What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Trump reverse Obama's excessive federal taxes on tobacco products?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He should - for two reasons:

1. None of that federal tax money goes toward smokers healthcare. None.

2. Since Trump is going to bring back the coal industry - polluting air, water and lungs - he should allow smokers to pay a fair and reasonable price for their tobacco products. I'm sure Appalachia would also greatly appreciate that.

Phillip Morris currently lists total government revenue, including federal, state, local, and sales taxes, as 56.6% of the estimated retail price of a pack of cigarettes.[21]

Cigarette taxes in the United States - Wikipedia

Last edited:

jc456

Diamond Member
Reaction score

2. Since Trump is going to bring back the coal industry - polluting air, water and lungs - he should allow smokers to pay a fair and reasonable price for their tobacco products. I'm sure Appalachia would also greatly appreciate that.
exactly, it goes toward government pensions. how unamerican is that.

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score

exactly, it goes toward government pensions. how unamerican is that.

Link?

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score

Phillip Morris currently lists total government revenue, including federal, state, local, and sales taxes, as 56.6% of the estimated retail price of a pack of cigarettes.[21]

Yea, inquiring drunk Indians want to know.

Fenton Lum

Gold Member
Reaction score

Yea, inquiring drunk Indians want to know.

No one in america ever gave a fuck about "Indians".

AnCap'n_Murica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Holy moley, Rocky! A Dorkhota thread that doesn't include a link to one of their paymasters @ HuffPo, Mother Jones, Media Matters, etc.!

<faint>

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List