Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis?

Mine did too.

I'm aware that the Lord's Prayer is not allowed in public schools. I'm also aware that the effectiveness of our schools has been on a downhill run ever since these practices were taken out of our schools.

Personally, I have no clue as to whether the Pledge of Allegiance is recited each day before public schools.
The Lord's Prayer was banned when I was about 2 years old. I am 62 now. No prayer in my schools growing up, or as a teacher. Prayer in public schools violates the 1st amendment by establishing religion.

His grandfather bankrolled the Nazis.
You're whole post smacks of an opinion piece from the Democrat Underground or the DailyKOS.

I'll simply prove your comment about Prescott Bush to be a lie.

Bush was a founder and one of seven directors (including W. Averell Harriman) of the Union Banking Corporation (holding a single share out of 4,000 as a director), an investment bank that operated as a clearing house for many assets and enterprises held by German steel magnate Fritz Thyssen, an early supporter and financier of the Nazi Party.[10][11] In July 1942, the bank was suspected of holding gold on behalf of Nazi leaders.[12] A subsequent government investigation disproved those allegations but confirmed the Thyssens' control, and in October 1942 the United States seized the bank under the Trading with the Enemy Act and held the assets for the duration of World War II.[10]

At the time, a great number of prominent Americans admired Adolph Hitler. He was turning the economy of Germany and was very popular. President FDR knew many of the horrific details of what was happening but not the average citizen. Henry Ford was a great admirer of Hitler as Hitler was of Henry Ford.

No. Your post was #473. Post #474 does not exist as it has been deleted.
Why do you make shit up all the time?
You're losing it. Check again. Hint: I copied post #557 from post #474.
Dubya wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can't see why "The Duke" calls him a traitor.
The AFG "war" against the Taliban was justifiable, OBL was there.
The Iraq war for non-existent WMDs was less justified, but "traitorous"? I can't get there.

You're whole post smacks of an opinion piece from the Democrat Underground or the DailyKOS.
I'll simply prove your comment about Prescott Bush to be a lie.
Bush was a founder and one of seven directors (including W. Averell Harriman) of the Union Banking Corporation (holding a single share out of 4,000 as a director), an investment bank that operated as a clearing house for many assets and enterprises held by German steel magnate Fritz Thyssen, an early supporter and financier of the Nazi Party.[10][11] In July 1942, the bank was suspected of holding gold on behalf of Nazi leaders.[12] A subsequent government investigation disproved those allegations but confirmed the Thyssens' control, and in October 1942 the United States seized the bank under the Trading with the Enemy Act and held the assets for the duration of World War II.[10]
At the time, a great number of prominent Americans admired Adolph Hitler. He was turning the economy of Germany and was very popular. President FDR knew many of the horrific details of what was happening but not the average citizen. Henry Ford was a great admirer of Hitler as Hitler was of Henry Ford.
I asked "the Duke" for links to see where he got his lies. No response.

Thanks for the para on Prescott Bush. So not sure how Thyssen communicated with the Union Bank if he had control? Still not Prescott's finest hour.

I saw the British series "The Crown". One of the Brit royals was a Nazi, or Nazi sympathizer. I think it was the one who abdicated "for the woman he loved".

I asked "the Duke" for links to see where he got his lies. No response.

Thanks for the para on Prescott Bush. So not sure how Thyssen communicated with the Union Bank if he had control? Still not Prescott's finest hour.

I saw the British series "The Crown". One of the Brit royals was a Nazi, or Nazi sympathizer. I think it was the one who abdicated "for the woman he loved".
The world was still licking its wounds from the horrific losses of WW I. The majority of people were adamantly opposed to another war. Hitler wasn't bothering them and Germany seemed happy so it was easy to look the other way. No one knew of the concentration camps and, if they did, they knew it couldn't be as bad as the rumors.

"Increase the power of the State" or authorize the religious freedom of citizens against the power of the federal government. It depends on how you look at it.

A SUB once again defines "conservative" for us....

A conservative is an asshole who just wants to cut taxes.

LOL!!!

IMHO Obama and Biden are far worse than W

If you had an IQ over 5, which you clearly do not, you might have noticed THOSE THREE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM....

R.5d0333258019776427239619c0c53518

President Obama opens Smithsonian's African American museum | Daily ...

A SUB once again defines "conservative" for us....
If you had an IQ over 5, which you clearly do not, you might have noticed THOSE THREE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM....
1. That's all "conservatives" or "neo-cons" as they're called today do. They cut taxes, period. If you say they do anything else you're a liar.

2. How about some proof that the Bush/Cheney admin was the same as the Obama/Biden admin. This should be interesting. Not photos, policies.

That's all "conservatives" or "neo-cons" as they're called today do

LOL!!!!

Your understanding of political lexicon is absolutely breathtaking...

Please define liberal and libertarian for us too...

LOL!!!!

Small government and social conservatism.
Why do you feel social conservatism requires big government?
The Florida overnment, for example has made major incursions into individual and family healthcare decisions, what people can say, what companies can teach in employee training and what companies can publicly say. All of this in support of social conservatism.

It seems that the left's gang of idiots are afraid.

Screenshot 03-29-2023 05.40.57.png

They're getting themselves herded by the Judas goat. DeSantis' one took out the left Florida wide. :)

/Judah out

The Florida overnment, for example has made major incursions into individual and family healthcare decisions, what people can say, what companies can teach in employee training and what companies can publicly say. All of this in support of social conservatism.

The Florida government, for example has made major incursions into individual and family healthcare decisions,

Like what?

what people can say, what companies can teach in employee training and what companies can publicly say.

Any specifics?

The far left has been doing that for decades as part of their overall assault on American culture, history, and identity.

You're losing it. Check again. Hint: I copied post #557 from post #474.
Dubya wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can't see why "The Duke" calls him a traitor.
The AFG "war" against the Taliban was justifiable, OBL was there.
The Iraq war for non-existent WMDs was less justified, but "traitorous"? I can't get there.
I am losing it, yet you claim we invaded Iraq immediately after 9/11. I think we can all see who the moron is!

Forum List

Back