Will the United States again respect Science?

As with other disciplines, Americans have been subjected to a contempt for the science of climatology that has festered in the highest echelons of government recently.

The stark disparity between reality and crackpot notions has dire ramifications, and no, ingesting disinfectants will not protect you from the ravages of unchecked fossil fuel consumption.
Climate change is making people sick and leading to premature death, according to a pair of influential reports on the connections between global warming and health.

Scientists from the World Meteorological Organization released a preliminary report on the global climate which shows that the last decade was the warmest on record and that millions of people were affected by wildfires, floods and extreme heat this year on top of the global pandemic.

Separately, a sprawling analysis published Wednesday by the medical research journal The Lancet focuses on public health data from 2019, and finds that heat waves, air pollution and extreme weather increasingly damage human health. It is the most comprehensive annual report yet on the nexus of climate and health, and is routinely cited by climate policymakers. The authors include dozens of physicians and public health experts from around the world.

Both reports make an explicit connection between death, disease and burning fossil fuels.

This foolishness has not only been an embarrassment for the United States that has surrendered leadership in the global crisis. It is a perverse refutation that will have severe economic impact, provoke mass migrations, and destroy quality of life for humans as well as other species.

Will the nation step up to face this enormous challenge that is already wreaking havoc?

Climate is what we expect, weather is what we actually get ...

Why do you think a single degree centigrade higher temperature from 100 years ago is "wreaking havoc" ... whereas the quadrupling of human population in those same 100 years is completely benign? ... that makes no sense at all ...

20% of the world's population has no electric service ... no refrigeration, no stove ... what manner of heartless monster advocates keeping these folks in such a state of deprivation? ... cruel and evil ... all to save TWO lousy degrees centigrade over the next 100 years ... IPCC AR5 WG1 fig 12-5 ... 2ºC ... for this a billion children must toil day in and day out collecting firewood just so the family can cook their meals ...

There's science and then there's being a bitter hateful fool ...

As with other disciplines, Americans have been subjected to a contempt for the science of climatology that has festered in the highest echelons of government recently.

The stark disparity between reality and crackpot notions has dire ramifications, and no, ingesting disinfectants will not protect you from the ravages of unchecked fossil fuel consumption.
Climate change is making people sick and leading to premature death, according to a pair of influential reports on the connections between global warming and health.

Scientists from the World Meteorological Organization released a preliminary report on the global climate which shows that the last decade was the warmest on record and that millions of people were affected by wildfires, floods and extreme heat this year on top of the global pandemic.

Separately, a sprawling analysis published Wednesday by the medical research journal The Lancet focuses on public health data from 2019, and finds that heat waves, air pollution and extreme weather increasingly damage human health. It is the most comprehensive annual report yet on the nexus of climate and health, and is routinely cited by climate policymakers. The authors include dozens of physicians and public health experts from around the world.

Both reports make an explicit connection between death, disease and burning fossil fuels.

This foolishness has not only been an embarrassment for the United States that has surrendered leadership in the global crisis. It is a perverse refutation that will have severe economic impact, provoke mass migrations, and destroy quality of life for humans as well as other species.

Will the nation step up to face this enormous challenge that is already wreaking havoc?

"Many carbon-intensive practices and policies lead to poor air quality, poor food quality, and poor housing quality, which disproportionately harm the health of disadvantaged populations," the authors of The Lancet analysis write.

Many carbon-intensive practices and policies lead to food and housing for disadvantaged populations.

How many trillions of dollars do we need to invest in windmills to prevent this?
Wow, you really need some new material.

Why should I change a winning formula?
Ah yes, the troll declaration of victory. Also tired.

How will we know when we've spent enough?

Before you run away.
Please let FFI run away...

I on the other hand, am directly descended from God.
So you're nuts, eh? Okay.

And you're pond scum. God gave me dominion over you.
Sorry son...i am a grown man. I don't believe in your imaginary friends.

Not quite. You might have evolved into a full-grown ape but we descendants of God still have dominion over you. Lower forms of life are only suitable for being made into pets, or to be eaten.

Not quite. You might have evolved into a full-grown ape but we descendants of God still have dominion over you. Lower forms of life are only suitable for being made into pets, or to be eaten.
One expects auch delusions of grandeur from the childish mind of a religious person who thinks he must be special, and so he invents a special sky daddy that tells him he is special. Adorable!

The RWNJs' belief in science changed little to none during the impeached president trump's regime. Those fools only believe a learned expert when his (or her) opinion advances the RWNJs' agenda, which is a rarity.

Climate change, and mankind's significant contribution to it, has been understood by the scientific community since the 1950s. The fossil fuel industry has known this for the same period of time. But, Big Oil also knew they could rely on the stupidity (not ignorance) of the right-wingers to fight against science to protect their supply of gasoline, natural gas, stove oil, coal, or which ever other heating fuel and engine fuel in their region was preferred.

Who have been the beneficiaries of this decades-long opposition to scientific knowledge by the right-wingers? Big Oil, of course.

Anytime the RWNJs pool their stupidity, Corporate America makes a killing.

The RWNJs' belief in science changed little to none during the impeached president trump's regime. Those fools only believe a learned expert when his (or her) opinion advances the RWNJs' agenda, which is a rarity.

Climate change, and mankind's significant contribution to it, has been understood by the scientific community since the 1950s. The fossil fuel industry has known this for the same period of time. But, Big Oil also knew they could rely on the stupidity (not ignorance) of the right-wingers to fight against science to protect their supply of gasoline, natural gas, stove oil, coal, or which ever other heating fuel and engine fuel in their region was preferred.

Who have been the beneficiaries of this decades-long opposition to scientific knowledge by the right-wingers? Big Oil, of course.

Anytime the RWNJs pool their stupidity, Corporate America makes a killing.

Political hackery, which is what we see in the OP, is not science.

Climate science has never been proven in court before judge. We would need evidence.

So..eat me!

One expects auch delusions of grandeur from the childish mind of a religious person who thinks he must be special, and so he invents a special sky daddy that tells him he is special. Adorable!

Sit Fido! Now roll over.

Sit Fido! Now roll over.
Aw, how sweet. Is god in the room with us right now, son? Adorable!

Biology deniers like you shouldn’t be lecturing anyone about science.
28C0388E-5697-4913-AF55-C42B634FA871.jpeg

Forum List

Back