Why would Disney construct a manmade beach, where gators roam, for kids

Wrong, the fact is that Disney constructed everything at the site, the lake, the beach and allowed for this to happen by not warning adults that there were alligators in the lake. Why would Disney let any child on the beach in the first place if they could be killed, why would they show movies at night on this beach?

It's not that people are stupid, it's that kids are drawn to some things and no one is perfect. People also have a false sense of security because they assume that no company would put them in any danger.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the thinking when they decided to create a fake beach for guests. Knowing there would be a lot of children staying there, why build the lake when it could never be used, especially one that would surely attract gators? Might as well build a fake swing set made of foam and then tell kids to stay off it. At a place where people go to have fun, it seem counterintuitive to have things that are meant to look at but not touch.

If a person has a swimming pool in their yard, even with a fence, they still pay a lot for insurance because the pool is labelled as an 'attractive nuisance.' Same with trampolines. Of course, no child should be near any of them without supervision, but parents aren't perfect and kids are quick. Even some adults, especially those drinking, can be incredibly stupid.

The same regulators who demanded childproof caps on medicines and warnings on toys didn't think warning about alligators was necessary. Parents aren't perfect and kids are way faster than adults. So, we install safety gadgets. Child gates, outlet covers, stove knob covers and locks for cabinets. We do this because kids are kids and have a tendency to be attracted to certain things.

Although there hasn't been a problem with gators killing children, the biggest issue would be drownings. The area is designed to be used, except for the water. It just doesn't make sense to have that big "prop" and expect kids to ignore it.
That's not my quote. That's Bassman's. WTF?
He quoted you not me.... Click expand
Only a dumbfuck doesn't recognize his own words.

Wrong, the fact is that Disney constructed everything at the site, the lake, the beach and allowed for this to happen by not warning adults that there were alligators in the lake. Why would Disney let any child on the beach in the first place if they could be killed, why would they show movies at night on this beach?

So are you arguing that what I said is wrong? Because if you do you will be made to look even more foolish than you do now......

Next

It ma
to play on? And is Florida going to allow this practice to continue, and most of all are Democrats filibustering to ban kids on beaches? After fatal attack, Florida theme parks weigh alligator warnings

So Florida theme parks are weighing posting alligator warnings.................WHATTTTTTTTTT

This is literally the plot of Jaws word for word, minus the shark plus a gator.

It's sickening, Disney ought to be leveled.

Walt Disney World opened in 1972 -- never been an issue.

Beach has signs - No Swimming.

Walt Disney World employs 70,000 people and has an annual payroll of 1.2 billion.

You'd level it because of a tragic accident?

You say alligators at Disney World have never been an issue. I don't know how you could possibly know that. Just because you don't know about any previous incidents does not mean they did not happen. Not everything gets reported in the Main Stream Media. At any rate, you are wrong.

There was a similar incident incident at Disney World only a year ago. Fortunately, the child's father spotted a 6-7 foot gator gator who was rapidly advancing toward the child and was able rescue him. When the father, an attorney, informed the manager about his son's near-fatal experience, she had a cavalier attitude about the entire event. According to the father:

“The manager couldn’t care less. I remember her words, ‘These are resident pets. They’ve known about them for years, they’re not dangerous, they’re not going to harm anybody,'” said Hiden. “I was very upset, very angry, very shocked and I say, ‘I hope to god I never read about a young kid killed by an alligator like that one almost did to my son.'”

San Diego Father Says Gators At Disney Also Went After His Son

By the way, the “no swimming please” sign gives no warning whatsoever about alligators or any other possible life-threatening situation. Besides, the child was wading, not swimming, so the sign had no meaning to him or his parents. To paraphrase another poster, Disney is going to pay out of their Magic Kingdom ass. On the plus side, I've read where Disney World is already replacing the laughingly worthless “no swimming please” signs with proper alligator warnings. I don't know why it took them so long. Well, actually I think I do. They thought more about protecting their image of carefree entertainment than they did about the safety of their guests.
Not to defend Disney, but it may have also had something to do with their not knowing alligators had migrated into their lagoons a were growing and reproducing.

The alligator who killed the kid was actually a pretty juvenile one.

Water features are good for the environment. Disney knew the Gators were there. ALL Floridian's know they are there. They are everywhere, School Campuses, Golf Courses, Parks... And there are Black Bears also. BUT these people were from Nebraska.

And if this child was attacked by a python who's fault would that be? Or a shark at the beach? Or a moccasin?

Why is this Disney's fault but it was the parent's fault with the Gorilla at the zoo?

It ma
to play on? And is Florida going to allow this practice to continue, and most of all are Democrats filibustering to ban kids on beaches? After fatal attack, Florida theme parks weigh alligator warnings

So Florida theme parks are weighing posting alligator warnings.................WHATTTTTTTTTT

This is literally the plot of Jaws word for word, minus the shark plus a gator.

It's sickening, Disney ought to be leveled.

Walt Disney World opened in 1972 -- never been an issue.

Beach has signs - No Swimming.

Walt Disney World employs 70,000 people and has an annual payroll of 1.2 billion.

You'd level it because of a tragic accident?

You say alligators at Disney World have never been an issue. I don't know how you could possibly know that. Just because you don't know about any previous incidents does not mean they did not happen. Not everything gets reported in the Main Stream Media. At any rate, you are wrong.

There was a similar incident incident at Disney World only a year ago. Fortunately, the child's father spotted a 6-7 foot gator gator who was rapidly advancing toward the child and was able rescue him. When the father, an attorney, informed the manager about his son's near-fatal experience, she had a cavalier attitude about the entire event. According to the father:

“The manager couldn’t care less. I remember her words, ‘These are resident pets. They’ve known about them for years, they’re not dangerous, they’re not going to harm anybody,'” said Hiden. “I was very upset, very angry, very shocked and I say, ‘I hope to god I never read about a young kid killed by an alligator like that one almost did to my son.'”

San Diego Father Says Gators At Disney Also Went After His Son

By the way, the “no swimming please” sign gives no warning whatsoever about alligators or any other possible life-threatening situation. Besides, the child was wading, not swimming, so the sign had no meaning to him or his parents. To paraphrase another poster, Disney is going to pay out of their Magic Kingdom ass. On the plus side, I've read where Disney World is already replacing the laughingly worthless “no swimming please” signs with proper alligator warnings. I don't know why it took them so long. Well, actually I think I do. They thought more about protecting their image of carefree entertainment than they did about the safety of their guests.
Not to defend Disney, but it may have also had something to do with their not knowing alligators had migrated into their lagoons a were growing and reproducing.

The alligator who killed the kid was actually a pretty juvenile one.

Nope, there are alligator fences nearby in the same lake, thus they knew full well Google Maps

Water features are good for the environment. Disney knew the Gators were there. ALL Floridian's know they are there. They are everywhere, School Campuses, Golf Courses, Parks... And there are Black Bears also. BUT these people were from Nebraska.

And if this child was attacked by a python who's fault would that be? Or a shark at the beach? Or a moccasin?

Why is this Disney's fault but it was the parent's fault with the Gorilla at the zoo?
This is Disneys fault because they built the lake and beach both, and did not inform their guest of the danger

So are you arguing that what I said is wrong? Because if you do you will be made to look even more foolish than you do now......

Next
Have at it kid. Most people, especially sane, intelligent ones, know Clementine screwed up and put your post under my name.

Who the fuck knows what's going through your head?

Next
Have at it kid. Most people, especially sane, intelligent ones, know Clementine screwed up and put your post under my name.

Dsney

Next

Disney is 100 percent responsible for this attack, and none of your mumbling will change this. In fact look at the alligator fences in the same lake, that did not protect the swimming beach made for children. Google Maps

A $500,000,000.00 payout for Disney, stock price $0.03

HE HE HE

Well, thank goodness that since everyone has common sense now, we can remove all the warning labels. No more warnings on lemon dish soap that it's not meant to drink. No more warnings on plastic bags because no one is stupid enough to give one to a child to play with. No more warnings on disinfectant wipes that they aren't to be used for baby wipes. Take the warnings off toys since no parent would give a baby a toy meant for a 5 yr. old. And seriously, who needs to be told not to use their hair dryer in the tub?

I agree. Remove all the warning labels and let nature sort it out.

You really believe that? In a week things will all be forgotten, and Disney will be back to being the happiest place on earth!

You really believe that? In a week things will all be forgotten, and Disney will be back to being the happiest place on earth!
Evidentially you have no children, parents will never forget this

Evidentially you have no children, parents will never forget this
Don't be so sure!

A photo speaks a thousand words

Hey honey lets take Cindy to Disney

0.jpg

Forum List

Back