Why would Disney construct a manmade beach, where gators roam, for kids

well,,,things could of been much worse, if a park/resort was built by Hillary Clinton supporters, we would be hearing stories of tourists being kidnapped by sasquatch and wolves.

If Disney is liable for millions for an alligator death in its lagoon, then every landowner in America will massacre without mercy every alligator in America and we will have another extinct species. So no, this family should not get money.

This is without a doubt the dumbest post I've read in many months. If I invite you onto my property with the sole purpose of conducting a business transaction where I take your money, it is my responsibility alert you of all the dangers and do the best I can to ensure your safety. For example - If I have a lake on said property and that lake contains alligators, I doubt I would build a beach next to the lake with chairs and all kinds of events happening on the lake thereby drawling you even closer. At the very least I would warn you of what's in the lake. Most importantly, although it's very obvious to me and anyone who lives in my state what's in the lake, I can't make the assumption that everyone in the world knows what's in it. I guarantee you this will never goto court as Disney will pay. It's obvious to any rational thinking person Disney needs to pay up.

If Disney is liable for millions for an alligator death in its lagoon, then every landowner in America will massacre without mercy every alligator in America and we will have another extinct species. So no, this family should not get money.

This is without a doubt the dumbest post I've read in many months. If I invite you onto my property with the sole purpose of conducting a business transaction where I take your money, it is my responsibility alert you of all the dangers and do the best I can to ensure your safety. For example - If I have a lake on said property and that lake contains alligators, I doubt I would build a beach next to the lake with chairs and all kinds of events happening on the lake thereby drawling you even closer. At the very least I would warn you of what's in the lake. Most importantly, although it's very obvious to me and anyone who lives in my state what's in the lake, I can't make the assumption that everyone in the world knows what's in it. I guarantee you this will never goto court as Disney will pay. It's obvious to any rational thinking person Disney needs to pay up.
Are you a lawyer?

Are you a lawyer?

My significant other is (and a very good one) and I've read countless blogs by Florida attorneys on this. Disney will settle.

Perhaps they were distracted, you know like the mother of the boy that climbed into the Gorilla house at the zoo, when they had to shoot the Gorilla.

Perhaps they were. That wasn't the point. The point was that the OP is claiming that swimming should be banned because an alligator might get you. You know, like we should ban guns because a terrorist might shoot you.

Exccept it was banned.

How was an alligator there, more than one, I heard they killed 5 alligators, but then said none of those they thought took the small child.

So we're talking multiple alligators in a lagoon, at a Disney resort, WTF?!

You OBVIOUSLY know nothing about alligators. They took a 9 foot gator out of the drainage ditch next to where my kids caught the school bus in Jacksonville.

The parents should have their ass kicked?

What kind of parent lets a 2 year old swim- wade in a lake, at night, in gator country?

Betcha their liberal progressives

-Geaux
Lads,

This was an accident...
Could it have been avoided, yes, probably...
Who's at fault, hard to tell...

So why the fuck have we got morons on here saying the kid died because his parents are stupid liberals...
You don't know which way they vote...

This a tragedy and the parents or Disney didn't want this to happen, What you said was shameful...

Thoughts goto there parents, they should not bury there children.

It's time to ban alligators.

If you ban alligators, only criminals will have alligators!

Perhaps they were distracted, you know like the mother of the boy that climbed into the Gorilla house at the zoo, when they had to shoot the Gorilla.

Perhaps they were. That wasn't the point. The point was that the OP is claiming that swimming should be banned because an alligator might get you. You know, like we should ban guns because a terrorist might shoot you.

Exccept it was banned.

How was an alligator there, more than one, I heard they killed 5 alligators, but then said none of those they thought took the small child.

You OBVIOUSLY know nothing about alligators. They took a 9 foot gator out of the drainage ditch next to where my kids caught the school bus in Jacksonville.

Exactly! The point is not everyone understands alligators and the habitat. Hence Disney's signs were inadequate.

Are you a lawyer?

My significant other is (and a very good one) and I've read countless blogs by Florida attorneys on this. Disney will settle.
They may settle, but that doesn't mean the law is on the family's side. Alligators are a natural condition of land, and landowners have no duty to protect invitees, or even warn invitees of, natural conditions of the land. Imagine the ugly warning signs all over every piece of land in America if that was the law. If Disney fights this, they will probably win, but I agree that they will probably settle.

Exccept it was banned.

Exactly! The point is not everyone understands alligators and the habitat. Hence Disney's signs were inadequate.

What part of "No swimming" did they not understand?

Exccept it was banned.

What part of "No swimming" did they not understand?
It different enough from "be ware of alligators" or the like that the powers to be at Disney will gladly write a check for up to 10 million to make the potential lawsuits go away.

tumblr_m50wrcxGdr1r5d0ngo9_r1_500.jpg

Improvised determination.

Why would anyone build a kids attraction at this place?

Florida? I don't know, people love to come to our state.

The parents should be jailed for child neglect don't you think?
For having their kids on a beach at Disney? These parents were trying to give their children the best, and were raped by Disney's lack of care
Exactly.

Why do you think there were no swimming signs posted? Do you think they were just there to quash the dreams of little children?

There are "no swimming signs" posted. They say it is dangerous and there is a sharp drop off.

Personally, i have been swimming in Wakulla Springs dozens of times. Huge, deep freshwater spring a short way from Tallahassee. Thousands of gators, there is a beach on the side of the old hotel along with a diving platform. There is a roped off area for swimmers but many times you can see large gators on the other side of the springs. Over the years, a couple people have been killed. One just a year or two ago. Each time it has been someone who has gone outside the swimming area and gone over to the natural side of the springs.

Last edited:
what kind of moron would let their kids swim in this water?

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

Like most things Disney, it's not a real beach, it's a theatrical prop...a place for weddings, gatherings, etc., to be held on the stereotypical sand, but not for swimming.

I mean, that resort has like 3 pools, including one that's a freshwater beach with crystal clear water. Why would the parents choose this body of water over the one that was constructed for the express purpose of swimming?

They apparently show movies at night at this beach, that is what the parents were doing. They are also from Nebraska where I believe the threat of alligators is very low. They were not swimming they were wading.

I believe I read where there have only been 23 fatal alligator attacks in 100 years. So the risk seemed low as with anything people take precautions. The boy could have easily been standing next to the water and the alligator might have still taken him. I guess the bottom line is to use more caution than seems required. I know when I was at Disneyworld we stayed in the camping part and I was always concerned about the critters and my young ones.
i think this is the second time i heard of a story like this, not sure, i think the other time was a little girl that was only walking near a lake. so, there were no signs anywhere warning of alligators?

Yes, I believe there were signs, no swimming and an alligator warning.

But to me putting up signs is just a way that a company covers their asses. Some day walk around and count how many signs there are. It is amazing.
thats what i think i heard, they could of at least put a fence in the water like they do in some beaches in austrailia to keep the box jelly fish out

Fencing doesn't faze them.

i think this is the second time i heard of a story like this, not sure, i think the other time was a little girl that was only walking near a lake. so, there were no signs anywhere warning of alligators?

Yes, I believe there were signs, no swimming and an alligator warning.

But to me putting up signs is just a way that a company covers their asses. Some day walk around and count how many signs there are. It is amazing.
thats what i think i heard, they could of at least put a fence in the water like they do in some beaches in austrailia to keep the box jelly fish out

There are fences in the water not far from this beach Google Maps

I don't see what looks like a fence at the beaches.
they did a story on this on some cable network, they were reviewing the top 10, deadliest creatures on earth....box jelly was within the top 5,,they focused on this beach where they had this barrier, maybe 50/75 feet into the water? it was to keep the jelly fish out so that the tourists/locals could go swimming,,,,it was like putting the great wall of china in the beach.

Jellyfish cannot climb a fence.

Because it's Florida, and water.

Always fucking assume that the water is going to kill you. It's basic common fucking sense. If you don't know what is going inside of a body of water, then you know it's deadly. Period.

Well, thank goodness that since everyone has common sense now, we can remove all the warning labels. No more warnings on lemon dish soap that it's not meant to drink. No more warnings on plastic bags because no one is stupid enough to give one to a child to play with. No more warnings on disinfectant wipes that they aren't to be used for baby wipes. Take the warnings off toys since no parent would give a baby a toy meant for a 5 yr. old. And seriously, who needs to be told not to use their hair dryer in the tub?

Yea, most of us have common sense, but the government had some people in mind when they started demanding warning labels on everything.

People from other countries and even other states probably aren't scared of muddy water since they just aren't used to alligators. It happens. Usually, liberals are doing everything they can to save people from themselves.

Shit will always happen no matter what. I think warning labels should be for those times when a danger is unusual and maybe alligators in a manmade pond in front of a family hotel would be one of those times. The sign said 'no swimming' and technically, the kid wasn't. If the sign had warned that alligators are in the water, do you think parents would have kept their children away from the edge of the water? After all, gators can come out of the water.

Doesn't happen often, you say, so no need. There is a sign on the highway just north of us that warns of the danger of falling rocks. Hasn't happened here in over 75 years, but hey, the warning signs are there.

Not the government, the attorneys. I bought a cup holder for my bike, It had two small bolts and one larger chrome "wing nut". It came with two pages of instructions and over a DOZEN warnings, cautions, and danger indicators highlighted in bold, red rectangle. A CUP HOLDER!

Well, thank goodness that since everyone has common sense now, we can remove all the warning labels. No more warnings on lemon dish soap that it's not meant to drink. No more warnings on plastic bags because no one is stupid enough to give one to a child to play with. No more warnings on disinfectant wipes that they aren't to be used for baby wipes. Take the warnings off toys since no parent would give a baby a toy meant for a 5 yr. old. And seriously, who needs to be told not to use their hair dryer in the tub?

Yea, most of us have common sense, but the government had some people in mind when they started demanding warning labels on everything.

People from other countries and even other states probably aren't scared of muddy water since they just aren't used to alligators. It happens. Usually, liberals are doing everything they can to save people from themselves.

Shit will always happen no matter what. I think warning labels should be for those times when a danger is unusual and maybe alligators in a manmade pond in front of a family hotel would be one of those times. The sign said 'no swimming' and technically, the kid wasn't. If the sign had warned that alligators are in the water, do you think parents would have kept their children away from the edge of the water? After all, gators can come out of the water.

Doesn't happen often, you say, so no need. There is a sign on the highway just north of us that warns of the danger of falling rocks. Hasn't happened here in over 75 years, but hey, the warning signs are there.
Agreed, although not for the reasons you want. We should remove "common sense" signs so non-common sense people have a better chance of removing themselves from the gene pool.

Every time idiots kill themselves doing something stupid like diving off cliffs drunk, the collective IQ of the nation rises.

Wrong, the fact is that Disney constructed everything at the site, the lake, the beach and allowed for this to happen by not warning adults that there were alligators in the lake. Why would Disney let any child on the beach in the first place if they could be killed, why would they show movies at night on this beach?

Probably because for the past 40 years people have actually READ the "No Swimming" signs. The one's that say that there is a steep dropoff close to shore.

Forum List

Back