians as well as would-be stupid voters...which would NOT be a bad thing.
Do you think those "man on the street" interviews are showing the average American?

I loath most liberal policy and that almost never includes consideration of gender or skin color. I'll fight against any unconstitutional act.

Today's America has committed major crimes against the founders

Changing their protection of only the wise to vote and changing their states rights laws

Forum List

Back