Will the $2000 Stimulus Get Through Congress This Week ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013

"Legislation to increase direct payment checks to $2,000, will be brought to the floor tomorrow,”
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement Sunday night. (tonight). It will surely pass in the House.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday night (about an hour ago) he will attempt to pass $2,000 checks in the Senate, but he is all but guaranteed to face objections from some Republicans.

"SOME" Republicans ? There are 45 Democrats in the Senate + 2 Independents who caucus with them. All 47 are expected to vote for the $2000 stimulus checks. So the checks don't need ALL the Senate Republicans, they only need a few to get a majority vote. Lindsey Graham has announced his support for Trump and the $2000 checks. That brings the numbers to 52 to 48, unless there are other Senate Republicans that will vote with Graham and Trump. Should be interesting. Bears watching.

Sen. Lindsay Graham Announces Support For $2000 Stimulus Checks

Good to see. From a political standpoint, its good to see the GOP in such turmoil

Yes, it's great to see American wealth being taken from poor and middle-class Americans and given to other nations as well as major corporations and politically connected elites. Poor and middle-class Americans don't need $2K. They'll have to do with $600 because the other $1,400 PER PERSON is needed on the aforementioned. All hail the party!

Do you think Trump is still going to support this? I don't.
The impeached president trump pulled the same bullsh!t as a businessman. People would hash out the details, get agreements made, contracts signed, then trump would arrive and blow the deal apart.

The House only gave the American people $600. President Trump demanded $2000 and he got it. Are you drunk?

The impeached president trump pulled the same bullsh!t as a businessman. People would hash out the details, get agreements made, contracts signed, then trump would arrive and blow the deal apart.

The House only gave the American people $600. President Trump demanded $2000 and he got it. Are you drunk?

Sorry, I must have missed something. How did Trump get $2000 for everyone? Didn't he just sign the bill providing $600 per person?

It must be terrible to live with such unbridled anger. And that would be "forever acquitted" president Trump.

Wrong--$600 per person and child, $300/wk fed unemployment supplement until Mar.

"Legislation to increase direct payment checks to $2,000, will be brought to the floor tomorrow,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement Sunday night. (tonight). It will surely pass in the House.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday night (about an hour ago) he will attempt to pass $2,000 checks in the Senate, but he is all but guaranteed to face objections from some Republicans.

"SOME" Republicans ? There are 45 Democrats in the Senate + 2 Independents who caucus with them. All 47 are expected to vote for the $2000 stimulus checks. So the checks don't need ALL the Senate Republicans, they only need a few to get a majority vote. Lindsey Graham has announced his support for Trump and the $2000 checks. That brings the numbers to 52 to 48, unless there are other Senate Republicans that will vote with Graham and Trump. Should be interesting. Bears watching.

Sen. Lindsay Graham Announces Support For $2000 Stimulus Checks
No. Further relief will be left to President Biden and the 117th Congress after he is sworn in on January 20th.

Here is his statement, so yes, he does.-
As President of the United States it is my responsibility to protect the people of our country from the economic devastation and hardship that was caused by the China Virus. I understand that many small businesses have been forced to close as a result of harsh actions by Democrat-run states. Many people are back to work, but my job is not done until everyone is back to work. Fortunately, as a result of my work with Congress in passing the CARES Act earlier this year, we avoided another Great Depression. Under my leadership, Project Warp Speed has been a tremendous success, my Administration and I developed a vaccine many years ahead of wildest expectations, and we are distributing these vaccines, and others soon coming, to millions of people. As President, I have told Congress that I want far less wasteful spending and more money going to the American people in the form of $2,000 checks per adult and $600 per child. As President I am demanding many rescissions under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. The Act provides that, “whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided, or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message” describing the amount to be reserved, the relevant accounts, the reasons for the rescission, and the economic effects of the rescission. 2 U.S.C. § 683. I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill. I am signing this bill to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP, return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more. On Monday the House will vote to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Therefore, a family of four would receive $5,200. Additionally, Congress has promised that Section 230, which so unfairly benefits Big Tech at the expense of the American people, will be reviewed and either be terminated or substantially reformed. Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election. The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud. Big Tech must not get protections of Section 230! Voter Fraud must be fixed! Much more money is coming. I will never give up my fight for the American people!

Sorry, I must have missed something. How did Trump get $2000 for everyone? Didn't he just sign the bill providing $600 per person?
Congress is voting tomorrow for a bill that provides $2000. Search around, it's there.

Wrong--$600 per person and child, $300/wk fed unemployment supplement until Mar.
You obviously haven't read this.

Forum List

Back