Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

...Democrats say the House impeached President Trump...
It did.

...OK, when does the trial begin?...
When those jurors who colluded with the accused step aside in favor of those who can take and keep their juror's oath....
Trying impeachments is given to a Political Body, the US Senate.
...Democrats cannot have it both ways...
I suspect that the Supreme Court will need to rule on pre-trial collusion and inability to keep their juror's oath.
The US Senate has the SOLE power to try impeachments, SCOTUS has no role in impeachments.
...Meanwhile, the odds of impeachment and removal dropped to 9.3%. On December 1, 2018, they were at 56.2%.
The odds don't matter... the Trial does... a number of prospective jurors will need to recuse themselves.
No one is going to recuse themselves.

In fact, it's just as likely that the House never follows through and actually impeaches him.

Why has Trump kept up and even increased military aid to Ukraine?
He hasn't. The congress has done that. Trump's only contribution was to withold aid to blackmail Ukraine, which he had to stop doing, once he was caught doing it.

Why did Obama Ukrainian military aid

Thanks for helping Trump win 2020
Obama didn't withhold military aid. He withheld weapons that prevented escalation that was causing horrendous collateral damage to civilian casualties on both sides of the civil war. Ukraine had a poorly trained and corrupt military. They had no shortage of light infantry weapons such as rifles and mortars since they were produced in Ukraine and also being provided by EU nations. What they needed most was training and expensive gear used by light infantry soldiers, both of which were provided extensively.
Weapons are military aid simpleton...…………….
The simpleton is you if you think there are no restrictions on military aid currently being provided to Ukraine.
Why should we give the Ukraine anything as Russia can walk in and take that aid for their selves unless we also go in and start WW3

Fuck the Ukraine

Fuck Germany twice for buying billions in Russian gas

Trump is right all the way around and back
Yes it seems that our dealings with Ukraine is causing many terrible outcomes back here, so it's either that we are corrupting them or they are corrupting us. Time to leave Ukraine alone maybe ?
We do not want to leave them completely alone or Russia will move back in and begin reannexing the soviet union. Yet we can not give them top secret arms either as the Russians will steal them and understand our systems better

Why did Obama Ukrainian military aid

Thanks for helping Trump win 2020
Obama didn't withhold military aid. He withheld weapons that prevented escalation that was causing horrendous collateral damage to civilian casualties on both sides of the civil war. Ukraine had a poorly trained and corrupt military. They had no shortage of light infantry weapons such as rifles and mortars since they were produced in Ukraine and also being provided by EU nations. What they needed most was training and expensive gear used by light infantry soldiers, both of which were provided extensively.
The simpleton is you if you think there are no restrictions on military aid currently being provided to Ukraine.
Why should we give the Ukraine anything as Russia can walk in and take that aid for their selves unless we also go in and start WW3

Fuck the Ukraine

Why has Trump kept up and even increased military aid to Ukraine?
Second rate arms, Japan for instance has F35's a top of the line fighter oddly enough. The Ukraine is getting yesterdays missiles, yea they work but the Russians have far better

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
Only someone who feels they have a weak case delays the start of a trial.
... or ... someone who was already told by those in charge of the trial that it will be biased, working directly with the defendant, and is already planning to acquit him no matter what the evidence shows.

Are you bias?
Sure, but I'm not a juror. I've been called for jury duty and though never served on one, would have been impartial and would not have made up my mind until the conclusion of the trial.

Fuck the Ukraine

Yes it seems that our dealings with Ukraine is causing many terrible outcomes back here, so it's either that we are corrupting them or they are corrupting us. Time to leave Ukraine alone maybe ?

Its a matter of no one wants to give foreign aid in general. The US does not have a surplus, we BORROW all of the money we give as foreign aid, about $55b a year. WTF? The other countries could just as well borrow the money instead of the US. Our Debt is $23T now and the interest on that Debt is $363b in 2019 and probably $400b in 2020. So the Debt is accelerating due to interest on the Debt. It will crash the Budget if the budget deficit is not fixed soon.
Foreign aid actually crushed the Soviet Union

I didn't say I want that.

But I don't like Trump. And the majority of people don't like him either. Your "up up and away" bullshit is just stupid.
Certainly more people like his results, than like him. Personally I get a kick out of him, but, I understand that he grates on a fair number of folks.

If he would shut the fuck up, his approval rating would be way higher.
He has as much right to speak his mind as you and I do. Everyone is getting pretty damn sick of the Left trying to shut up everyone that disagrees with them. We damn well WILL SPEAK UP ANY DAMN TIME WE FEEL LIKE IT AND BELIEVE ANYTHING WE WANT AND SAY WHAT WE LIKE WHETHER YOU APPROVE OR NOT AND WE WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO DO THE SAME!

You all like those petting zoo Republicans that fold and cower before the fake news media. Trump stands up and fights and pulls big bleeding chucks of meat out of your asses, which is EXACTLY why we elected him, and will REELECT HIM.

6w-3.jpg

Go ahead and pick a fight with Trump, he fights!

I didn't question his right to speak his mind.

I said that his approval rating is inversely related to him speaking his mind.

Hillary had a 98 percent approval rating from the fake media

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING
Liar, she never had that kind of approval rating.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
I think..that you are dreaming. The people are getting tired of the gamesmanship...of both sides. If she continues to hold the articles..they will lose their legitimacy...you think differently..good on ya. Too many technicalities are being invoked...and you are losing the people.

Fairness to you..simply means a good chance of removal. Hell will freeze first.

I think Trump is an idiot..and corrupt..but I have very little respect for the games that the Democrats are playing. Find a candidate..rally behind him or her..and beat Trump in the only court that matters...the general election. Or send the articles..and let the sham of a trial in the Senate serve as a wake-call for America. Either way...the game-playing is sickening..and counter-productive.

There is no 'win' here for either side, really..best bet is to try for the high ground.

Certainly more people like his results, than like him. Personally I get a kick out of him, but, I understand that he grates on a fair number of folks.

He has as much right to speak his mind as you and I do. Everyone is getting pretty damn sick of the Left trying to shut up everyone that disagrees with them. We damn well WILL SPEAK UP ANY DAMN TIME WE FEEL LIKE IT AND BELIEVE ANYTHING WE WANT AND SAY WHAT WE LIKE WHETHER YOU APPROVE OR NOT AND WE WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO DO THE SAME!

You all like those petting zoo Republicans that fold and cower before the fake news media. Trump stands up and fights and pulls big bleeding chucks of meat out of your asses, which is EXACTLY why we elected him, and will REELECT HIM.

6w-3.jpg

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING
icon_rolleyes.gif

You have never been correct, but at least your streak of stupid is perfect

One Year Ago Today The HuffPo Gave Hillary A 98% Chance Of Being President

The man who predicted 49 out of 50 states in 2012 has said who will win on Tuesday

What do you think?
I think..that you are dreaming. The people are getting tired of the gamesmanship...of both sides. If she continues to hold the articles..they will lose their legitimacy...you think differently..good on ya. Too many technicalities are being invoked...and you are losing the people.

Fairness to you..simply means a good chance of removal. Hell will freeze first.

I think Trump is an idiot..and corrupt..but I have very little respect for the games that the Democrats are playing. Find a candidate..rally behind him or her..and beat Trump in the only court that matters...the general election. Or send the articles..and let the sham of a trial in the Senate serve as a wake-call for America. Either way...the game-playing is sickening..and counter-productive.

There is no 'win' here for either side, really..best bet is to try for the high ground.
Buy some stocks stupid Trump is a win for America

Or continue to be poor

What do you think?
I think it has been a colossal fuck up by Nazi Pelousy.

....and I'm lovin' every minute of it.:5_1_12024:

Find a candidate..rally behind him or her..and beat Trump in the only court that matters...the general election.
Yes, generally I would agree, but he is charged with, basically, cheating in elections, so....
..trying to cheat..trying to..and trying to cover Russia's ass with a red herring of Ukraine. So what? Anyone who thinks that that there was any real difference in the outcome because of the sidelining...did not see the same election i did. Trump won because everyone underestimated him..and Hillary phoned it in.

It's time to grow up..stop living in the past...and win America's trust back..or not.

6w-3.jpg

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING
icon_rolleyes.gif

The man who predicted 49 out of 50 states in 2012 has said who will win on Tuesday
Dumbfuck, that's not an approval rating.

face-palm-gif.278959

6w-3.jpg

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING
icon_rolleyes.gif

face-palm-gif.278959

Wrong again they were election predictions, fake news and lies

Were u born dumb oar dud u stubdy

.trying to cheat..trying to..and trying to cover Russia's ass with a red herring of Ukraine. So what?
And there is where we diverge.
No doubt..but I'm not a Democrat..so I'm not really invested in all the reindeer games.
BTW..I see you are debating Frannie--most of us just put her on ignore--there is no there there. Frannie makes Jitler appear intelligent!

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING
icon_rolleyes.gif

face-palm-gif.278959

Wrong again they were election predictions, fake news and lies

Were u born dumb oar dud u stubdy
Dumbfuck, an election prediction is not an approval rating. That was your idiotic claim.

face-palm-gif.278959

Forum List

Back