Will the Republican party ever have another Coolidge?

Or will the Republican Party continue to be progressively worse. Will we just have more and more Bushes, Trumps and Desantis?

I wonder what will the future of the Republican Party be say 30 years from now. ? Is there any hope that the party will go back to being a party of the fiscal conservativism and smaller Fed government?
OMG!!! You saw I listed him as one of the top 4 Presidents ever!!??

No.

Of course, it was never a party of ‘fiscal conservatism.’

Advocating for reckless, irresponsible, and unwarranted deregulation and tax cuts is wrongheaded and dangerous fiscal dogma.

As for ‘small government’ – in the coming decades the Republican party will become even more reactionary and authoritarian as it seeks to oppose positive, beneficial change, inclusion, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty.

Expect Republicans to continue to pursue big government authoritarianism with policies intended to discriminate against and disadvantage gay and transgender Americans, Americans of color, women, religious minorities, and immigrants.

The GOP: more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – more book bans, more attacks on freedom of expression, and more contempt for freedom of the press.
Hey Goober, did you read the OP? Have a grown up read it to you

Sadly my party cannot do a great job as neither side of the duopoly will ever give them a chance.

But there is no way the Libertarians could fuck things up as badly as the Dems/Repubs have.

You are a propagandist for the monopoly.

Republicans will continue to practice white grievance politics and racist replacement theory – as the country becomes more racially and ethnically diverse, expect more big government authoritarianism from the right; efforts to disenfranchise voters of color, hateful nativist policies to disadvantage immigrants.

The GOP is a party motivated by fear, ignorance, and hate – and so motivated with use the authority of the state to enact big government authoritarian measures to remain in power.

Thank goodness we have the democrat party that is full of love.....more more more abortions and killing, and sanity as they push chopping off or adding body parts as they can't figure out what they are and of course addressing themselves as a they or them and identifying as a goat yearning to marry their computer.

Republicans will continue to practice white grievance politics and racist replacement theory – as the country becomes more racially and ethnically diverse, expect more big government authoritarianism from the right; efforts to disenfranchise voters of color, hateful nativist policies to disadvantage immigrants.

The GOP is a party motivated by fear, ignorance, and hate – and so motivated with use the authority of the state to enact big government authoritarian measures to remain in power.
No matter how much you dream of an America without borders, we will always have them.

Or will the Republican Party continue to be progressively worse. Will we just have more and more Bushes, Trumps and Desantis?

I wonder what will the future of the Republican Party be say 30 years from now. ? Is there any hope that the party will go back to being a party of the fiscal conservativism and smaller Fed government?
So you dream of a president whose policies contributed to the Great Depression? Oh dear lord.

So you dream of a president whose policies contributed to the Great Depression? Oh dear lord.

He was the last conservative president, I can see why you would hate him.

A lot of things contributed to the Great Depression. But sure, his failure to bail out farmers is why we give farmers some 20 billion dollars a year now in redistributed tax dollars. Great trade off.

If we ever did get another Calvin Coolidge, the Democrats and their media would mercilessly trash him or her for their fiscal conservatism, smaller government, controlled immigration policies.

And you would jump right on that bandwagon.

If we ever did get another Calvin Coolidge, the Democrats and their media would mercilessly trash him or her for their fiscal conservatism, smaller government, controlled immigration policies.

As would you and all the Republicans.

Are you saying open borders is the answer to debt?

I am saying that once the debt gets too big to handle we may not have any borders at all.

But people like you cannot care about the debt because your beloved party does not

I am saying that once the debt gets too big to handle we may not have any borders at all.

But people like you cannot care about the debt because your beloved party does not
Well, isn’t that the objective of the left, and RINOs that have sold out to them?

Cloward & Piven, overload to break the system, in order to rebuild the system the way THEY believe it should be?

“People like me” are heartbroken that representatives like McConnell have thrown in with Democrats on spending..

It’s like the scene from Saving Pvt. Ryan, where the American solider is in a hand to hand battle with the German they let loose earlier, and the German is on top of the American with a knife at his chest….The German is telling the American “shhh, shhh, it’s ok, it’ll all be over, just take it” until he plunges the knife and kills the American. Opum, the other American, is frozen in fear on the stairs.

It’s not about “beloved party” or whatever pejorative you wish to make up, to insult, it’s about the people being powerless after the slime is sworn in.

Well, isn’t that the objective of the left, and RINOs that have sold out to them?

There are no RINOs. Thus the point of this thread. Coolidge was the last actual conservative president, and you attack him for causing the Great Depression. Even you do not support fiscal conservatism with your votes.

“People like me” are heartbroken that representatives like McConnell have thrown in with Democrats on spending..

Yet people like you keep voting for them.

No....the United States will never have another....in case you missed it since he was elected we have the invention of SS and Great Society programs like Medicare and Medicaid....it's not possible to have that sort of Govt anymore

Forum List

Back