Will the 8th Amendment reduce Trump's $500,000,000 in "fines"? (Poll)

Will Trump get his $500,000,000 "fines" reduced by appealing to the USSC?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I really don't care how it is you became a bitch for Trump.
Your use of vocabulary exposes you.

I have supported Biden where his policies make sense. That foes for any politician. I was critical of Trump failing to get the U.S deficit under control, he definitely tried though, he kept the government shutdown for 2-3 weeks. I am critical of the open border under Biden which has to have given Trump a significant boost in his voting base.

If people want to continue to repeat the narrative promoted by those who have no clue of what challenges the U.S are facing, especially in the long-term; they can do so. I won't be one of them. These are very dangerous times and no amount of nice words and optics will change this fact.

Your use of vocabulary exposes you.

I have supported Biden where his policies make sense. That foes for any politician. I was critical of Trump failing to get the U.S deficit under control, he definitely tried though, he kept the government shutdown for 2-3 weeks. I am critical of the open border under Biden which has to have given Trump a significant boost in his voting base.

If people want to continue to repeat the narrative promoted by those who have no clue of what challenges the U.S are facing, especially in the long-term; they can do so. I won't be one of them. These are very dangerous times and no amount of nice words and optics will change this fact.
My comment has nothing to do with what policy you support and instead everything to do with you crying like a bitch that everyone is being unfair to Trump. He lost in court. Plug your pussy up.

So it sounds like the legal experts think that Trump can't appeal to the USSC, just the NYSC.

If that last straw to grasp is an illusion Trump gets hosed for $500m, and who knows how many wealthy people will flee NY for safer climes.

I would have guessed that the US Constitution supersedes State laws to protect our rights...and been wrong.

So it sounds like the legal experts think that Trump can't appeal to the USSC, just the NYSC.

If that last straw to grasp is an illusion Trump gets hosed for $500m, and who knows how many wealthy people will flee NY for safer climes.

I would have guessed that the US Constitution supersedes State laws to protect our rights...and been wrong.

And individual can appeal anything.

That doesn't mean the appeals court whether New York's highest appellate court, or if they fail there, appealing to the SCOTUS.

However for an appellate court to accept a case there must be appealable issues for them to resolve. I think the "legal experts" you are claiming are saying that an appeal is likely to fail on being accepted, not that they can't submit one.

WW

And individual can appeal anything.
That doesn't mean the appeals court whether New York's highest appellate court, or if they fail there, appealing to the SCOTUS.
However for an appellate court to accept a case there must be appealable issues for them to resolve. I think the "legal experts" you are claiming are saying that an appeal is likely to fail on being accepted, not that they can't submit one.
WW
LOL!! So Trump still has a "straw" to grasp.

"..so you're tellin' me there's a chance."

This is a disgorgement case, not a "fine" case.

If it was disgorgement, the ill gotten gains would go to the victims.

Further - look for disgorgement in the statute - it ain't there as a remedy.

You've shown a modicum of integrity on this forum, don't waste it on such a bullshit semantic issue.

If it was disgorgement, the ill gotten gains would go to the victims.

There is nothing in NY law 65(12) that says the disgorgement must go to anyone.

Further - look for disgorgement in the statute - it ain't there as a remedy.

Sure it is, it's listed as restitution and damages.

You've shown a modicum of integrity on this forum, don't waste it on such a bullshit semantic issue.

Don't worry, my integrity is intact.

WW

There is nothing in NY law 65(12) that says the disgorgement must go to anyone.

Only if you ignore the purpose of the statute and it's 70 years of implementation. Both the AP and the NY Times have looked at the 70 year history of his statue and both concluded this use of the statute by James and the judgement are unprecedented. No victim, no damage.

The $350,000,000 is a fine, plain and simple
Sure it is, it's listed as restitution and damages.
Nope. Read the statue

Only if you ignore the purpose of the statute and it's 70 years of implementation. Both the AP and the NY Times have looked at the 70 year history of his statue and both concluded this use of the statute by James and the judgement are unprecedented. No victim, no damage.

The $350,000,000 is a fine, plain and simple

Nope. Read the statue

I did, I pointed out it refers to damages and restitution. That is what disgorgement is.

WW

Forum List

Back