Will the $2000 Stimulus Get Through Congress This Week ?

Uh huh, and pigs will fly, too!
3 More Republicans have signed on now, to vote for it. $2000 checks, here we go!
Should be 51-49 in favor of the checks. (if all the Democrats vote for it, and all the other Republicans vote against it).

My guess is that other Republicans (besides these 4) will vote for it too, and it will pass.

3 More Republicans have signed on now, to vote for it. $2000 checks, here we go!
Should be 51-49 in favor of the checks. (if all the Democrats vote for it, and all the other Republicans vote against it).

My guess is that other Republicans (besides these 4) will vote for it too, and it will pass.
Moscow's bitch Mitch won't bring it up for a vote.

They need to get to 60 votes, with Hawley, Graham, Rubio and the 2 GA senators and Kelly now able to vote right away in AZ they need 7 seats. My guess is Collins and Murkowski are easy yes. Fischer from NB came out in support. So you now need 4 more.

My guess is they get at least 4 from:
Scott-SC, Johnson-WI, Romney-UT, Toomey-PA, Cotton-AL, Scott-FL, Ernst-IA, Portman-OH, Burr-NC and Tillis l-NC
They will probably get more

60 votes are needed. With Kelly replacing Sally that is 48 votes. Add NB senator, Hawley, Rubio and Graham, 2 GA senators and your are at 54. Collins and Murkowski are foresure. Your at 56. Only 4 more are need. Toomey, Portman, Johnson, Ernst, Burr, R Scott and Tillis are all in swing states. Then you have T Scott in SC who will make a push for the GOP nomination. They will get the 60 votes.

Lol you people talk out of your asses. He will bring it to a vote and it will pass

Right now, that is. As more pressure is exerted on more Republican Senators, and more and more of them come out in favor of the $2000, eventually McConnell will have to bend to their will. If Trump is confirmed president, as is beginning to look very possible, with Pence casting the deciding vote for the republican electors, Republican senators will be caving in like dominoes.

A little wishful thinking on my part here, but nothing too implausible. McConnell has to realize that the business community needs the $2000 checks too. Their stores is where that money is going to wind up going. No checks. No $2000 sales. Business leaders need to rag McConnell out.

Do you think Trump is still going to support this? I don't.
Too late--he signed it.
Doesn't matter. It's separate legislation.

Plus either the senate will kill it, he won't sign it, or it will take too long and not get finished before time runs out.

I agree, I think the senate will kill it so it won't ever reach Trump's desk. The House will pass it pretty easy demonstrating that Democrats own the House but in the end it will have to be voted on again in the new Congress and those Georgia elections are looking more and more important. Sadly the Republicans probably hang onto them.

It's basically a win fo Democrats...

Mitch killed it and Democrats are getting a boost in Georgia... They can say they tried to deliver what the President Trump wanted but the GOP Senators, including the ones running put a stop to it.... Might not change many votes but level infighting can affect enthusiasm on the GOP side... Trump is making it look like he is running as a third party candidate.... You know Trump wanted Doug Collins...

Trump created this, what can we say ? Thanks....

GOP is eating itself up from inside, just pass the popcorn...

It's basically a win fo Democrats...

Mitch killed it and Democrats are getting a boost in Georgia... They can say they tried to deliver what the President Trump wanted but the GOP Senators, including the ones running put a stop to it.... Might not change many votes but level infighting can affect enthusiasm on the GOP side... Trump is making it look like he is running as a third party candidate.... You know Trump wanted Doug Collins...

Trump created this, what can we say ? Thanks....

GOP is eating itself up from inside, just pass the popcorn...
Dreaming out loud. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back