Zone1 Will religion simply disappear?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As people become separsted from each other and bow the knee to the wonders of technology, will religion simply disappear? If so, what will be Humankinds guiding light?

I thought "climate change" and TDS was mostly the left's religion....The rest seem to be "new" Catholics with no moral bearings at all.

The right's religion seems to consist of the various Protestant Sects that say if you don't believe exactly the way they want you to then you are going to Hell. They seem awfully sure (and full) of themselves.

Both dabble way to much in politics pushing their agenda. I believe in total separation. It's perfectly fine by me if they hold their religions sacred, just don't push them on me.

Small wonder I remain unaffiliated.....All try to tell you how to run your life.

Blah.....Han said it best:

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. ;)

As people become separsted from each other and bow the knee to the wonders of technology, will religion simply disappear? If so, what will be Humankinds guiding light?
You may be addressing two very different issues. The first is whether technology will continue to separate people. We are seeing a trend, that even when it comes to dating, people are less inclined to meet with other people, preferring to stay at home and interact online.

Church attendance may have taken a hit in this regard when churches closed and people went online to read and/or listen to scripture and homilies. I found myself resenting churches closing their doors and readily accepting online replacement.

As far as God...As long as people continue to experience God, to find walking in His ways brings more fulfillment to life, there will continue to be people of faith. The question is, will we find them outside in face-to-face human interactions? Or, will we find them online?

people are becoming way more snarky and hateful and selfish than ever before.

The left has been chipping away at Christian morality for a long long time and maybe some Christians just get worn out fighting such all the time and then also, if you hear something often enough (transgendering is not bad, for example), you just start to wonder and question yourself and then you give up in light of that People should be free to do whatever they want BS

Only atheists think that hollow feeling inside has nothing to do with lack of faith & it somehow makes them enlightened.
Why do you think atheists have a "hollow space" Just because you have one that needs to be filled with religious dogma doesn't everyone does.

people are becoming way more snarky and hateful and selfish than ever before.

The left has been chipping away at Christian morality for a long long time and maybe some Christians just get worn out fighting such all the time and then also, if you hear something often enough (transgendering is not bad, for example), you just start to wonder and question yourself and then you give up in light of that People should be free to do whatever they want BS
It's not morality it's just that people today don't see the need for all the fake pleasantries that used to be the norm.

And you are leaving out most important part

People should be free to do whatever they want as long as they are not hurting anyone else.

I see it differently. I see it as a power play by our elected officials and bureaucrats to retain power. How do people stay in power? Not by holding up ideals and calling for hard work, but by making things easy and tossing $$$ at potential voters. Oh, and frightening them with climate change, but promising their government will make sure climate doesn't "get them" during their administration. Kind of like promising the voters they will be have oxygen as long as their administration is in office.

"We promise to wrap you and your cause(s) in bubble wrap if you vote for us."

It's not morality it's just that people today don't see the need for all the fake pleasantries that used to be the norm.

And you are leaving out most important part

People should be free to do whatever they want as long as they are not hurting anyone else.
I'm glad to hear you are pro life

:)

I see it differently. I see it as a power play by our elected officials and bureaucrats to retain power. How do people stay in power? Not by holding up ideals and calling for hard work, but by making things easy and tossing $$$ at potential voters. Oh, and frightening them with climate change, but promising their government will make sure climate doesn't "get them" during their administration. Kind of like promising the voters they will be have oxygen as long as their administration is in office.

"We promise to wrap you and your cause(s) in bubble wrap if you vote for us."
I don't see where there is much difference in what you and I have said?

They have to chip away at Christian values because they know Christians do not go along with their agenda (climate change lies, etc) They knw Christians value human beings. That goes against their pro-abortion agenda (etc)

It is quite possible that ancient religious concepts would be replaced in a similar way that physics has replaced time-honored, quaint explanations.

People have this need to be loved, and to feel a certain amount of control is there.

Therefore Tamagotchis will make a come back and replace religion.

People have this need to be loved, and to feel a certain amount of control is there.

Therefore Tamagotchis will make a come back and replace religion.
Those who realize control of anything but yourself is an illusion are both wise and happy.

Forum List

Back