Why Trump is Going to WIN the Debates BIG TIME

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
A few observations about the debate styles and what I mean by "winning a debate".

1) I am not speaking of putting up the most data points or giving the most boring detailed policy plans that would fell a raging giant with a cloud of Z's. I am speaking of persuasion, the persuasion to vote for the candidate among the most people. Today's debate society has devolved into some kind of rushed muttering race to data dump the most facts into a microphone and virtually ignores persuasiveness. That is NOT what a Presidential candidate should do. They need to persuade the audience to vote for them and nothing else.

2) the media will announce Hillary Clinton the winner of each debate as they will be judging the debates like some high school debate coach. But Hillary is already in full shriek at this point and this will not help her to persuade the public she is the right person for the job. Part of this comes from her and her staff misunderstanding why Trump won the GOP nomination and why he has bounced back in the polls. And she will adopt these tactics of rude confrontation laced with personal attacks because she mistakenly believes that this is what has brought Trump to the game.

3) Trump is a master at public performance, entertainment and presenting an authoritative and strong demeanor. Anyone notice yet how Trump doesnt smile nearly as often as most politicians do? He is projecting an image of a tough and stern leader who will fight for the People of the USA. He projects being in control, not frantically wondering why he isnt 50 points ahead in the race.

4) While Hillary is focusing her attacks on Trumps character, Trump is spending most of his time presenting his attacks on the Professional Political Class and its attendant Corporate Crony Networks. He understands that people will connect the dots for themselves so he doesnt have to get into the weeds of who will be in charge of the tennis court schedule and similar pointless details.

5) Trump has a track record of getting things done like with the saving of the rebuilding of the Wollman Rink in New York. Trump likely to outperform polls in all 5 states tonight Trump finds the best people for the job irrespective of their politics, but establishment people of BOTH parties tend to use government contracts and jobs as a way of rewarding their supporters, and qualifications and expertise take a back seat to the politics. The public will see in Trumps demeanor that he is a man who gets things done and not some Policy Wonk who is only good at writing reports and kissing ass.

Net result; while the press and pundits will say that Hillary won, the polls will say that Trump will win.

Against a professional entertainer, I think Hillary will be a cream pie on a railroad track as the Rock Island Line comes barreling through.

Last edited:
hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate-strategy-1.jpg

Couldn't resist. I've gone since 5:30am on 4 hours of sleep. I'm out.

After November the next four years will be miserable for you until you nominate Alec Baldwin to run against Hillary Clinton in 2020!

You can not make up the ground lost in the minority community to win this November no matter how much you believe Clinton will lose in the Debates...

Also Donald John Trump will not be able to compare his hands to Hillary to see which one has the bigger penis!

( Which Hillary might still win! )

After November the next four years will be miserable for you until you nominate Alec Baldwin to run against Hillary Clinton in 2020!

You can not make up the ground lost in the minority community to win this November no matter how much you believe Clinton will lose in the Debates...

Also Donald John Trump will not be able to compare his hands to Hillary to see which one has the bigger penis!

Trump is going to win the election in a landslide, with about 40 states.

But the Democrats will have one more go at running a Marxist-lite and then will return to representing the lower working class again and regain their place in our political system.

They are going to have to relearn what honesty and facts are all over again though.

Trump is going to win the election in a landslide, with about 40 states.

But the Democrats will have one more go at running a Marxist-lite and then will return to representing the lower working class again and regain their place in our political system.

They are going to have to relearn what honesty and facts are all over again though.

Name the forty states!?!

A few observations about the debate styles and what I mean by "winning a debate".

1) I am not speaking of putting up the most data points or giving the most boring detailed policy plans that would fell a raging giant with a cloud of Z's. I am speaking of persuasion, the persuasion to vote for the candidate among the most people. Today's debate society has devolved into some kind of rushed muttering race to data dump the most facts into a microphone and virtually ignores persuasiveness. That is NOT what a Presidential candidate should do. They need to persuade the audience to vote for them and nothing else.

2) the media will announce Hillary Clinton the winner of each debate as they will be judging the debates like some high school debate coach. But Hillary is already in full shriek at this point and this will not help her to persuade the public she is the right person for the job. Part of this comes from her and her staff misunderstanding why Trump won the GOP nomination and why he has bounced back in the polls. And she will adopt these tactics of rude confrontation laced with personal attacks because she mistakenly believes that this is what has brought Trump to the game.

3) Trump is a master at public performance, entertainment and presenting an authoritative and strong demeanor. Anyone notice yet how Trump doesnt smile nearly as often as most politicians do? He is projecting an image of a tough and stern leader who will fight for the People of the USA. He projects being in control, not frantically wondering why he isnt 50 points ahead in the race.

4) While Hillary is focusing her attacks on Trumps character, Trump is spending most of his time presenting his attacks on the Professional Political Class and its attendant Corporate Crony Networks. He understands that people will connect the dots for themselves so he doesnt have to get into the weeds of who will be in charge of the tennis court schedule and similar pointless details.

5) Trump has a track record of getting things done like with the saving of the rebuilding of the Wollman Rink in New York. Trump likely to outperform polls in all 5 states tonight Trump finds the best people for the job irrespective of their politics, but establishment people of BOTH parties tend to use government contracts and jobs as a way of rewarding their supporters, and qualifications and expertise take a back seat to the politics. The public will see in Trumps demeanor that he is a man who gets things done and not some Policy Wonk who is only good at writing reports and kissing ass.

Net result; while the press and pundits will say that Hillary won, the polls will say that Trump will win.

Against a professional entertainer, I think Hillary will be a cream pie on a railroad track as the Rock Island Line comes barreling through.

So you're saying Trump will win the debate because he's a better performer and more entertaining and will be propelled to victory by his performance. Apparently you have a pretty low opinion of American voters.

Just subscribing to this thread so I can repost this hilarious Trump ball gurgling post on Tuesday to embarrass you.

:laugh2:

Boring policy plans? I guess when you are under educated you cant be bothered with specifics. Seems like Drumpf will have it made with the illiterate crowd.

So you're saying Trump will win the debate because he's a better performer and more entertaining and will be propelled to victory by his performance. Apparently you have a pretty low opinion of American voters.
That is an accurate summary, though very general, of what I am talking about here.

The average US voter has an IQ of less than 110 and that puts them in mental capacity territory to be more influenced by advertising tactics than by infomercial tactics.

Trumps success thus far demonstrates this truth.

In the "Old Days", the leadership of our educated elite was able to steer the masses away from such lower intellectual methods due to the vulnerability it had to Populism, but with the trading of our jobs for the enrichment of the elites, the top 1%, over the last 28 years, those days are now over for ever.

Welcome to the Permanent Era of Electoral Populism.

[Q

So if Trump- perhaps the biggest liar of any Presidential candidate ever- is elected- the Democrats will have to relearn honesty.

Does that mean you have given up on the GOP ever relearning what honest and the facts are?

That is an accurate summary, though very general, of what I am talking about here.

The average US voter has an IQ of less than 110 and that puts them in mental capacity territory to be more influenced by advertising tactics than by infomercial tactics.

Trumps success thus far demonstrates this truth.

In the "Old Days", the leadership of our educated elite was able to steer the masses away from such lower intellectual methods due to the vulnerability it had to Populism, but with the trading of our jobs for the enrichment of the elites, the top 1%, over the last 28 years, those days are now over for ever.

Welcome to the Permanent Era of Electoral Populism.
The answer to Americans greatest problems, good leadership, poverty, crime, unemployment, and distribution of wealth is a well educated population. Nowhere is the need more obvious than in our elections.

Forum List

Back