Zone1 If Jesus Never Resurrected

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Wouldn't we still be saved from our sins since He died for us and wouldn't He still be Lord since Jesus was just God in the flesh? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that He did resurrect, but I'm just sort of curious why Christians seem to think that these two things wouldn't have been possible. He also performed other miracles so it was easy to see that He was God even if He never rose from the dead.

• Banned
Another question I had about this although a tad bit of topic is how could Jesus suddenly bear all of our sins if He was sinless?

Another question I had about this although a tad bit of topic is how could Jesus suddenly bear all of our sins if He was sinless?
Cultists get into so much mental torment and particularly when they switch from simple and simplistic Faith to actually using their Mind .
Perhaps it is better that they hold on to their little made-up stories rather than live in the real universe and then become unbalanced and mentally topple over .
If they want to believe that Baby Jesus had a weekend in heaven before returning to
pick up his dirty laundry , so be it .

How are the two connected? They aren't. We commit a sin. The Atonement gives us the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of our sin. Jesus doesn't need to sin to remove our sins. Only a sinless person can do this. So, in baptism, our sins are washed away. Partaking of the sacraments each week, we can renew our covenant of repentance and wash away the new sins. Whether Jesus sinned or not has no bearing on the atonement ordinance he performed going beneath the worst sins imaginable.

Wouldn't we still be saved from our sins since He died for us and wouldn't He still be Lord since Jesus was just God in the flesh? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that He did resurrect, but I'm just sort of curious why Christians seem to think that these two things wouldn't have been possible. He also performed other miracles so it was easy to see that He was God even if He never rose from the dead.
He took upon us our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. However, our bodies would still be in the ground and separated from our spirits in paradise or hell. Thus, stuck from salvation and exaltation that Jesus promised. So, the death and resurrection are part of the atonement to full fill His grace of resurrection to us. It was part of His promise. He had to be resurrected.

Cultists get into so much mental torment and particularly when they switch from simple and simplistic Faith to actually using their Mind .
Perhaps it is better that they hold on to their little made-up stories rather than live in the real universe and then become unbalanced and mentally topple over .
If they want to believe that Baby Jesus had a weekend in heaven before returning to
pick up his dirty laundry , so be it .
I have no torment whatsoever. But, you seem to be tormented by believers.

I have no torment whatsoever. But, you seem to be tormented by believers.
Not tormented ever .
But you are like flying ants . A cursed irritation and should be stamped on whenever possible .
Wondering at what point you will be declared a terrorist organisation .

Last edited:

who are you kidding, jesus was murdered and who murdered them wrote the 4th century c-bible using their victim for their purposes than the reason jesus and those people gave their lives - liberation theology, self determination.

bring the crucifiers to justice is the only way for the fruition of the heavenly events during the 1st century and fulfill the their prescribed religion of antiquity - and the happy return from the heavens than one where all are put to death - as will be the case if the desert religions are not made justifiable.

Not tormented ever .
But you are like flying ants . A cursed irritation and should be stamped on whenever possible .
Wondering at what point you will be declared a terrorist organisation .
Actually, back at you with all of of what you blabbered about. Now, go crawl back under your rock...

You have to sin because if you don't, Jesus died for nothing.

I believe it was necessary for Jesus to "conquer death" as a witness to His saving power. He showed us that, through faith, we, too, can conquer death unto everlasting life in His Kingdom. The resurrection is one of the greatest miracles of all time and a very necessary and key part of Christ's Gospel message.

A spirit without a body does not receive as much joy as a spirit with a body. For this reason Satan and his followers were denied the opportunity of gaining a body because of their rebellion. A resurrected body is an immortal body and will bring joy and happiness to whomsoever possesses one. For this reason Jesus resurrected and also brought resurrection upon all mankind.

the point of his resurrection was a major part of establishing the faith with vindication and a miracle.

also to the conquering and overcoming death and taking the curse of death upon himself for the salvation of all mankind.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Forum List

Back