Why would Disney construct a manmade beach, where gators roam, for kids

The kid wasn't swimming, he was wading. Alligators can snatch prey on land in case you missed the last couple of episodes of wild kingdom. Dusk is a really bad time for a bite sized human to be standing in alligator infested water. The kid's father should have known it and the Disney resort people are liable.
Sloshing in the water at dusk. Sure attention getter for the alligators and the size of the child was "perfect" as a "prey." Unfortunate tragedy.

Why hasn't Disney deported these illegals yet? They are literally eating our babies!

to play on? And is Florida going to allow this practice to continue, and most of all are Democrats filibustering to ban kids on beaches? After fatal attack, Florida theme parks weigh alligator warnings

So Florida theme parks are weighing posting alligator warnings.................WHATTTTTTTTTT

This is literally the plot of Jaws word for word, minus the shark plus a gator.

It's sickening, Disney ought to be leveled.

I must say....living in the South anywhere below Columbia or Atlanta...especially Coastal SC, GA, FL and the Gulf....you cannot avoid gators.

EVERY body of water has or eventually will have a gator. Swimming pools. Lakes. You name it....Gators will be there.

IT'S a joke in Charleston when people say a lake or pond "doesn't have gators". Yes. It does. Or has. Or will.

I must say....living in the South anywhere below Columbia or Atlanta...especially Coastal SC, GA, FL and the Gulf....you cannot avoid gators.

EVERY body of water has or eventually will have a gator. Swimming pools. Lakes. You name it....Gators will be there.

IT'S a joke in Charleston when people say a lake or pond "doesn't have gators". Yes. It does. Or has. Or will.
So should Disney build a theme park and beach for kids there??????????????????????

Never been to Disney, and never will go................

what kind of moron would let their kids swim in this water?

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

Like most things Disney, it's not a real beach, it's a theatrical prop...a place for weddings, gatherings, etc., to be held on the stereotypical sand, but not for swimming.

I mean, that resort has like 3 pools, including one that's a freshwater beach with crystal clear water. Why would the parents choose this body of water over the one that was constructed for the express purpose of swimming?

In Wilmington,NC you can look over the railing on the USS North Carolina and in the water around the ship a few gators are always swimming.

In Wilmington,NC you can look over the railing on the USS North Carolina and in the water around the ship a few gators are always swimming.

Jump in and grab one, you'll soon have some nice boots ;)

what kind of moron would let their kids swim in this water?

750x-1.jpg

Gross.

Like most things Disney, it's not a real beach, it's a theatrical prop...a place for weddings, gatherings, etc., to be held on the stereotypical sand, but not for swimming.

I mean, that resort has like 3 pools, including one that's a freshwater beach with crystal clear water. Why would the parents choose this body of water over the one that was constructed for the express purpose of swimming?
The child was not swimming, he was ankle deep in the water looking for the creepy crawlies that we all looked for when we were his age. He did nothing wrong, nor did his parents, Disney built this beach, as a platform for gators to leave the water, it's nuts

The child was not swimming, he was ankle deep in the water looking for the creepy crawlies that we all looked for when we were his age. He did nothing wrong, nor did his parents, Disney built this beach, as a platform for gators to leave the water, it's nuts

At nine PM? You can't see shit at 9 p.m. in the evening.

No. I would not have allowed my children to wade in water like this in the dark in an unfamiliar place. It's completely fucking irresponsible.

In addition to gators, we also have water moccasins around bodies of water like that one.

I know they have water moccasins in Nebraska, too, so these parents were not thinking very well.

Gators hunt by grabbing prey from the shore, dragging it down into the water and rolling it until drowned, then feasting on the carcass later.

Thus wading in fresh water in the south is pretty stupid, always.

They were from Nebraska and thus perhaps ignorant. Disney isn't at fault for the presence of the gator but should have had signage that warned of possible gator presence in addition to saying swimming prohibited.

Sad I can't believe what the father felt watching that gator take his son.

At nine PM? You can't see shit at 9 p.m. in the evening.

No. I would not have allowed my children to wade in water like this in the dark in an unfamiliar place. It's completely fucking irresponsible.

In addition to gators, we also have water moccasins around bodies of water like that one.

I know they have water moccasins in Nebraska, too, so these parents were not thinking very well.
This could have happened at any time of day. There are no beaches in Nebraska, so this beach is what these people paid for. Disney should have been built in Nebraska, except that Walt paid three cents per acre for gator, snake and mosquito infested swampland. Disney should be leveled now

Gators hunt by grabbing prey from the shore, dragging it down into the water and rolling it until drowned, then feasting on the carcass later.

Thus wading in fresh water in the south is pretty stupid, always.

They were from Nebraska and thus perhaps ignorant. Disney isn't at fault for the presence of the gator but should have had signage that warned of possible gator presence in addition to saying swimming prohibited.

Sad I can't believe what the father felt watching that gator take his son.
Disney is at fault, as they built a beach for kids to play where gators have always lived. The sand is not natural, it's trucked in.

Forum List

Back