Will the 8th Amendment reduce Trump's $500,000,000 in "fines"? (Poll)

Will Trump get his $500,000,000 "fines" reduced by appealing to the USSC?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
We are not witnessing justice...What we are witnessing is the misuse of law...
Yeah. You're such little fucking victims. Everyone is out to get you. Boo hoo. You MAGAts are like Trump's momma, "he's a good boy and he's never done nothin' wrong" :lmao:

Again, if Trump were an honest businessman, you MIGHT have a point.

But

The Trump Foundation- where they took money intended for Veterans and spent it on themselves.
Trump University- where people paid thousands for useless classes.
Six bankruptcies where someone else was left holding the bag.

Trump has a long list of corruption he's gotten away with, he's just not getting away with it anymore.
Yet, the Clinton foundation was squeaky clean right?

Trump may have a Supreme Trump card to play. The 8th Amendment. How can he use it?

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

In 1998, however, the Court injected vitality into the strictures of the clause. “The touchstone of the constitutional inquiry under the Excessive Fines Clause is the principle of proportionality: The amount of the forfeiture must bear some relationship to the gravity of the offense that it is designed to punish.” 9 In United States v. Bajakajian,10 the government sought to require that a criminal defendant charged with violating federal reporting requirements regarding the transportation of more than $10,000 in currency out of the country forfeit the currency involved, which totaled $357,144. The Court held that the forfeiture11 in this particular case violated the Excessive Fines Cause because the amount forfeited was “grossly disproportionate to the gravity of defendant’s offense.” 12 In determining proportionality, the Court did not limit itself to a comparison of the fine amount to the proven offense, but it also considered the particular facts of the case, the character of the defendant, and the harm caused by the offense

Does the Eighth Amendment only apply to the Federal Government, or does it protect all citizens?
It applies to all CRIMINAL cases.

It doesn't mention civil cases...?

Though I understand how the judge came to this number, the fine is excessive imho, he can likely get the amount reduced greatly, on appeal, without needing the eighth amendment....

Yet, the Clinton foundation was squeaky clean right?

Well, it wasn't banned from charity work like the Trump Foundation was.

NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James today released the following statement after Donald J. Trump was forced to pay more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for illegally misusing charitable funds at the Trump Foundation for political purposes:

“Not only has the Trump Foundation shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain. Charities are not a means to an end, which is why these damages speak to the president’s abuse of power and represent a victory for not-for-profits that follow the law. Funds have finally gone where they deserve — to eight credible charities. My office will continue to fight for accountability because no one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the president of the United States.”

As part of a resolution of the lawsuit announced on November 7th, Trump was ordered to pay $2 million, or $250,000, a piece to eight different charities. Those charities are Army Emergency Relief, the Children’s Aid Society, Citymeals-on-Wheels, Give an Hour, Martha’s Table, the United Negro College Fund, the United Way of National Capital Area, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. Additionally, Trump was forced to reimburse his namesake foundation $11,525 for sports paraphernalia and champagne purchased at a charity gala, which was added to $1,797,598.30 already in the foundation’s bank account. The combined $1,809,123.30 was split evenly and recently transferred to the eight agreed upon charities. Each charity ended up receiving a total of $476,140.41.

You dipshits continue to believe whatever MAGAt media tells you nevermind how wrong they continue to be. :itsok:
LOL, funny how you libs always accuse others of exactly what you are doing. the left wing media has been lying to you for years and like blind sheep you continue to buy into their bullshit. you libs are the most pathetic creatures on earth.

LOL, funny how you libs always accuse others of exactly what you are doing. the left wing media has been lying to you for years and like blind sheep you continue to buy into their bullshit. you libs are the most pathetic creatures on earth.
I do my own thinking. I read stories for whatever facts they have then I think for myself. Try doing it some time.

Yeah. You're such little fucking victims. Everyone is out to get you. Boo hoo. You MAGAts are like Trump's momma, "he's a good boy and he's never done nothin' wrong" :lmao:
what laws did he break in NY? Who was the victim? The banks say they were paid in full plus interest and want Trump as a customer again. Who was harmed? Did the banks fail to do due dilligence when the signed the loans? no. There was no crime committed.

I do my own thinking. I read stories for whatever facts they have then I think for myself. Try doing it some time.
you obviously do not do that, because all you do here is repeat the lying talking points pumped into your head by the lying media and the lying dems. Turn off CNN and MSNBC and listen to other sources of news. Not saying Fox and Newsmax are not biased, but they at least let both sides speak and give equal time to all viewpoints.

the judgement will be completely overturned on appeal, he will owe zero

A judge gave Trump 30 days to pay the $454 million civil fraud judgment. He'll owe an additional $112,000 in interest each day he doesn't.​

We are going to laugh and laugh and laugh in MAGA's face when he pays, which will be sooner than later.

A judge gave Trump 30 days to pay the $454 million civil fraud judgment. He'll owe an additional $112,000 in interest each day he doesn't.​

We are going to laugh and laugh and laugh in MAGA's face when he pays, which will be sooner than later.

he will put up the money required for appeal, then win on appeal and the crooked judge and DA will be put on trial for fraudulent prosecution and both will lose their jobs, this is far from over.

Donald Trump violated New York state Executive Law 63/12 by submitting a series of false financial statements.

The victim, when any state law is broken, is the state.

His violations are listed in detail here: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/egpbajldovq/Trump-order-20240216.pdf

The specific state law he violated is here: New York Executive Law § 63(12) - Wikipedia.

I realize that Trumpsters have to play the victim game, remain wilfully ignorant and lie like hell, but those are the facts, and they cannot be changed.

what laws did he break in NY? Who was the victim? The banks say they were paid in full plus interest and want Trump as a customer again. Who was harmed? Did the banks fail to do due dilligence when the signed the loans? no. There was no crime committed.

you obviously do not do that, because all you do here is repeat the lying talking points pumped into your head by the lying media and the lying dems. Turn off CNN and MSNBC and listen to other sources of news. Not saying Fox and Newsmax are not biased, but they at least let both sides speak and give equal time to all viewpoints.
I don't even watch CNN or MSNBC. :lmao: You're just swinging wildly in the dark and making shit up.

As Engoron said when he ruled against this argument during trial the marketplace itself is victimized by fraud. If one business is allowed to lie to get favorable loans based on fraud that gives an advantage to them over their competitors who aren't engaging in fraud.

Forum List

Back