Will the $2000 Stimulus Get Through Congress This Week ?

Do you think Trump is still going to support this? I don't.
The impeached president trump pulled the same bullsh!t as a businessman. People would hash out the details, get agreements made, contracts signed, then trump would arrive and blow the deal apart.

The House only gave the American people $600. President Trump demanded $2000 and he got it. Are you drunk?

Sorry, I must have missed something. How did Trump get $2000 for everyone? Didn't he just sign the bill providing $600 per person?
Congress is voting tomorrow for a bill that provides $2000. Search around, it's there.
That is the House of Representatives. Senate Republicans have to go for it and nobody has heard a thing from them since trump thumb-printed signature, but they have rejected the idea in the run up to passing the $600. Mitch most likely looks at it as a win over the Dems, holding them to $600. I will believe it when I see it. You guys don't have a good track record of being right.

Does not matter what is in the OP as far as trump being able to exercise power beyond January 20th, and January 20th is no 45 days away.
I wasn't talking about beyond January 20th, I was talking about TODAY.

THIS is what I was saying FALSE to, (not what you falsely put in the quote box)>>

"No. Further relief will be left to President Biden and the 117th Congress after he is sworn in on January 20th."

So again, I say FALSE! Read the OP. Make special note of the word > TOMORROW (which is now TODAY)

The impeached president trump pulled the same bullsh!t as a businessman. People would hash out the details, get agreements made, contracts signed, then trump would arrive and blow the deal apart.

The House only gave the American people $600. President Trump demanded $2000 and he got it. Are you drunk?

Sorry, I must have missed something. How did Trump get $2000 for everyone? Didn't he just sign the bill providing $600 per person?
Congress is voting tomorrow for a bill that provides $2000. Search around, it's there.
That is the House of Representatives. Senate Republicans have to go for it and nobody has heard a thing from them since trump thumb-printed signature, but they have rejected the idea in the run up to passing the $600. Mitch most likely looks at it as a win over the Dems, holding them to $600. I will believe it when I see it. You guys don't have a good track record of being right.
I have a very good track record. It will pass the Senate.

Doesn't matter. It's separate legislation.

Plus either the senate will kill it, he won't sign it, or it will take too long and not get finished before time runs out.
There's a scenario you left out. The Senate may pass it. :biggrin: :slap:

1609138357996.png

Here is his statement, so yes, he does.-
As President of the United States it is my responsibility to protect the people of our country from the economic devastation and hardship that was caused by the China Virus. I understand that many small businesses have been forced to close as a result of harsh actions by Democrat-run states. Many people are back to work, but my job is not done until everyone is back to work. Fortunately, as a result of my work with Congress in passing the CARES Act earlier this year, we avoided another Great Depression. Under my leadership, Project Warp Speed has been a tremendous success, my Administration and I developed a vaccine many years ahead of wildest expectations, and we are distributing these vaccines, and others soon coming, to millions of people. As President, I have told Congress that I want far less wasteful spending and more money going to the American people in the form of $2,000 checks per adult and $600 per child. As President I am demanding many rescissions under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. The Act provides that, “whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided, or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message” describing the amount to be reserved, the relevant accounts, the reasons for the rescission, and the economic effects of the rescission. 2 U.S.C. § 683. I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill. I am signing this bill to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP, return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more. On Monday the House will vote to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Therefore, a family of four would receive $5,200. Additionally, Congress has promised that Section 230, which so unfairly benefits Big Tech at the expense of the American people, will be reviewed and either be terminated or substantially reformed. Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election. The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud. Big Tech must not get protections of Section 230! Voter Fraud must be fixed! Much more money is coming. I will never give up my fight for the American people!

Read between the lines. And besides, he has no clue what he is talking about concerning much of that.

Too late--he signed it.

Plus either the senate will kill it, he won't sign it, or it will take too long and not get finished before time runs out.

I agree, I think the senate will kill it so it won't ever reach Trump's desk. The House will pass it pretty easy demonstrating that Democrats own the House but in the end it will have to be voted on again in the new Congress and those Georgia elections are looking more and more important. Sadly the Republicans probably hang onto them.

Does not matter what is in the OP as far as trump being able to exercise power beyond January 20th, and January 20th is no 45 days away.
I wasn't talking about beyond January 20th, I was talking about TODAY.

THIS is what I was saying FALSE to, (not what you falsely put in the quote box)>>

"No. Further relief will be left to President Biden and the 117th Congress after he is sworn in on January 20th."

So again, I say FALSE! Read the OP. Make special note of the word > TOMORROW (which is now TODAY)

The senate is not likely to pass it or really take anything Trump said about the last bill seriously. Why? He's lame. :auiqs.jpg:

Too late--he signed it.

I agree, I think the senate will kill it so it won't ever reach Trump's desk. The House will pass it pretty easy demonstrating that Democrats own the House but in the end it will have to be voted on again in the new Congress and those Georgia elections are looking more and more important. Sadly the Republicans probably hang onto them.
Actually the last polls I saw said otherwise, and do t forget that two of tRump's leading conspiracy wackos, I mean lawyers, are telling everyone not to vote because somehow that will expose the fraud and save tRump's elections.

Too late--he signed it.

Actually the last polls I saw said otherwise, and do t forget that two of tRump's leading conspiracy wackos, I mean lawyers, are telling everyone not to vote because somehow that will expose the fraud and save tRump's elections.

I admit, I'm being pessimistic.

if they want to send us some money, we'll spend it, probably to pay our taxes, but not hold my breath.

We're talking about the $2000 stimulus. Are you awake ?

Uh huh, and pigs will fly, too!
3 More Republicans have signed on now, to vote for it. $2000 checks, here we go!
Should be 51-49 in favor of the checks. (if all the Democrats vote for it, and all the other Republicans vote against it).

My guess is that other Republicans (besides these 4) will vote for it too, and it will pass.

I look forward to my $2,000 check. But even more do I look forward to the ever-increasing checks Xiden/Xarris will be sending me each month.

Of course it doesn't matter to me that the checks won't buy much - I laid in a lifetime supply of my basic needs and small luxuries by mid-November. Yes, there will be shortages when (a) The Xiden National 100 day/100% lockdown closes all the ports and few remaining American factories and (b) Nobody has to work because money is free.

If your pantry isn't full you have a few days left to get off your ass.

if they want to send us some money, we'll spend it, probably to pay our taxes, but not hold my breath.
LOL Gov gives us money, we give it back.

Forum List

Back